Mass Shootings in the US

Moon clips are a lot more fiddly and prone to damage and take some practice to get right quickly.
Anyone can learn to eject and slam in a new mag in minutes.

Anyway, glad that I caught you. I've been chasing you for an answer but you keep ducking out of sight.

What do you suggest that American does to prevent these things happening? I'm not talking about reactive stuff like arming teachers (*chortle*) or surrounding schools with Hesco and guard towers, which have been you suggestions so far.

How do you stop children (the median age of school shooters is 16) from using assault weapons to massacre people?
Arm the school kids. One round each.
Choose wisely.

Moon clips are a lot more fiddly and prone to damage and take some practice to get right quickly.
Anyone can learn to eject and slam in a new mag in minutes.

Anyway, glad that I caught you. I've been chasing you for an answer but you keep ducking out of sight.

What do you suggest that American does to prevent these things happening? I'm not talking about reactive stuff like arming teachers (*chortle*) or surrounding schools with Hesco and guard towers, which have been you suggestions so far.

How do you stop children (the median age of school shooters is 16) from using assault weapons to massacre people?
Parent them, and secure your firearms from minors.
But that would require the new age B*llshit to be thrown out of the window and return to the Red Foreman style of raising.
A moon clip is still something that can be used rather quickly to reload a wheel gun.

Last edited:
A small minority can still have a massive impact on stats. Just look at Chicago.

No you don’t have a frontier tradition, but you do have the same problems we have.
Cuts to law enforcement, which lead to fewer officers on the streets and a spike in crime.
But if the society is a happer, more relaxed, more accepting, more law abiding society you don't need the numbers of cops in the first place! Your assumption that you need more cops is flawed, make society better and you could do with less.

More cops and a cowed society = police state, less cops and a less violent society = a more civilised state.
The difference is that you folks keep a heavy flashlight or cricket bat in the home, instead of the old fashioned .45 ACP. A small minority of you have 12 bores.
Yes, because we know that the criminal element around here is not going to invade our homes "tooled up with shooters"
What needs to be brought back to all schools is compulsory firearms education classes. Teach the kids and you take the mythos out firearms. It would also help parents with Hunter Safety requirements.
What needs to be brought back into schools is more emphasis on self discipline and accountability, and less time on "you're all oppressed because of whitey over there!"

Wed night, guy with extensive criminal record turned up at a graduation party in Charleston and started firing an AR15.

A legally armed woman in the crowd shot him dead before he hit anyone.
She didn't hit anyone else.

What a boring story.

Police: Woman with pistol killed man who shot at crowd of people in Charleston

Obviously we should ban women from being legally armed in public. /s
I would like to volunteer my memsahib as first to be banned from legally armed in public, she's bad enough when she gets shouty.....

Unfortunately this will be used as a justification for "well the good guy/gal with the gun saved the day, if everyone was armed we would have less people killing children", fortunately in this case the armed woman was able to get rounds on the target without killing anyone else. I would not trust the average member of public to be so effective.

But if the society is a happer, more relaxed, more accepting, more law abiding society you don't need the numbers of cops in the first place! Your assumption that you need more cops is flawed, make society better and you could do with less.

More cops and a cowed society = police state, less cops and a less violent society = a more civilised state.

Yes, because we know that the criminal element around here is not going to invade our homes "tooled up with shooters"

What needs to be brought back into schools is more emphasis on self discipline and accountability, and less time on "you're all oppressed because of whitey over there!"
Fewer officers on the streets crime goes up.
The UK is an example of that, why would you need to beef up your police force if the island is a Utopia?

Sasha Johnson was what then?
London has had a spate of shootings over the last few days.

Discipline I will agree with, but also firearms education.

But that would require the new age B*llshit to be thrown out of the window and return to the George Foreman style of raising.
A moon clip is still something that can be used rather quickly to reload a wheel gun.
Do you mean a speed loader ?
To me, a half moon clip is a flat crescent shaped plate which clips into the cannelure of a rimless cartridge case, and allows you to use a rimless pistol round in a revolver of comparable calibre.

Stig991

Clanker
Fewer officers on the streets crime goes up.
The UK is an example of that, why would you need to beef up your police force if the island is a Utopia?

Sasha Johnson was what then?
London has had a spate of shootings over the last few days.

Discipline I will agree with, but also firearms education.
No the UK isn't an example of that; it has 150,000 police officers.

There has been no spate of shootings in London.

The island is certainly a utopia compared to the USA, correct.

Hope you feel better, having been told by a smarter person than you.

It seems you might not up to snuff with the news.

Yet you are looking to recruit another 20,000 bodies in the police force.

1653700377141.jpeg

Utopia.

Bwahahaaaaaaaa!

Get out much?

It seems you might not up to snuff with the news.

Yet you are looking to recruit another 20,000 bodies in the police force.

View attachment 666084
20,000 extras do not mean the world is coming to an end and there is mayhem on the streets. 20,000 extra could mean "we see higher than usual attrition rates in the next few years, so we are planning ahead".

Four shootings in London means that some areas may be experiencing a spate of gang related killings, shooting and stabbing could be taken to indicate a targetted hit on an individual rather than a random "what you looking at?" crime, either way it is still way behind a usual weekend in some US cities.

If this is your attempt to point the finger at the UK to deflect attention from the US, it's not very convincing....

20,000 extras do not mean the world is coming to an end and there is mayhem on the streets. 20,000 extra could mean "we see higher than usual attrition rates in the next few years, so we are planning ahead".

Four shootings in London means that some areas may be experiencing a spate of gang related killings, shooting and stabbing could be taken to indicate a targetted hit on an individual rather than a random "what you looking at?" crime, either way it is still way behind a usual weekend in some US cities.

If this is your attempt to point the finger at the UK to deflect attention from the US, it's not very convincing....
It was an answer to a prior post.

20,000 means a prior government cut to much. I believe that would have been May.

Four shootings in a short time frame is a bit unusual for you folks.

But that would require the new age B*llshit to be thrown out of the window and return to the George Foreman style of raising.
Oh I would certainly jail the parents of underage shooters for the same stretch as the son receives (or would have received) but you know as well as I do that the days of authoritarian parenting are, mostly, gone - I am not condoning the change.

However, and it will take a very long time, I don't think that it would do any harm for America to move away from the notion that a gun is a necessity. As I have said above, I am a gun owner and I love to play with them as much as the next redneck but I certainly think that aspects of your gun culture, such as open carry and widespread ownership of semi-automatic / automatic weapons should be dialled back.

Oh I would certainly jail the parents of underage shooters for the same stretch as the son receives (or would have received) but you know as well as I do that the days of authoritarian parenting are, mostly, gone - I am not condoning the change.

However, and it will take a very long time, I don't think that it would do any harm for America to move away from the notion that a gun is a necessity. As I have said above, I am a gun owner and I love to play with them as much as the next redneck but I certainly think that aspects of your gun culture, such as open carry and widespread ownership of semi-automatic / automatic weapons should be dialled back.
You folks really need to come to terms with US laws regarding the ownership and possession of fully automatic weapons over here.

Semi automatic weapons are here to stay. They are like any other tool, and are quite useful. Perhaps one day you might understand that when you use them for more then just entertainment.

You folks really need to come to terms with US laws regarding the ownership and possession of fully automatic weapons over here.

Semi automatic weapons are here to stay. They are like any other tool, and are quite useful. Perhaps one day you might understand that when you use them for more then just entertainment.
I've thought for several minutes how to respond to that.
The best I can come up with, is that mass shootings of the most innocent in society is an acceptable part of American gun culture.
Tragic.

I've thought for several minutes how to respond to that.
The best I can come up with, is that mass shootings of the most innocent in society is an acceptable part of American gun culture.
Tragic.
I think you are correct.
it would be lost on the septics but I’m put in mind of the Manic street preachers song.
If you Tolerate this, Then your Children will be next.
As distraction i would now expect a lot more “ security” at schools.
Patrick Keilty and his wife Cat Deeley are returning to work in Blighty and a big part of their deciding to do so was the regular armed intruder drills and other security measures were frightening their young kids to the extent that they thought “ bugger we don’t need this”
( and this from a man who grew up in “ the troubles” and had close relatives shot.

I think you are correct.
it would be lost on the septics but I’m put in mind of the Manic street preachers song.
If you Tolerate this, Then your Children will be next.
As distraction i would now expect a lot more “ security” at schools.
Patrick Keilty and his wife Cat Deeley are returning to work in Blighty and a big part of their deciding to do so was the regular armed intruder drills and other security measures were frightening their young kids to the extent that they thought “ bugger we don’t need this”
( and this from a man who grew up in “ the troubles” and had close relatives shot.
I was about to nip over and recommend Cat Deeley to the "MILFS you would thread.." but after reviewing the pictures....... perhaps not.

Latest Threads