Massive webbing!

BBear

LE
Kit Reviewer
Fooking hell, how much stuff do guys have to bloody carry in their belt kit? I thought it was rounds, water, bit of scoff, maybe some socks, mine kit and the like. So 2 ammo pouches and 3 water bottle ones. Just saw 2 guys at Brum new street with these massive jobbies! (I only pinged them because, despite thier deployment bags, they had the words supply of cam kit on!)

L to R

Double ammo pouch
Single ammo pouch
3x WB pouch
2x Utility pouch

Bayonet horizontal on bottom of yoke.

I think they were airbourne guys, due to scrimmed up lids. I can't work out any reason why you'd have that much shite on your belt kit, if it just a fashion parade or what?

There a some companies i.e. Dragon, Troopers & JayJays who manufacture taylor made webbing, If the guys where Para Regt/Airbourne then it's probably Dragon/Troopers both in Colchester.

Stilts

copper_knobblet said:
Saw a female at Keogh with L&R double ammo pouches and six other utility/water bottle pouches. Yes 6 I counted them twice...
Was that because of her massive arrse? I don't even think I could fit 8 puches on my belt at all, let alone get prone in that!

T C

i have 3 utility pouches and one small arktis pouch on my kit and offen think that its too much ! but 6 utility! her arse must have been huge!

Horses for courses. I have a single ammo pouch with my ammo, morphine and tourniquette.

I have 4 waterbottle/utility pouches, and an old ALICE canteen pouch I picked up for the waterbottle squeezed around the back, and a double ammo each side. This may seem to much, but it all fits fine, and if I want to travel lighter, then I just leave one of the pouches empty. This means I'm never stuck about what I can and can't carry. Get given more ammo, just use one of the spare pouches round the back and so on etc...

I know what your thinking, and the answer is no, I'm not some fat 20 stone cnut. I just use a thick hippo pad to increase the space on the belt, and I wear the webbing pretty low around my waist.

T

the_mentalist

I my opinion, belt kit is down to the individual. Depending on the size of a person’s waist, you can carry as many or as few pouches as required for the task.

I have a tailored set of webbing, I only carry one double ammo pouch with a utility pouch on the opposite side, I then have another 4 water/utility pouches making up the remainder of the set. All stitched onto a hippo pad with a roll pin belt. My bayonet frog fits onto loops that are stitched onto the utility pouch next to my ammo pouch. Does me fine.

However, on Telic 1, I went out with a full set of belt kit, but soon stripped it down to an ammo pouch, water bottle pouch and resi pouch. Again this suited my needs.

Paradoxically, in NI if I was in vehicles I would use a chest rig, when on foot I preferred belt kit.

T_M

Concrete_Marmoset said:
BBear said:
I think they were airbourne guys, due to scrimmed up lids. I can't work out any reason why you'd have that much shite on your belt kit, if it just a fashion parade or what?
not a web set from these guys is it ?

Dragon Supplies
Been down to their hanger in the Severalls Industrial estate here in Colchester and they have some good sets for around £120 or will tailor your issued webbing for around £80 and tailor on site. Im a tight fisted sod so look like a hillbilly when Im carrying mine round but prefer a chest rig when in armoured vehicles stuffed with my mars bars.

T

the_mentalist

Certa_Cito said:
Concrete_Marmoset said:
BBear said:
not a web set from these guys is it ?

Dragon Supplies

Nice link Concrete, but THIS stuff is the dogs böllocks :lol:
http://www.surplusandoutdoors.com/ishop/877/shopscr458.html
Joking aside, 58 webbing was great in it's day.

I had a set that was 2 ammo pouches, 4 water botlle pouches all sewn together and painted DPM with my bum roll on top and a roll pin belt.

It was the dogs nuts (until i got wet and you couldn't get anything out of the pouches!).

T_M

T

the_mentalist

HM Supplies in Aldershot will tailor and modify your existing belt kit to your spec for around £50 depending on what you want doing.

T_M

the_mentalist said:
It was the dogs nuts (until i got wet and you couldn't get anything out of the pouches!)
Yep and somehow it was always soaked wet through on a range day when you were trying to do a fast mag change. Emphasis on "trying" :D

as a NIG ISTR rolling with standard 58 pattern 2x ammo, 1x water, 2xkidney and a ressie case. capped off with a NBC roll.

being about 9 stone it was impossible to wrap that lot around me without it sticking out. Thats when the hippo pad appeared and boy did that help. 8 quid IIRC and thank god for that. getting a poncho roll to replace the NBC roll really helped (though I think I had cut the lining out of the inside of the NBC trousers already which made them fit in training so much more easily.

T

the_mentalist

Certa_Cito said:
the_mentalist said:
It was the dogs nuts (until i got wet and you couldn't get anything out of the pouches!)
Yep and somehow it was always soaked wet through on a range day when you were trying to do a fast mag change. Emphasis on "trying" :D
Yeh! them were the days, trying to get a proper magazine out of your pouch, then came along them new fangled 5.56mm magazines and they went in and out of the pouch a bit too easy for my liking!!! :D

T_M

Anyone know what the little female clip is for between the two strap loops?

Run_Charlie! said:
Anyone know what the little female clip is for between the two strap loops?

Cos I is sad and read this things. PLCE webbing has these clips fitted for various clips on the yoke and straps used with the side pouches off the bergen that make up the day sack thing. The idea was that everything was all hooked up together. Which is also why CBA had a single loop and clips fitted to the rear, which was intended to loop around the webbing belt!

The single loop and clip fitted to the rear of CBA is excellent for making your own modified sling. Cut the " T " bar out of the clip and thread the end through the rear sling loop of the rifle. Then take the strap with the male end and thread that through the horizontal strap on the right shoulder of the webbing yoke. Excellent if your not a fan the issue sling as you can still have both hands free with the weapon hanging down but if you need to bring the weapon to aim then just undo the quick release clip. No more getting sling caught round belt kit or webbing etc.