Massacre in Cairo

Well, that will mean Willy Vague and Call-Me-Dave will be bellyaching for Old Blighty to send more Tax payers cash via the Ministry of Baksheesh, Bungs & Greasing of Palms.......

I forget, are we for or against the protesters? It's very hard to keep up.

we dont really know which is why no body is saying anything from our end. so how much of a crackdown can the islamists take before they can justifiably defend themselves and start an armed insurrection? then whos side are we on?

how difficult would it be to take and hold the canal.....

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Nipper (28 ), for whom "news" just passes by in a blur, asked yesterday just what this Arab Spring thingy was. I explained. I also pointed out that these things break out periodically and swathes of humanity suddenly decide to cast aside the shackles. Like eastern Europe around 1990. But sometimes the government keep them in their box, like Tienanmen Square. And Syria. And now, it seems, Egypt.

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
May I refer you to July 1956?

Egypt will descend into all out civil war within the next 8 weeks.
i think it'll be a slower burner than that. the impression i got during the revolution was that the country wasnt awash with weapons and that this kept violence down at the time (if you'd given them guns many protestors would've been taking potshots not throwing stones).

I've a feeling the Egyptian army aren't exactly going to be shitting themselves.

I also pointed out that these things break out periodically and swathes of humanity suddenly decide to cast aside the shackles.
I want you all to know that I'm ready to cast off the shackes here.

I'm with you, not sure which outrage bus to get onto. A few pointers might help us though. I think if the the US is still selling F16s to Egypt then those in charge at present are the good guys making the protestors the bad guys. The good guys are apparently using tear gas dropped from helicopters, but no sound bites from Hague going on about chemical weapons being used, just that he wishes to encourage dialogue. I wonder can't we supply armoured vehicles and equipment to both sides just to edge our bets?

Sent via Tapatalk HD

I've a feeling the Egyptian army aren't exactly going to be shitting themselves.
low level insurgency at best, there's no way they could take on the army directly without some massive defections or seizing some weapons stockpiles.

am i the only one who gets the feeling that the west just want the army to slap everyone into line qucily and quietly? maybe they could have elections involving a good strong military leader? whats the commander of their air force like these days?

Sketchy reports that a Brit cameraman has been shot.

I'm with you, not sure which outrage bus to get onto. A few pointers might help us though. I think if the the US is still selling F16s to Egypt then those in charge at present are the good guys making the protestors the bad guys. The good guys are apparently using tear gas dropped from helicopters, but no sound bites from Hague going on about chemical weapons being used, just that he wishes to encourage dialogue. I wonder can't we supply armoured vehicles and equipment to both sides just to edge our bets?

Sent via Tapatalk HD
Arn't the Muslim Brotherhood for 14th Century Islamic tradition?. Complete knobbers who look to subjugate women and feck over other religions and beliefs?

If they get a foothold in Egypt then who knows where it will end in the wider Middle East.

When Mubarek was ousted there was a power vacuum and the Muslim Brotherhood stepped in before more moderate parties were able to organise.

Egyptians were not left with much of a choice at the elections which followed hence the bad guys got in.

I think this is my understanding of it. No doubt some one will be along shortly to shoot it down in flames.

Sky now showing infra red footage of automatic weapons being fired at the security forces from within the ranks of stone throwers.

Footage came from a Mil Heli but if authentic looks pretty conclusive to me...