Mass Shootings in the US

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
The silent majority? Hopefully you're right and they're indeed in the majority.

Pity the signal to noise ratio makes them appear to be a minority.

@Cuts There isn't enough booze on the planet to get me that pissed, sugartits.
"Sugartits" ?
When shooting you don't even flinch like Mel Gibson.

Eyes_Right

Old-Salt
One would be hard pressed to claim that's the sole territory of Septic firearms owners.

Not really.

The cultural practice of slaughtering one's fellow citizens with privately held firearms, preferably those of school age, is a peculiarly American one. Of course there are instances of largely copycat shootings in other countries, but the relentless and unending series of mass shootings is very much owned by the USA.

These are roughly 40,000 firearm related deaths in the US each year, of which about 25,000 are suicides (yes, you read that right) and the remaining 15,000 are homicides. There are more than 380 million firearms in circulation for a population of 330 million, but those weapons are owned by roughly 20% of the people - i.e gun owners usually own many guns, not just one.

That just says you are never going to be able to put the genie back in the bottle. The majority of gun owners do not commit mass murder, and have good reasons to be able to own a firearm. The hard questions about the types of weapons available and accurate numbers of just who owns the weapons are prohibited from being asked by Federal law - that's the power of political lobbying.

If we assume that losing the odd class of kindergartners or high school kids to preventable slaughter every semester or so is an acceptable price to pay for our freedoms, then we are pretty much getting everything we deserve as a society.

P.S. The gun lobby (often but not only the NRA) has a masturbatory spoogefest whenever a mass shooting can be explained away by something that doesn't affect their power and influence in selling more weapons. This is about to happen with the Crumbleys (parents of the latest school shooter). The case is rapidly building that they are responsible because they bought the kid a gun and then didn't keep it secure. The entire premise of owning a weapon is that it is ready and available when you need to use it. How can I keep wanking myself to sleep every night thinking about shooting a black burglar if my Glock is in a locked cabinet FFS! No, it needs to be loaded and ready, just next to the TV remote.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Not really.

The cultural practice of slaughtering one's fellow citizens with privately held firearms, preferably those of school age, is a peculiarly American one. Of course there are instances of largely copycat shootings in other countries, but the relentless and unending series of mass shootings is very much owned by the USA.

These are roughly 40,000 firearm related deaths in the US each year, of which about 25,000 are suicides (yes, you read that right) and the remaining 15,000 are homicides. There are more than 380 million firearms in circulation for a population of 330 million, but those weapons are owned by roughly 20% of the people - i.e gun owners usually own many guns, not just one.

That just says you are never going to be able to put the genie back in the bottle. The majority of gun owners do not commit mass murder, and have good reasons to be able to own a firearm. The hard questions about the types of weapons available and accurate numbers of just who owns the weapons are prohibited from being asked by Federal law - that's the power of political lobbying.

If we assume that losing the odd class of kindergartners or high school kids to preventable slaughter every semester or so is an acceptable price to pay for our freedoms, then we are pretty much getting everything we deserve as a society.

P.S. The gun lobby (often but not only the NRA) has a masturbatory spoogefest whenever a mass shooting can be explained away by something that doesn't affect their power and influence in selling more weapons. This is about to happen with the Crumbleys (parents of the latest school shooter). The case is rapidly building that they are responsible because they bought the kid a gun and then didn't keep it secure. The entire premise of owning a weapon is that it is ready and available when you need to use it. How can I keep wanking myself to sleep every night thinking about shooting a black burglar if my Glock is in a locked cabinet FFS! No, it needs to be loaded and ready, just next to the TV remote.
You connect sex with firearms a lot.

You should tell your therapist before something goes badly wrong.

Nomad1382

War Hero
These are roughly 40,000 firearm related deaths in the US each year, of which about 25,000 are suicides (yes, you read that right) and the remaining 15,000 are homicides.

Your stats are off. According to the FBI's Uniform Crime Report in 2019 (the last year statistics are available) there were a total 16,425 homicides in the United States, 10,258 by firearms.

Centre for Disease Control stats for firearms fatalities in USA 2019 seem to be at odds with your FBI figures.

38355 total
23941 suicide
14414 homicide (total homicides all means 19141)
Plus about 1000 accidents

Nomad1382

War Hero
I've had this argument before on here. The FBI stats do not include suicides and negligent homicides. CDC has an anti-gun axe to grind, the FBI is doing what it does best, gather information/statistics.

The silent majority? Hopefully you're right and they're indeed in the majority.

Pity the signal to noise ratio makes them appear to be a minority.

@Cuts There isn't enough booze on the planet to get me that pissed, sugartits.

The thing is Lardy ma lad, the domestic terrorist label can just about cover anything. Any sign of any type of protest no matter how peaceful from the Right, you can bet your last dollar that the antifa crowd will show up, they'll start attacking and rioting and I fecking well bet you any amount the media will be screaming about how it's the fault of the right wing extremists who, until antifa showed up, were protesting peacefully.

It's not just the politicians people are fed up with, the media and social media are more than happy to stir the brown smelly stuff as well and folks are getting fecked off with biased reporting. The same kind of reporting we saw during the Rittenhouse investigation and susequent trial.

The thing is Lardy ma lad, the domestic terrorist label can just about cover anything. Any sign of any type of protest no matter how peaceful from the Right, you can bet your last dollar that the antifa crowd will show up, they'll start attacking and rioting and I fecking well bet you any amount the media will be screaming about how it's the fault of the right wing extremists who, until antifa showed up, were protesting peacefully.

It's not just the politicians people are fed up with, the media and social media are more than happy to stir the brown smelly stuff as well and folks are getting fecked off with biased reporting. The same kind of reporting we saw during the Rittenhouse investigation and susequent trial.
Spot on sir.

The point at which Rittenhouse gets a free pass for deliberately putting himself in harm's way to excuse shooting black folk.

A rule either applies to all or it isn't a rule.
Did he shoot any Black people in addition to the three white men he shot?

Certainly no mention of that in the media

Perzackerley! The MSM agenda is distinctly slanted in favour of the very people who would destroy them given half a chance. Can't see antifa and blm leaving in place anything that has the ability to point out their failings or criticise them in any way if ever they get the upper hand. That's not how Marxism works.

It's fortunate for the strident left that the silent majority tend to be generally law abiding.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
It was. They knew. They provided the weapon. They refused to remove him from school. They ran.

Got any more gems of your wisdom to spout off on?

Thought not.

Dumbass.
Bless
missed-the-point.gif

Eyes_Right

Old-Salt
Centre for Disease Control stats for firearms fatalities in USA 2019 seem to be at odds with your FBI figures.

38355 total
23941 suicide
14414 homicide (total homicides all means 19141)
Plus about 1000 accidents

Do you see what is actually happening when you argue that it wasn’t 40,000 deaths, it was only 38,355?

You really need to calm down, shitlips! Your man Schitterhouse is a complete wuss and welp! What he wanted to do was to accomplish something that would establish him (in his eyes) as a "real man". He turned up loaded for bear and was just looking for an opportunity to gun someone down and be regarded as a "hero",

The kid's a fückin' nut-job if you ask me. He should get life in jail.

MsG

Well theres a comment thats aged well, by our very own international drugs dealing art forging , firearms expert and liguistic genious extordanaire. For his next on target verdict Bugsy reveals why Martin Luther King is a white supremacist and how Robbie Sands battled and beat Bulimia

Latest Threads