Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Mass Shootings in the US

The "lock em up or hang em" idea was (as mentioned) only feasible in a dictatorship where the only aim was to stop gun crime and with no worries about the rest of it.
So it’s barking, it was supposed to be barking and you admit that it is unrealistic.

It could be done, it has been done in other countries but it is a price that Americans are unwilling to pay and therefore they keep killing each other and cry crocodile tears over dead kids while at the same time telling other countries that they are doing it all wrong.
Perhaps it could be done, but not the way you propose. It hasn’t been done anywhere with the same starting conditions as the US.

I doubt that the only way to address the problem is dictatorial fiat, so it is disingenuous to say that people are doing nothing if they aren’t following your self-confessed guano-insane scheme for inverting the basic principles on which a country was founded.

At this rate, yes.
Interesting from both you and @SOCALSapper . I visit the US a bit and never a hint that anyone thinks a revolution, or some major event orchestrated by the government was likely to occur.

Be honest now. Is that the reason you want to keep gun laws the way they are. Or is it because you really want to protect your rights, or perhaps more your hobby (yes I know hobby is too weak a word for how you feel, but both of you get off owning and shooting your guns. Isn't that really the reason you don't want change).

The one in Maryland? Last I heard one dead and injured - in a state where you have to be 21 to own a firearm and its not easy.

I+dont+think+i+missed+the+point+at+all+to+_962d035831941249b5c1817d88b576e5.jpg

Interesting from both you and @SOCALSapper . I visit the US a bit and never a hint that anyone thinks a revolution, or some major event orchestrated by the government was likely to occur.

Be honest now. Is that the reason you want to keep gun laws the way they are. Or is it because you really want to protect your rights, or perhaps more your hobby (yes I know hobby is too weak a word for how you feel, but both of you get off owning and shooting your guns. Isn't that really the reason you don't want change).

I want more gun rights.. I am not happy with my current laws.

My guns are for (in order)

-Self defense
-pleasure shooting
-2nd amendment activities.

How so? What more would you want?

CCW - my city does not issue any form of CCW currently - if I lived 1/4 of a mile away, I could apply, do the training and legally carry.

No more bullet button - Its a retarded California that every criminal ignores and it just annoys legal gun owners.

Online ammo purchases - CA just stopped this... same reasons as above.

Gun roster - it doesnt allow new handgun models as they 'arent safe' and microstamp bullets. Unless you are Law enforcement...and then, magically they are safe.

Standard capacity mags - my city banned ownership of them ( unconstitutional) - its cops want 15 rd mags, why can't I use mine?

California has all the gun restrictions the gun grabbers have mentioned and it made zero effect on mass shootings or gun violence. In a huge shock, criminals ignore laws.

There are more laws on the books and more in litigation currently - But they are the big ones. You cant buy AR15s as they are designed (right now), although I am somewhat grandfathered in.

Meanwhile back a the ranch. This debate amuses me at times, the know all, condescending attitude from the eastern side of the Atlantic is one reason why the USA exists. Most all Americans need Europe and its better ideas about like a fish needs scuba gear.
For those who reckon that taking out the "assault rifles" eg AR15s will cure the problem, consider this. Until 2003 the only semi auto rifles available in Germany were the M1carbine, M1 Garand and the Mini 14, plus a couple of others. The reason being that they didn't look military. Then came the new law in 2003 and this is now what is available, AR15s, AR 10s and clones thereof unlimited. Even the 10" bbl versions which I believe are not available in the US. The crime rate has not been affected one single bit, in fact the general public didn't even notice the change.

Attachments

• 20180323_221413.jpg
    20180323_221413.jpg
    654.4 KB · Views: 23
Meanwhile back a the ranch. This debate amuses me at times, the know all, condescending attitude from the eastern side of the Atlantic is one reason why the USA exists. Most all Americans need Europe and its better ideas about like a fish needs scuba gear.
For those who reckon that taking out the "assault rifles" eg AR15s will cure the problem, consider this. Until 2003 the only semi auto rifles available in Germany were the M1carbine, M1 Garand and the Mini 14, plus a couple of others. The reason being that they didn't look military. Then came the new law in 2003 and this is now what is available, AR15s, AR 10s and clones thereof unlimited. Even the 10" bbl versions which I believe are not available in the US. The crime rate has not been affected one single bit, in fact the general public didn't even notice the change.

We can, but only with certain fixed stocks...they are technically pistols though. I have a 10.5" Barrel AR.

Well today I am pretty glad to own them for self defense. Office was evacuated in a panic by management because we did have a credible threat involving an armed disgruntled indvidual. The worst part of the event was the fact that management had no plan and wanted to herd us all into a small parking right outside the building......epic fail I pointed that slight fact out to management and then they just sent us all home early!!! Hooray for the weekend starting early.

Rednecks gain friends quickly and I had a small group of three follow me to my vehicle. I keep a few items In case of dire emergency in the vehicle.

So yes guns are a great asset, especially when you need the potential ability to fight back. I have a feeling a few more will be purchased by coworkers this weekend.

Well today I am pretty glad to own them for self defense. Office was evacuated in a panic by management because we did have a credible threat involving an armed disgruntled indvidual. The worst part of the event was the fact that management had no plan and wanted to herd us all into a small parking right outside the building......epic fail I pointed that slight fact out to management and then they just sent us all home early!!! Hooray for the weekend starting early.

Rednecks gain friends quickly and I had a small group of three follow me to my vehicle. I keep a few items In case of dire emergency in the vehicle.

So yes guns are a great asset, especially when you need the potential ability to fight back. I have a feeling a few more will be purchased by coworkers this weekend.
Presumably this armed disgruntled individual wasn’t an employee?
Edit: back on track - if it’s possible to build a wall around Mexico, then why not a fence around schools with gate, metal detector and rentacop?

Last edited: