Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Mass Shootings in the US

Our police are routinely armed and only once, no I’m wrong twice have I had a police firearm pointed in my direction.
Both times by drunks.

Maybe I am going senile but I don’t quite understand that Skid.

Where’s “here” for you and how come the pistol pointers were drunk.

Maybe I am going senile but I don’t quite understand that Skid.

Where’s “here” for you and how come the pistol pointers were drunk.
Sorry, Northern Ireland and they’d been drinking.
As I’m sure some can verify there used to be quite the art of getting a shoulder holster off while shrugging out of a jacket.

Who he F*** needs more than

Don't need guns where I live, nobody else has them, only the local farmers, i can walk the streets knowing that I am not going to get slotted by a nutter with a semi automatic, or hand gun. To be disarmed, you have to have held firearms on licence to start with. We here in Albion (Google it) can walk without fear of spams with attitude.

Clearly you don't hunt, 8 is quite easy to break. The general rule of thumb is one firearm per different type of game animal you are trying to bring home. Not going to use my Versa Max to kill Pheasants the Benelli to kill Geese. Same for big and medium game animals, and varmint hunting is a pretty serious investment to.

Can you walk without fear of knives and other sharp objects? We use guns you folks like to stab each other, the end result is the same.

Sorry, Northern Ireland and they’d been drinking.
As I’m sure some can verify there used to be quite the art of getting a shoulder holster off while shrugging out of a jacket.

A pissed-up prison officer pointed a revolver at me in a well-known Carrickfergus hostelry, back in the 90's. I later heard that he got hoofed for a litany of similar bellendery.

Can you walk without fear of knives and other sharp objects? We use guns you folks like to stab each other, the end result is the same.

Yes. 100% of the time. It never crosses my mind that I might get ventilated.

I doubt if more than a slack handful of Brits walk in fear of getting stabbed.

Stabbers, stabbees and getting stabbed is pretty much the preserve of a very small part of our demographic make-up.

And the primary reason this stabbiness exists is because the participants can’t get their hands on firearms.

The end result can be the same but I think most people would rather take their chances against an assailant with a knife than one with a firearm.

Yes. 100% of the time. It never crosses my mind that I might get ventilated.

I doubt if more than a slack handful of Brits walk in fear of getting stabbed.

Stabbers, stabbees and getting stabbed is pretty much the preserve of a very small part of our demographic make-up.

And the primary reason this stabbiness exists is because the participants can’t get their hands on firearms.

The end result can be the same but I think most people would rather take their chances against an assailant with a knife than one with a firearm.

I worry more or less about getting hit by a pensioner in a pick up truck. Damn horrible fear in parking lots.

Clearly you don't hunt, 8 is quite easy to break. The general rule of thumb is one firearm per different type of game animal you are trying to bring home. Not going to use my Versa Max to kill Pheasants the Benelli to kill Geese. Same for big and medium game animals, and varmint hunting is a pretty serious investment to.

I will worry about sharp pointy things when they are made with 20-30 round mags, at 600+ rounds P/M. Most if not all of my generation carry small pocket pen knifes, lawfully, 73mm or less. I don't recall any grey haired old bloke being charged with knifing a "Hoody" with a pen knife. Opening a letter, sharpening a pencil, cutting string, peeling an orange, hardly in the "Brassing up a school class " league.

I will worry about sharp pointy things when they are made with 20-30 round mags, at 600+ rounds P/M. Most if not all of my generation carry small pocket pen knifes, lawfully, 73mm or less. I don't recall any grey haired old bloke being charged with knifing a "Hoody" with a pen knife. Opening a letter, sharpening a pencil, cutting string, peeling an orange, hardly in the "Brassing up a school class " league.
IMG_0342.jpg

There is my pocket knife. Pretty handy thing, works like a charm to field dress medium sized game animals.

Clearly you have not thought this out. Knives are useless beyond a very few meters. Guns, useful beyond that.