Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Mass Shootings in the US

I honestly don't understand why people bother arguing about gun control every time these things happen. It's not going to happen. A two hundred year old piece of paper written when them most deadly man portable weapon in the world was a Baker rifle or a Tower musket (or equivalent) overrules everything and the US has decided as a nation that dead children are more acceptable than suggesting changing that. That's their choice and they seem to be happy with it (while their kids are alive, obviously).

After seeing it all over the place this week though, anyone suggesting that this is because 'they' banned prayers in school or that teachers should be armed should be sterilised and any children they already have taken away for adoption for the good of the human race as a whole.
If as @SOCALSapper says it took a sitting of the Supreme Court to interpret its actual meaning, Which seems like it was at odds with the actual wording. Surely the 2 amendment isn't fit for purpose in this day and age and needs another amendment. I won't hold my breath.

OK its from FB, but makes a good point...
1518893764969.png

The Right to Keep and Bear Arms isn’t exclusively for defence against two legged critters.
There is a very real need for access to firearms for defence against four legged critters.
In predator free UK and most of mainland Europe, you wont bump into bears, cougars or coyotes in your garden.

Like I said earlier, you really should do some research into the reality of the situation before you start telling people how easy it would be to solve it.

So it’s because it’s a difficult problem to solve that they do nothing and killing children will continue.

Yes you’re right, my bad.

So it’s because it’s a difficult problem to solve that they do nothing and killing children will continue.

Yes you’re right, my bad.

How do you manage to sleep at night with evil handguns being legal for target shooting and self defence in Northern Ireland?

How do you manage to sleep at night with evil handguns being legal for target shooting and self defence in Northern Ireland?
Well you appear to cry yourself to sleep over allegedly being asked for id when buying a knife, something that you think is worse than a mass shooting apparently.

Honestly no. It never occurred to me that a grown up country didn’t register guns and gun ownership.

I thought that might have been the done thing, obviously not.
Everyday etc.
Well to make you feel warm and fuzzy inside, Canada abolished it’s long gun registry a while back. It was a endless money pit that proved pointless.