Mass Shootings in the US

It's not about guns. It's about whether you are a man and entitled to defend yourself, your loved ones, and your community or whether you are a slave. Arguing the toss about statistics, whether or not an AR15 is a deadly assault weapon or a hunting rifle, or whether terribly civilized Britain that banned guns is so much better than those gun crazy yanks has got nothing to do with it. I worked in the US when I was younger, I don't remember walking down the streets pissing my pants worrying about a mass shooting.
Those of you who aren't prepared to carry a gun to defend yourself, and defend the right of a man to have a gun to defend himself and his family, are pussies and I piss on you. cnuts, Fannies, Trannies, and Girlyboys. You deserve to be bitchslapped to sleep every night by your boyfriend. I'm guessing that's what happens anyway.
Philippines one of the deadliest places in Asia my arse. Try living here, plenty of people do and they're not pissing their pants and begging the government to make them helpless.

How can making yourself defenseless make you safer. Of course it can't. Go back to drinking the Kool Aid.

What bemuses me is that I assumed ARRSErs would be soldiers or ex-soldiers and wouldn't be whining pussies like the average person who'd only seen a gun on TV. Admitedly I was in the Brit Army back at the tail end of the Cold War but I don't remember my mates being a bunch of pussies who would post the pish that's being posted here.
There there, feeling better?

You can't expect Americans to eat that foreign rubbish now can you? They'll demand American cheese (or "pasteurized pepared cheese product" as they put it)!

00021000619689_2dujs98do4gzjagz.jpg
There's some really good American cheese - just not as much variety (of the good stuff) in the big shops as you might see at a comparatively sized UK supermarket.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
According to Wiki (and my lazy Googling (first hit)). This counts as a Mass Shooting I believe:

No it would not and if it were then it would only be considered so by The Gun Violence Archive. They are a nonprofit research group, who defines a mass shooting as an incident in which four or more people are shot or killed, not including the shooter.

No it would not and if it were then it would only be considered so by The Gun Violence Archive. They are a nonprofit research group, who defines a mass shooting as an incident in which four or more people are shot or killed, not including the shooter.
Happy to accept your point/view.

As I stated in my post, it was one definition that popped up on wiki but other definitions as you mention will exist.

Either way, I am sure the definition of a mass shooting was the last thing on the mind of that family as they were gunned to death.

Edited for better grammar.

Happy to accept your point/view.

As I stated in my post, it was one definition that popped up on wiki but other definitions as you mention will exist.

Either way, I am sure the definition of a mass shooting was the last thing on the mind of that family as they were gunned to death.

Edited for better grammar.

I take your point, the thing is if you look up the definition of a mass shooting you will get a fair few different versions. As I stated above the "mass shooting" label was something the media latched onto and I confess it's easier to use when online.

Also in the past I've used it as an FBI definition again because it's what some folks thought and I just went along because one debate at the time was enough.

The thing is The FBI doesn't have and never has had a mass shooting definition. Instead, the FBI defines "mass murder" as an incident where four or more people are killed, which includes gun violence.

There's some really good American cheese - just not as much variety (of the good stuff) in the big shops as you might see at a comparatively sized UK supermarket.

Most of the supermarkets round here have two cheese sections. One is in the deli, where you can get pretty much any cheese you can think of, and another (usually the other side of the store), where they have the bulk packs and blocks. Fairly significant price/quality delta between the two.

Most of the supermarkets round here have two cheese sections. One is in the deli, where you can get pretty much any cheese you can think of, and another (usually the other side of the store), where they have the bulk packs and blocks. Fairly significant price/quality delta between the two.
I was happiest at the variety of fresh fruit that you could get - especially the Citrus (as I was in Florida).

I think my outlaws were bemused by my 'hunt for a Cosmic Crisp' when I was last over and seeing them - it's an apple that doesn't turn brown once cut, and tastes pretty blo*dy good.

I was happiest at the variety of fresh fruit that you could get - especially the Citrus (as I was in Florida).

I think my outlaws were bemused by my 'hunt for a Cosmic Crisp' when I was last over and seeing them - it's an apple that doesn't turn brown once cut, and tastes pretty blo*dy good.
So you were on a quest for an apple and the FIL didn’t quietly leave you for dead? They must like you or something.

So you were on a quest for an apple and the FIL didn’t quietly leave you for dead? They must like you or something.
Intrigued, more than anything I guess.

My FiL is actually a good bloke - one of those people who is either interested in everything, or interested in your interest in something - either way, it makes him pleasant to be around.

Intrigued, more than anything I guess.

My FiL is actually a good bloke - one of those people who is either interested in everything, or interested in your interest in something - either way, it makes him pleasant to be around.
Very nice, but he should attempt at least once or twice to leave you in the lurch just to clarify the FIL/SIL relationship. You are also honour bound to the do the same thing. If you don't it will just mean civility at Thanksgiving and Christmas time and the end of life as we know it.

Irony mate. It's a Brit thang.
Edit to add as a yankophile I am saddened every time I see a pointless gun act of violence. Something has to change, it's like an unwritten subtex to American culture now.

Fred it's been explained on here many times what needs to change mate. Unfortunately our politicians, just like the British politicians, haven't got the stomach for it and despite what anyone tells you mate, it's all about race and not upsetting certain ethnic minorities because that could cost them votes.

We hear nothing but sound bites and the latest buzz words from the trough dwellers because they are all too fecking busy chasing their own agendas.

P.S. Aye well being a Brit myself I do get irony, it's the hypocrisy and the lectures that get me.