Massive webbing!

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by BBear, Dec 14, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

Fooking hell, how much stuff do guys have to bloody carry in their belt kit? I thought it was rounds, water, bit of scoff, maybe some socks, mine kit and the like. So 2 ammo pouches and 3 water bottle ones. Just saw 2 guys at Brum new street with these massive jobbies! (I only pinged them because, despite thier deployment bags, they had the words supply of cam kit on!)

L to R

Double ammo pouch
    Single ammo pouch
    3x WB pouch
    2x Utility pouch

Bayonet horizontal on bottom of yoke.

I think they were airbourne guys, due to scrimmed up lids. I can't work out any reason why you'd have that much shite on your belt kit, if it just a fashion parade or what?

2. There a some companies i.e. Dragon, Troopers & JayJays who manufacture taylor made webbing, If the guys where Para Regt/Airbourne then it's probably Dragon/Troopers both in Colchester.

Stilts

3. Saw a female at Keogh with L&R double ammo pouches and six other utility/water bottle pouches. Yes 6 I counted them twice...

4. Was that because of her massive arrse? I don't even think I could fit 8 puches on my belt at all, let alone get prone in that!

T C

5. i have 3 utility pouches and one small arktis pouch on my kit and offen think that its too much ! but 6 utility! her arse must have been huge!

6. Horses for courses. I have a single ammo pouch with my ammo, morphine and tourniquette.

7. I have 4 waterbottle/utility pouches, and an old ALICE canteen pouch I picked up for the waterbottle squeezed around the back, and a double ammo each side. This may seem to much, but it all fits fine, and if I want to travel lighter, then I just leave one of the pouches empty. This means I'm never stuck about what I can and can't carry. Get given more ammo, just use one of the spare pouches round the back and so on etc...

I know what your thinking, and the answer is no, I'm not some fat 20 stone cnut. I just use a thick hippo pad to increase the space on the belt, and I wear the webbing pretty low around my waist.

8. That doesnt mean sod all these days, tons of people of the regular persuasion do that now.

9. not a web set from these guys is it ?

Dragon Supplies

10. I my opinion, belt kit is down to the individual. Depending on the size of a person’s waist, you can carry as many or as few pouches as required for the task.

I have a tailored set of webbing, I only carry one double ammo pouch with a utility pouch on the opposite side, I then have another 4 water/utility pouches making up the remainder of the set. All stitched onto a hippo pad with a roll pin belt. My bayonet frog fits onto loops that are stitched onto the utility pouch next to my ammo pouch. Does me fine.

However, on Telic 1, I went out with a full set of belt kit, but soon stripped it down to an ammo pouch, water bottle pouch and resi pouch. Again this suited my needs.

Paradoxically, in NI if I was in vehicles I would use a chest rig, when on foot I preferred belt kit.

T_M

11. Nice link Concrete, but THIS stuff is the dogs böllocks :lol:
    http://www.surplusandoutdoors.com/ishop/877/shopscr458.html

12. Been down to their hanger in the Severalls Industrial estate here in Colchester and they have some good sets for around £120 or will tailor your issued webbing for around £80 and tailor on site. Im a tight fisted sod so look like a hillbilly when Im carrying mine round but prefer a chest rig when in armoured vehicles stuffed with my mars bars.

13. Joking aside, 58 webbing was great in it's day.

I had a set that was 2 ammo pouches, 4 water botlle pouches all sewn together and painted DPM with my bum roll on top and a roll pin belt.

It was the dogs nuts (until i got wet and you couldn't get anything out of the pouches!).

T_M

14. HM Supplies in Aldershot will tailor and modify your existing belt kit to your spec for around £50 depending on what you want doing.

T_M

15. Yep and somehow it was always soaked wet through on a range day when you were trying to do a fast mag change. Emphasis on "trying" :D