Mass Shootings in the US

you can't hunt with them, you cant defend your house with them.

One of the nice things about AR-15s specifically is that they can have their calibres swapped out. The standard 5.56mm is too small to legally hunt things like deer or elk, but put a larger caliber upper on it like a 6.8 and you're sorted.

As for defending your house, what's better for the job? (Note also the construction materials most US houses are made of, and the existence of ammunition other than ball and AP for many rifle calibres)
I used to keep a mag of Winchester Frangible 5.56 for just such an eventuality.

But a pronghorn isn't really an antelope any more than a bison is a buffel.

You are correct! The Bison is not a buffel, for starters a Bison doesn't have wheels.

Last edited:

scoldog

On ROPS
On ROPs
Oh my you have forest fires, who would have thunk it…
We have bush fires.

One of the problems with an area burning down is that it pushes wildlife, especially snakes, into human areas. The 2019/2020 fires were particularly bad.

Last edited:
Great, New York is about to become the new Wild West, I guess Christmas has come early for Steamboat!

I didn't see a gaming PC under the tree this morning, you tease.

But hey it is a step in the right direction and turning New York back in America!
The screaming and wailing can be heard out here.

Thomas has been itching to write that opinion for a few years. I was waiting for the ruling not to see if the law would be overturned, as it was fairly obvious it would be, but more to see what sort of a smackdown he was going to give the lower courts, as he had indicated in the past that he wasn't happy with the directions they were going. He certainly gave them additional guidance. On the basis of past statements, I'm not surprised that Gorsuch joined him.

I also note they specifically mentioned the idea that "OK, you must have an objective licensing structure. But it must not be so overbearing with so many hoops and delays that it becomes unreasonable for the typical person", and also "No, you can't declare Manhattan to be a 'sensitive area'". Almost as if they've been paying attention to the realities on the ground.

Thomas has been itching to write that opinion for a few years. I was waiting for the ruling not to see if the law would be overturned, as it was fairly obvious it would be, but more to see what sort of a smackdown he was going to give the lower courts, as he had indicated in the past that he wasn't happy with the directions they were going. He certainly gave them additional guidance. On the basis of past statements, I'm not surprised that Gorsuch joined him.

I also note they specifically mentioned the idea that "OK, you must have an objective licensing structure. But it must not be so overbearing with so many hoops and delays that it becomes unreasonable for the typical person", and also "No, you can't declare Manhattan to be a 'sensitive area'". Almost as if they've been paying attention to the realities on the ground.
I think what was more interesting was the 6-3 vote, especially as the media made reference to the "conservative" judges voting for the decision. We don't have to go back too far in time to see the kerfuffle around nominees to the supreme court with one side doing everything they can to protest certain appointees and then crowing with glee on the latest because that judge was on the side of certain woke ideals (did we get an answer to what a woman is yet?)

This 6-3 decision, as opposed to a 5-4 decision, will be read by the Dems / Left that they still have a way to go in terms of getting a supreme court that will do what they want, which will either mean they douple their efforts to expand the court in order to get a margin they approve of, or even decide that they must ignore any decision because it is obviously written by bad people...

Great, New York is about to become the new Wild West, I guess Christmas has come early for Steamboat!

Asinine claim by you. This helps LEGAL Gun Owners who are discriminated against in the permit process. NYC regularly turns down permits for those who need them but celebs like trump and Howard Stern got full carry permits because of who they were not need. NYPD gave the owner of the New York Times who believes their is no right to firearms a permit. Meanwhile the bodega owner robber a dozen times cant even have a business permit.

Educate yourself

5JxAnNG.jpg

I think what was more interesting was the 6-3 vote, especially as the media made reference to the "conservative" judges voting for the decision. We don't have to go back too far in time to see the kerfuffle around nominees to the supreme court with one side doing everything they can to protest certain appointees and then crowing with glee on the latest because that judge was on the side of certain woke ideals (did we get an answer to what a woman is yet?)

This 6-3 decision, as opposed to a 5-4 decision, will be read by the Dems / Left that they still have a way to go in terms of getting a supreme court that will do what they want, which will either mean they douple their efforts to expand the court in order to get a margin they approve of, or even decide that they must ignore any decision because it is obviously written by bad people...
Same day an 8-1 decision on Voting rights in North Carolina. Sotomayor being the sole dissenter

Asinine claim by you. This helps LEGAL Gun Owners who are discriminated against in the permit process. NYC regularly turns down permits for those who need them but celebs like trump and Howard Stern got full carry permits because of who they were not need. NYPD gave the owner of the New York Times who believes their is no right to firearms a permit. Meanwhile the bodega owner robber a dozen times cant even have a business permit.

Educate yourself

View attachment 672481
EDIT Oh Nooooes bentobox's ass is upset

Latest Threads