Massive earthquake (6.4) in California during 4 July celebrations

It's just an ironic comment from your side - the damage missing your brother. I don't know, gave me a laugh..never meant anything bad..
And you think we don't get irony...

It's like saying "wish the bitch would die already!" but not actually meaning it...
There is a reason I don't spend any appreciable time in California. I don't want to kill him, because I'd likely be caught.

I have a brother and sister like that.
They wouldn't be missed by anyone.
I certainly won't miss... even if I'd have to use a CA legal Snowflake-15.

I have a sis who hates me absolutely now but if something happens to her, I would really hate it. And she lives in the typhoon area in Florida..
My sister in Florida would be sorely missed.

The good news is that my California properties, are undamaged. The bad news is that they are still not beach front as of yet. The earthquakes unfortunately missed my brother as well.
Now that's property speculation in the extreme, waiting for the rest of the state to slide into the sea just to get a better view. Well done that man

I was sitting at home late one evening, having a quiet drink and reading my book, when I noticed something odd, the pendulum of the old grandfather clock in the corner was swinging. Nothing odd about that, other than the fact that the clock's works were banjaxed decades ago. I looked up and noticed the room's lights (what I call rather grandly a chandelier) were also swaying, earthquake obviously although I hadn't felt any tremor.

Rather pleased with my deductive abilities I sent my friend a WhatsApp message claiming first dibs on the earthquake report.

He replied to the effect that anyone who looks up from their book at night to see their clock pendulum swinging along the "chandelier" needs to put on their red velvet smoking jacket and go out to investigate with a candelabra in hand, perhaps calling their manservant for assistance and that if I insisted on living in a Victorian Gothic novel I should stop using WhatsApp and other modern technology.

Cnut.

Things seem to be progressing in California fairly nicely at the moment, the Governor of California has, naturally, declared a state of emergency, a prerequisite to seeking Federal assistance. A request for a Presidential disaster declaration has been submitted. FEMA has sent a Incident Management Assistance Team to the state emergency management operations center to prepare for merging state and federal efforts.

A situation report is linked here:
ArcGIS sitrep

The picture shows a portion of the California emergency operations center.
To the left there are a series of links. The US Geologic Survey link and the FEMA link might be of the greatest interest.
One California oddity. You may see references to CalFire. Like the rest of the US firefighting is primarily a local city or county function. California is a big state with lots of forests and a wildfire problem. CalFire is tasked with forest fires but in disasters will assist locals.

Watching the news I thought of some ARRSE members. The was video of liquor stores with floors covered with smashed bottles and streams of mixed whiskey, vodka, gun, run, etc running out the door. Some ARRSE members might be moved to tears by that sight.

Watching the news I thought of some ARRSE members. The was video of liquor stores with floors covered with smashed bottles and streams of mixed whiskey, vodka, gun, run, etc running out the door. Some ARRSE members might be moved to tears by that sight.
Next time put up a warning on the post "may contain descriptions of a catastrophic alcohol related nature.."

I have family in outer Orange County and yep they felt little rumbles thankfully they are ok. My aunt just had her birthday in the week laughingly.

Naval Base Ventura County Ventura County - (Naval Air Station Point Mugu et al) issued evacuations of civilian personnel, reservists et al.

Point_Mugu_news_0.JPG

Point_Mugu_news.JPG

The resident 146th Airlift Wing are going to be busy and Moffet Field residents are assisting ith survey.

129th_RQS_news.JPG

Things seem to be progressing in California fairly nicely at the moment, the Governor of California has, naturally, declared a state of emergency, a prerequisite to seeking Federal assistance. A request for a Presidential disaster declaration has been submitted. FEMA has sent a Incident Management Assistance Team to the state emergency management operations center to prepare for merging state and federal efforts.

A situation report is linked here:
ArcGIS sitrep

The picture shows a portion of the California emergency operations center.
To the left there are a series of links. The US Geologic Survey link and the FEMA link might be of the greatest interest.
One California oddity. You may see references to CalFire. Like the rest of the US firefighting is primarily a local city or county function. California is a big state with lots of forests and a wildfire problem. CalFire is tasked with forest fires but in disasters will assist locals.

Some of those bottles may be intact. I would call that an incredible “business” opportunity.

A friend posted this on Facebook. Photo of road movement at Naval Weapons Station China Lake.

ChinaLake.jpg

The caption says:
"Aerial view of faulted road on the China Lake NAWS base. Total measured right-lateral offset of about 6.5 feet and approx 3 feet vertical. Large offset at bottom of pic is ~5 feet."

Thats what happens when you build a city right on a fault line

Thats what happens when you build a city right on a fault line
Well it is not really a city. China Lake Naval Station has about 5000 military and civilian employees spread out over 1,100,000 acres or about 1700 square miles. More of a desert than a city really

FB_IMG_1562569417305.jpg

another picture from the China Lake weapons station