Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Mass Shootings in the US

Yep. Even here in ultra liberal Los angeles with all the strictest gun control laws in the country - if you are in my house, its assumed you are there for nefarious reasons. They get show quite often and as long as you dont go batshit and chase them down and finish them off on the street - perfectly legal.

Now that's sensible ; in the UK you stand a real chance of being in front of the beak defending why you were the better fighter on the day .

So the solution to spree shootings in schools could be the arming of teachers. Maybe it will work. The theory being an armed school will be avoided.

But if policemen are being shot in their own police stations by perps who know damn well someone will shoot back, then why won't it also happen anywhere else they're tooled up such as in an armed school?

Police: Maryland officer killed in "unprovoked' attack on police station

And that one isn't the only example I've heard of.

The US has a logjam between the need to do something and the gun rights advocates not wanting anything radical doing which may actually achieve a result. It's going to need a major shift in us attitudes to gun rights or us politicians getting some balls and seeing the problem. They only need to look north across the border into Canada and compare the gun death and violence rates. And maybe parts of the solution.

Last edited:
if the 2nd amendment is a protection against a corrupt over bearing government- what do you expect to happen?
Elect a government, full of honest, decent, incorruptible, public spirited decent human beings? If you had a democracy you could vote them out. Especially in modern times with everyone getting a vote. You could spread the word with electronic communication if you need it getting out there in a hurry, mobilise people who don’t want to vote in a corrupt over bearing government.

Just a thought.

I wonder what’s worse an ‘overbearing government’ or somewhere where the president suggests arming teachers in a nation where children are getting murdered in school.

Yep. Even here in ultra liberal Los angeles with all the strictest gun control laws in the country - if you are in my house, its assumed you are there for nefarious reasons. They get shot quite often and as long as you dont go batshit and chase them down and finish them off on the street - perfectly legal.

It also counts as one of those gun homicides, when they quote the numbers killed.
reminds me of a dit. "when ask why he shot the suspect eleven times with a .44 mag. The Police Officer replied ' I told him to be still or he would be shot. He moved so I shot him and every time I shot him, he moved'."

I would prefer a more passive approach with intelligent building design such as controlled access points, classrooms with magnetic door locks and panels of kevlar sandwiched in the doors, like you'd find on fire doors. Give the teachers tasers if you want, or pepper spray and train them in the use until they're proficient as a last ditch effort. It's got to be better than allowing the gunman free range at your defenceless kids. Have a panic alarm that goes straight to a QRF SWAT that rotates around the local area if you like and try to get heavily armed and armoured, well trained personnel on site as soon as possible.
An intelligent solution and quite practical, however it would take considerable time to implement as well as a shed load of dollars.

An intelligent solution and quite practical, however it would take considerable time to implement as well as a shed load of dollars.

But after what the twat in charge of the NRA spouted today, I’ll bet that’s the way Trump and all the NRA and Trumps political mates , who have had as an A+ NRA supporter, say 3 million dollars in support.

All will agree.

Let’s turn our Schools into prison like structures, armed guards , metal detectors. Fine as long as my right to own an automatic weapon and a few thousand rounds of ammo is safe. Fucck the kids it’s all about the 2nd.

Have you tried walking into a your local primary school lately.

I do, on a daily basis, with my wife being a teacher of special needs children. Even though the reception staff know me in my role as a locksmith, and are on first name terms with me, I don't get past the mag locked inner doors, and I'm on recorded hi-def security cameras from the moment I walk up the path to the door... It's a good thing in my opinion.

They are reporting an armed deputy assigned to the school have resigned. Apparently he stayed in a 'defensive' position for 4-6 minutes until back up arrived. Standard procedure with active shooters is not to wait while people are being killed. If true, he is about to become a very hated man.