Master Gunner Rank Insignia on e-bay

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by OP_ACK, Nov 17, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have just seen Master Gunner rank slides for 1st and 2nd class Master Gunners advertised on e-bay. Class 2 is the "Standard" Master Gunner insignia, whilst Class 1 is shown surrounded by a Laurel wreath. Both versions are available in DPM and Desert.

Am I getting old (Yes, but that's a different issue), or is the Class 1 a fake?

2. Here's a picture of Class 1!

Attached Files:

3. Do you not now have a 'Warrant Officer Royal Artillary' with a fancy badge? And Class 1 & 2 abolished to make 'Master Gunner' only? Do not know when this happened? Anybody know?

What is the badge of a 'Master Gunner RA' ?

4. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

I believe there is a RA (BSM) is it not VW

5. Quite Correct, Royal Artillery Sergeant Major wears a "very" large badge, similar to the old helmet plate, not sure what the RA BSM wears, and as far as I am aware, there is only one rank/grade of Master Gunner.

Hence the question.

6. Does the Master Gunner of today wear just a 'Royal Arms' over Gun? If so the Combat 95 of 'Royal Arms in Wreath' must be a fake! The Master Gunner First Class used to wear a 'Royal Arms in Wreath' but this was discountinued at some time? Any confirmation on this?

This is the RAWO 'Big Badge'

Attached Files:

• rawo.jpg
      File size:
      20.9 KB
      Views:
  7. You're quite correct it is BV and the badge he wears bears no difference from what any other BSM wears.

8. Both Rank slides are wrong........I will try to attach the correct rank insignia for Mater Gunner......wait out!![​IMG]

9. sorry about the quality...but above is the current Master Gunner Rank badge

10. Ah! Now we seem to be getting somewhere!

11. Master Gunners appear to be senior in appointment to RSMs in Queens' Regulations.

12. How many senior W01 appointments are there in the RA? Am I correct in thinking there is one MG , one RASM and one RSMI?

13. Just the RASM, although there are two (i think) other second tour WO1 slots.

14. that is correct,

15. A strange arrangement - like the RLC Conductors