Massive flooding in Cumbria and the CCRF is...

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by msr, Nov 20, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

.. proven to be a complete sham.

Can we kick this irrelevance into touch?

2. always was and is a complete load of crap
  3. msr

msr LE

This proves it.
  4. Apparently, it's like MACA and the call out list, but for grown ups.

Sorry dear xxx
  5. we were warned off about 4pm today only to be stood down 90 minutes later. just how bad does it have to get before they bring us in?
  6. 9/11 level event so I'm told - ie anything which the emergency services and some regular call out can't handle. The current situation is well within the capability of normal incident response.
  7. CCRF irrelevant since 2007
  8. hey, you should mention this on the new - armynet - vital ground - TA forum.
  9. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

The CCRF concept has already been abandoned. It is a non-function. Dead. Deceased. Shuffled off this mortal coil. No more.
  10. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Just a thought :

Did anyone actually ring the police and ask if they need help?
    The reason I ask is there was a team from York on the radio who took it upon themselves to ring up at 03:00 and state we're a Mountain Rescue team need any help?

And were told get up here by any means ASAP

Is someone sitting in TAC waiting for the phone to ring?
  11. | saw squaddies on the news?
  12. 'The MOD CS don't want the forces getting involved in any sort of MACA tasking.
    It makes those CS depts who can't cope look bad.'

At least that's what a member of the Cabinet Office told me!
  13. CCRF should be pushed forward, to a point where in such times an almost CDC type call out can be established, with clear lines of command for the Police, Fire, Ambulance, various civil agencies and the military to work to.

This would probalby require the local town halls to draw up plans.
  14. I think jim30 has also pointed out in the past that we are fecking expensive to use and that under no circumstances should we even be considered before exhausting all other avenues Guides, scouts, brownies, LoF etc
  15. msr

msr LE

These floods have been forecast well in advance.

Could a CCRF stylee callout and a large number of sandbags have made a difference?

This is a 'Once in a 1,000 years' deluge.