Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Mass Shootings in the US

Well Socalled sapper, you believe more guns is the way to go, if we saturate the market to the point every one has one, prehaps we will have the problem that some people have two and some only have one..... It will it's a bit absurd to have three.... prehaps it could be sold as a "Trusted standby".

You posted another fallacy - I showed you are wrong. I am not interested in addressing any more of your mong statements.You make these claims, with zero facts and ignore any response that actually uses some evidence.

You posted another fallacy - I showed you are wrong. I am not interested in addressing any more of your mong statements.You make these claims, with zero facts and ignore any response that actually uses some evidence.
Harpo_and_Lucy_1217.jpg

Well, I had this forwarded to me today from one of my wifes family members who lives in California.. I believe it's going viral at present..

I think most people could see his point, no matter how gun barmy you might be?

Apologies if posted before, but my google and search powers are feeling lazy. Just to inject some observations and articles on research dispelling some myths justifying gun ownership:

More Guns Do Not Stop More Crimes, Evidence Shows

The case against arming teachers

It seems owning a gun for self defence is more likely to get you killed, amongst others.

Your second link appears to completely ignore, or be completely unaware of, the fact that there have been schools that allow teachers to concealed carry for a decade or more. I am pretty sure none of those schools have seen in increase in gun violence or we would have heard about it.

So there wasn't an armed guard tasked to police the school in either Florida or Columbine?

I think you'll find there were but the shooters weren't deterred.

The shooters at Columbine abandoned their original plan and ran away from the armed police officer when he fired at them, as you well know because we have had this conversation before. During the time he was engaging them a number of the kids they were shooting at escaped. What happened after that was the fault of the SOPs taught at the time, which changed soon after. It has never been established if the Columbine murderers knew he was there or not when they started the attack.

Neither do we know yet if the latest murderer knew where the SRO was before he started his attack. We do know he attacked a building the SRO was not in but whether that was accident or design we won't know until the police release the result of the interviews.

Concealed carry for teachers is a completely different thing. In the schools where it is already happening none of the pupils know which teachers are armed, in most of the schools where it happens the pupils don't actually know it is happening.

I note with interest the NRA are losing major corporate sponsors and patrons.
Although events in the US are seen through a prism, the reaction to the latest outrage does seem to be different.
A Damascene moment when people are actually questioning the influence of the NRA, and the consequences of their influence?
Or is it yet another example of SJW/progressive/antifa tactics targeting the sponsors on social media and other online arenas?

Hash tags are being used to cause a guilt by association link between the sponsors and NRA. This whips up even the slightest negative image which sponsors see as toxic and they bolt.

This isn't pressure groups arguing the facts. It is stoking public ignorance and fears to pit pressure on corporate bodies. They did the same thing on YouTube a few months ago.

This scares me. It is playing their own project fear games, without having to provide any hard facts to back up their argument.

Edit for spelling

Last edited:
Your second link appears to completely ignore, or be completely unaware of, the fact that there have been schools that allow teachers to concealed carry for a decade or more. I am pretty sure none of those schools have seen in increase in gun violence or we would have heard about it.

Er, it does say school shootings are rare.

So statistically that would be probable.

What you would need to do to prove the point I think you are making is to carry out a comparative analysis.

In any case, I posted a link on the other thread of a shooter walking into a police station knowing full well they could shoot back and he shot a cop before being killed himself. The cops having guns didn't deter him.

It could turn out the same for armed teachers.

Or is it yet another example of SJW/progressive/antifa tactics targeting the sponsors on social media and other online arenas?

Hash tags are being used to cause a guilt by association link between the sponsors and NRA. This wips up even the slightest negative image which sponsors see as toxic and they bolt.

This isn't pressure groups arguing the facts. It is stoking public ignorance and fears to pit pressure on corporate bodies. They did the same thing on YouTube a few months ago.

This scares me. It is playing their own project fear games, without having to provide any hard facts to back up their argument.

All a bit Salem Witch Trials.

What you would need to do to prove the point I think you are making is to carry out a comparative analysis.

In any case, I posted a link on the other thread of a shooter walking into a police station knowing full well they could shoot back and he shot a cop before being killed himself. The cops having guns didn't deter him.

Taking your argumentum absurdum to its ultimate conclusion, no point in arming soldiers as they could get shot.

Suicide by cop scenarios are completely different and have completely different motivations from active shooters.

Hash tags are being used to cause a guilt by association link between the sponsors and NRA. This wips up even the slightest negative image which sponsors see as toxic and they bolt.

Or alternatively people are finally sick of dead school kids, its a radical concept I know