Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Mass Shootings in the US

you talked to two people who were carrying, in the UK, or could have been. By that measure, 100% of the population carrys weapons, or could do, if they so wished, i call your bollocks, and raise it to bullshit!
There must be so many people throughout your life who've called you a cock, I bet you still haven't a Scooby why it happens.

Do you not get the fact that the huge amount of legally owned firearms in the states is a menu for criminals to pick from?

Do you not get the fact that most firearms crime in the US is linked to the drugs trade? Do you not think the people that smuggle hundreds of tons of drugs into the US every year will happily smuggle a few tons of guns in if there is a market for them among the same people that are dealing their drugs for them?

That is in addition to hundreds of thousands of unregistered firearms already in the US. If you think making changes to the ability of law abiding people to legally own firearms will make the slightest difference to gun crime levels you are in for a very big surprise.

you talked to two people who were carrying, in the UK, or could have been. By that measure, 100% of the population carrys weapons, or could do, if they so wished, i call your bollocks, and raise it to bullshit!

You truly are clueless. There are 3,000 people in NI with personal protection weapon licenses. The two I spoke to today were a serving cop and a former soldier who now does contract work at PSNI stations. They both have PPWs and either of them could have been carrying them when I met them. I don't know for sure because I didn't feel the need to ask as I don't have an irrational fear of people carrying firearms.

Do you not get the fact that most firearms crime in the US is linked to the drugs trade? Do you not think the people that smuggle hundreds of tons of drugs into the US every year will happily smuggle a few tons of guns in if there is a market for them among the same people that are dealing their drugs for them?

That is in addition to hundreds of thousands of unregistered firearms already in the US. If you think making changes to the ability of law abiding people to legally own firearms will make the slightest difference to gun crime levels you are in for a very big surprise.
What’s the gun crime in the U.K.?
Times that by 6?

What is the Gun crime in Switzerland? Germany?
Why choose to die on the hill that USA gun laws are laughable, considering you live in one of the only places in the U.K. who have free and easy access to legal firearms, well some do, some dog them up, clean them and kill innocent people.

You truly are clueless. There are 3,000 people in NI with personal protection weapon licenses. The two I spoke to today were a serving cop and a former soldier who now does contract work at PSNI stations. They both have PPWs and either of them could have been carrying them when I met them. I don't know for sure because I didn't feel the need to ask as I don't have an irrational fear of people carrying firearms.
Read my posts again,MAINLAND Britian, The political and religious problems are perculier to that part of Ireland, and in no way impact or influence who carries firearms over here, especially in the areas where i have lived. In the same way people who live in the deep south of Ireland have no real interests on what has gone on in the north. A lot of rational, free thinking people dont give a pikeys toss about the daft bog trotters and their religious prejudices, and consequently really don't have any reason to carry firearms.

How many people on the streets of mainland Britain, out shopping, visiting relatives, in the pub, with their kids do you think walk about with guns? Ask the same question in Anytown America.
If you have ever been part of the problem in NI then you suffer from, and have to deal with the long term consequences of your involvement. Something that many many millions of rational British people do not.

Your world seems to be military and police, mine isn't, and hasn't been for 40 years. :salut:

Read my posts again,MAINLAND Britian, The political and religious problems are perculier to that part of Ireland, and in no way impact or influence who carries firearms over here, especially in the areas where i have lived. In the same way people who live in the deep south of Ireland have no real interests on what has gone on in the north. A lot of rational, free thinking people dont give a pikeys toss about the daft bog trotters and their religious prejudices, and consequently really don't have any reason to carry firearms.

How many people on the streets of mainland Britain, out shopping, visiting relatives, in the pub, with their kids do you think walk about with guns? Ask the same question in Anytown America.
If you have ever been part of the problem in NI then you suffer from, and have to deal with the long term consequences of your involvement. Something that many many millions of rational British people do not.

Your world seems to be military and police, mine isn't, and hasn't been for 40 years. :salut:

Yep, read your posts again. All of them still say 'UK', not 'Mainland Britian' (what is that by the way?). Lots of the people here with PPW licenses are not former Police or Military, we even give them to Shinners now!

Want a really scary thought? There are over 1.5 million shotgun licenses in the UK and another 0.5 million licenses for other firearms. Literally any car driving past you when you leave the house (if you leave the house) might have a firearm in it. You should definitely get back under the bed just in case.

Yep, read your posts again. All of them still say 'UK', not 'Mainland Britian' (what is that by the way?). Lots of the people here with PPW licenses are not former Police or Military, we even give them to Shinners now!

Want a really scary thought? There are over 1.5 million shotgun licenses in the UK and another 0.5 million licenses for other firearms. Literally any car driving past you when you leave the house (if you leave the house) might have a firearm in it. You should definitely get back under the bed just in case.
2 million firearms in a population of over 68 million, now compare the percentage of firearms per population in america, its frightening, more firearms that people.

What is the Black male population in those nations?

because the uncomfortable fact is in the US most of the homicides by firearm are done by Black males against other Black males
Undoubtably true, same about knife crime I suspect, societal problem, out of interest what’s the ratio for mass shootings?