Mass Shootings in the US

There is nothing wrong with that, lecturing us to change our laws to suit your citizens views is not going to happen and you should understand that.
Not lecturing - at worst, suggesting.
Also under standing that we are 5.5 times larger @ 333 Million + than your nations population @ 66 Million means we have larger amounts of crimes
The figures were per 100,000 population - ie proportional.

Mickey West

Old-Salt

That's just a couple from the last month or so. Allow me to suggest that you concern yourselves with your own shooting and knifing murder rates and we'll do the same.
Are you lot deliberately obtuse or just dense? Do you recognise a difference between legal and illegally held weapons?

Only a mild understanding - and less so of mid-America. Some people are admittedly over-zealous, however I think the thing that gets me is the apparent lack of concern / action every time something happens. There appears to be little desire to attempt to solve the problem; it's just accepted like night turning to day.

That may sound a little hyperbolic, (not intended in that manner) - but I'm sure that if a school shooting happened at your kids' school then you would want it looking into / measures being put in place to prevent it happening again - so why not roll something out nationally to try and prevent it before the fact? The whole 'just accept it' doesn't really sit comfortably with me when it happens so frequently. I don't want it to be particularly more difficult for 'normal' Americans to get guns - but I do think that there should be a cross-party review of firearms ownership.
The problem is that one parties solution is to simply burn the Constitution itself. We have created solutions in our neck of the woods but they seem to set even more people off. Like arming teachers in schools who can deal with the threat of an active shooter immediately instead of waiting for LE to arrive. Instead of accepting these ideas we have some members who shriek that teachers are incapable of using a pistol to defend their charges. Coming from an area where firearms ownership and proficiency is the norm for most residents, it is quite easy to tune people out who think they know better.

Mental health is an issue and the lack of common sense in some individuals. The parents of the Oxford shooter are a prime example. Buying a 14 year old a handgun is a huge no no. My old man would have never done anything like that, a shotgun or a rifle yes. But we were always supervised with firearms and not allowed to remove them from the house or gun cabinet without his supervision.

The other massive part of the problem is that institutions are to afraid to label people as just crazy who need mental health. Many of our current school shooters who post this stuff on social media would have been removed from the school 20 plus years ago. But we have gone to pc and are afraid to go back to the old ways of doing business.

Mickey West

Old-Salt
Just to point out, the support for stricter gun laws is fairly low. It will continue to crater as long as the woke crime wave continues.

Your argument will be ignored as it only sounds like the ranting of an authoritarian, who is out of touch.
I don’t really give a toss what happens with US gun law to be honest. I’m just highly amused by the bizarre and hysterical antics of the pro gun lobby and the broken brained rednecks who get off on all things gun related. Just weird.

Mickey West

Old-Salt
The problem is that one parties solution is to simply burn the Constitution itself. We have created solutions in our neck of the woods but they seem to set even more people off. Like arming teachers in schools who can deal with the threat of an active shooter immediately instead of waiting for LE to arrive. Instead of accepting these ideas we have some members who shriek that teachers are incapable of using a pistol to defend their charges. Coming from an area where firearms ownership and proficiency is the norm for most residents, it is quite easy to tune people out who think they know better.

Mental health is an issue and the lack of common sense in some individuals. The parents of the Oxford shooter are a prime example. Buying a 14 year old a handgun is a huge no no. My old man would have never done anything like that, a shotgun or a rifle yes. But we were always supervised with firearms and not allowed to remove them from the house or gun cabinet without his supervision.

The other massive part of the problem is that institutions are to afraid to label people as just crazy who need mental health. Many of our current school shooters who post this stuff on social media would have been removed from the school 20 plus years ago. But we have gone to pc and are afraid to go back to the old ways of doing business.
‘Arming teachers’??? FFS. What are smoking?

Funny though how we don’t get school shootings in the UK. Or indeed Australia. Or New Zealand. I put it down to the fact that we arm our teachers in the UK and have armed security guards.

Oh, wait:

View attachment 621152
to dispute your memes facts

Just Australia for now
October 8th, 1999
Wright St Bikie murders mass shooting by aussie hells angels bikers

October 21st, 2002
Monash University mass shooting by Huan Yun "Allen" Xiang.

March 20th, 2005
Oakhampton Heights Mass Shooting

April 29th, 2011
Hectorville siege mass shooting by Anthony Carbo

September 9th, 2014
Hunt family mass shooting by Geoff Hunt

October 23rd, 2014
Wedderburn Mass shooting

October 2nd , 2015
Parramatta mass shooting on New South Wales police

January 4th, 2016
Port Lincoln Mass shooting

June 5th, 2017
Brighton Melbourne mass shooting

May 11th, 2018
Osmington mass shooting

July 5th, 2018
West Pennant hills mass shooting

March 1st, 2019
Melbourne mass shooting

June 4th, 2019
Darwin mass shooting

April 19th, 2019
Melbourne night club mass shooting

Funny though how we don’t get school shootings in the UK. Or indeed Australia. Or New Zealand. I put it down to the fact that we arm our teachers in the UK and have armed security guards.

Oh, wait:

View attachment 621152
UK since Dunblane

June 2nd, 2010
Cumbria mass shooting

August 12th, 2021
Keyham, Plymouth mass shooting

HIPPA laws have also apparently kept authorities from reporting mental adjudications as violations of privacy

Seriously, you really want to compare US and UK murder rates?

Murders with firearms 14
Ranked 39th.
Ranked 4th. 669 times more than United Kingdom
Murders with firearms per million 0.236
Ranked 44th.
Ranked 10th. 138 times more than United Kingdom

Nope I'm not comparing anything mate. Just saying I reckon you need to look take care of your own crime over there before criticizing any other country.

Gone2ratshat

War Hero
to dispute your memes facts

Just Australia for now
October 8th, 1999
Wright St Bikie murders mass shooting by aussie hells angels bikers

October 21st, 2002
Monash University mass shooting by Huan Yun "Allen" Xiang.

March 20th, 2005
Oakhampton Heights Mass Shooting

April 29th, 2011
Hectorville siege mass shooting by Anthony Carbo

September 9th, 2014
Hunt family mass shooting by Geoff Hunt

October 23rd, 2014
Wedderburn Mass shooting

October 2nd , 2015
Parramatta mass shooting on New South Wales police

January 4th, 2016
Port Lincoln Mass shooting

June 5th, 2017
Brighton Melbourne mass shooting

May 11th, 2018
Osmington mass shooting

July 5th, 2018
West Pennant hills mass shooting

March 1st, 2019
Melbourne mass shooting

June 4th, 2019
Darwin mass shooting

April 19th, 2019
Melbourne night club mass shooting
None of those were mass shootings by American standards .

I don’t really give a toss what happens with US gun law to be honest

For someone that doesn't give a toss you sure have a lot to say about the US for someone that hasn't been on here very long.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Nope I'm not comparing anything mate. Just saying I reckon you need to look take care of your own crime over there before criticizing any other country.
I'm much happier with our rate, than if I lived there, mate. It's still too high naturally, but it's a lot better.

None of those were mass shootings by American standards .
Yes actually they were by US standards

In 2013, Congress defined mass killing as a single incident that leaves three or more people dead (Pub. L. 112-265, 2013)

‘Arming teachers’??? FFS. What are smoking?
In Steamy's imagination elementary school would look something like this:

MV5BMjEyNzMzMTUzNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTUyNDMyNA@@._V1_.jpg

Latest Threads