Mass Shootings in the US

goodoldboy

MIA
Book Reviewer
Would be one of the funniest and most ridiculous things ever written on Arrse were we not currently all ankle deep in the blood of the children you and your ilk are complicit in allowing to be shed
Someone called you a 'communist' and then called you 'son'. My, my does he really know you that well?

Oh come on.

You know!

When Moses came down off Mount Sinai and brought the gift of AR rifles.

Duh!
Oh The 11th Commandment
‘Thou Shalt Lock And Load And Bust A Cap In Your Neighbours Ass* If He Offendeth Thee’

* This usually taken as being any beast of burden, the scriptures are a bit unclear on this subject.

Would be one of the funniest and most ridiculous things ever written on Arrse were we not currently all ankle deep in the blood of the children you and your ilk are complicit in allowing to be shed
Oh you drama queen....

4c6fb854870c3511b554faca67087cd4.jpg

oscar.jpg

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
The defund the police types have only ensured more firearms are in circulation. Self defense is a natural right and most people believe in the concept of self preservation.
Correct.

In fairness, I have to say that if I lived in a DTP state, I'd be tooled up as well.

The reason he shot up a school is because he was able to just go out and purchase guns 'n ammo
As opposed to a Settler with his Government issued UZI clearing his god given land of Palestinian children, adults, goats?

Correct.

In fairness, I have to say that if I lived in a DTP state, I'd be tooled up as well.
Which is what tends to happen when LE is unable to perform their function effectively.
Not that our fellow posters understand that concept. If only they could be taken to places where the LE presence is minimal and response times are rather lengthy. Will see how long they can hold their noses in the air when they actually have to fend for themselves.

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
I think you'll find very few British gun owners from '96 that will recognise that as an accurate depiction of the reaction to the Dunblane massacre. The hysterical kneejerk response orchestrated by the Labour-supported Snowdrop bandwagon Petition at the fag-end of a very weak Tory government resulted in the wholesale stripping of rights from British shooters, whilst leaving gaping holes in the legislation which would still allow those unsuitable to get a gun if the wished.

I have no problem as a FAC holder and regular shooter in abiding by whatever legislation is put in place to allow me to shoot, but to pretend that the dog & pony goatfcuk following Dunblane was anything but a rushed and botched over-reaction is pure fiction.

For the record, I don't like AR-style rifles. Just a personal thing, I prefer Lee Enfields.

Well, I never owned a gun, so didn't affect me in the slightest. Of course gun-owners were going to be upset, but I don't remember widespread marches on Parliament. Happy to be corrected.

For the record, I love shooting. The times on the ranges when I wore green were the happiest I spent in the army. If I lived in America, I'd probably have half a dozen guns and would be teaching my children to shoot.

I think that for most non-gun owners, the tragedy at Dunblane was too shocking. Sometimes the needs of the few are outweighed by the greater good.

I know that there have been shootings since, Derek Bird springs to mind, but I think about the yoofs of London and muslim extremists and I'm pretty happy with giving up any claim on gun ownership I may've had.

Think about how bad Manchester Arena would've been if the perpetrator had an RPK and a couple of drums of ammo.

The reason he shot up a school is because he was able to just go out and purchase guns 'n ammo
The reason he shot up a school is because he is a demented asshole.

He could have done a Tim McVeigh with a homemade bomb, or waited till school was out with a SUV and ran into the children.

He could have set the school on fire after blocking exits

all easy to do with recipes on the internet

He exhibited bizarre mental behavior and NO one reported it because HIPPA privacy laws make doctors and officials scared of lawsuits.

He apparently showed up one day after slashing his own face multiple times with a butcher knife and no one thought to call police then.

His social media accounts will provide some answers.
If he has parents, one would like to know what they doing.
But two AR’s I one single day with optics and ammo is not cheap.
Perhaps it is time to limit certain firearm purchases to one for a certain time period, so people like this guy can’t stockpile an arsenal in a matter of days.
You need to restrict ammunition as well. With your logic, this tragedy could have been avoided/mitigated if people were only allowed to buy 20 rounds at a time. An excellent idea, guaranteed to work.

You need to restrict ammunition as well. With your logic, this tragedy could have been avoided/mitigated if people were only allowed to buy 20 rounds at a time. An excellent idea, guaranteed to work.
What if I want to buy multiple calibers and gauges at the same time because Cabela’s is having an ammo sale? Buying in bulk tends to be cheaper.

EXCEPT it is easy to reload your own ammunition, as millions do

Not to mention the fact that adding more legislation will do little to nothing to address criminals using firearms, merely target the law abiding. It may put a damper on the yahoo element somewhat, but the majority who are not the problem will be most affected by the legislation. It still won't address mental health and other issues which more liberal authorities are carefully sidestepping in the interest of yoomin rites.

There is already legislation in place re mental health patients, felons and so on having access to firearms. It appears they have problems enforcing that legislation, so how will more legislation change things?.
So it is only criminals that carry out school shootings? This would not appear to be the case unless the media is very ill-informed.

EXCEPT it is easy to reload your own ammunition, as millions do

Just as an FYI: There are countries where you have to do a reloading course, and receive a licence, before being allowed to buy explosive components such as reloading powder, black powder and primers. It stops people double charging loads, teaches them the reloading process, safety in materials storage, and safe handling of components.