Massive flap on!!

Discussion in 'Armed Forces Pension Scheme' started by Hollis's way, Sep 5, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi men

Sat a med board and was told im p8 full discharge around apr14.

ok happy with that however, i joined the army in 1998 on afps75. left army in 2005 then re-joined in 2006 on the new afps05.

when i found out i was to be dicharged i was told to aggregate the two pensions.

now i have found out i should not have aggregatedthem as i will not get the years under the 75 scheme until 65.

then heard i will only get the afps05 years.

can someone help me as to what is going on.
  2. Who told you to aggregate the two?
  3. Mwa ha ha ha haaaaaaa
    • Like Like x 1
  4. some numpty in HQ.
  5. They cannot stop you aggregating if that is what you want to do. It means that your preserved pension will count in AFPS 05 at your current Final Pensionable Salary BUT the benefits will be paid at 65, not 60 as your AFPS 75 benefits would currently be paid out.

What is happening, that needs sorting out, is that while they let you aggregate for pension purposes, they do not recognise it for EDP, redundancy or, important in your case, Resettlement Grant.

Initially, when we spoke to top brass about this they thought that only a few people were affected but it is now becoming clear that there are a lot of you out there. I have seen something on the RN net asking for people in this position to come forward. I suggest that you put in a Service Complaint - the more the merrier!
    • Like Like x 4
  6. What is really sad is that 'the system' does not seem to be overly bothered about the 75/05 aggregation issues, unless it effects a sufficiently large enough number that it may attract an external/Ministerial audience!
    • Like Like x 1