Massive pension increase ? Only me?

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by old_bloke, Nov 30, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all,

Just asking if any other ARRSES have had a massive ( 66%) increase in their pension this month?

I have , so Im guessing it'll be put it in the bank and keep it safe until they ask for it back or don't pay me for the next 2 months.

I am still 8 years away from the index linking of the pension as well.

Help Anybody!

2. Nope ... no increase for me. I'm 3.5 years away from index linking.

Does Glasgow suspect you of ageing dramatically over the last year?

3. Any change in your tax position?

Mr Tax Man could have decided to apply your tax allowance to your pension and tax your salary at BR.

4. Don't know,As I am an expat and only get my MIL pension taxed in the UK.
    Unless its a tax rebate but I thought that came in the form of a cheque from the TAX Office not from the pension provider.

5. Ahhhh Got a tax rebate with my pension a month or two ago, came as a lump payment with my pension. I was expecting it though.

6. Same here, will wait for my UK bank statement with anticipation this month then. A 66% chrimbo pressie from HMG would be very nice :)

7. No increase for me and i have only 8 Months till i am index linked !

8. Yep I recon thats it.

Now what to buy for my extra Xmas pressi.

9. Just checked through my accounts I got the rebate at the beginning of October, it was lumped in with my normal pension payment. Got some paperwork through not long afterwards as well explaining it all.

10. vauxhall

vauxhall Sponsor

Sound very strange to us folk at the Forces Pension Society. We can only think that you have had a change to your tax code which has generated a big tax rebate. However, Xafinity Paymaster should have given you a statement telling you why your pension has changed. Our advice is to ring 0845 1212514 and ask what is happening. Good Luck.