Massacre in Cairo

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by tuffy52, Aug 14, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well, that will mean Willy Vague and Call-Me-Dave will be bellyaching for Old Blighty to send more Tax payers cash via the Ministry of Baksheesh, Bungs & Greasing of Palms.......
  2. I forget, are we for or against the protesters? It's very hard to keep up.
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Not our problem.

Make another Thread when people who actually matter get killed.:roll:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
  4. we dont really know which is why no body is saying anything from our end. so how much of a crackdown can the islamists take before they can justifiably defend themselves and start an armed insurrection? then whos side are we on?

how difficult would it be to take and hold the canal.....
  5. Very difficult if you're floating in the stratosphere...
    • Like Like x 1
  6. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

Nipper (28 ), for whom "news" just passes by in a blur, asked yesterday just what this Arab Spring thingy was. I explained. I also pointed out that these things break out periodically and swathes of humanity suddenly decide to cast aside the shackles. Like eastern Europe around 1990. But sometimes the government keep them in their box, like Tienanmen Square. And Syria. And now, it seems, Egypt.
  7. Egypt will descend into all out civil war within the next 8 weeks.
  8. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

May I refer you to July 1956?
  9. i think it'll be a slower burner than that. the impression i got during the revolution was that the country wasnt awash with weapons and that this kept violence down at the time (if you'd given them guns many protestors would've been taking potshots not throwing stones).
  10. I've a feeling the Egyptian army aren't exactly going to be shitting themselves.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. I want you all to know that I'm ready to cast off the shackes here.
  12. Get about two hundred and fifty of your mates and hold a sit in.
  13. Isn't that what they do a the Houses of Parliament?