Mass Shootings in the US

You don't seem to understand the right to say no.
On the contrary. We saw it in action at the last Presidential election, when millions more Americans said no to your preferred agenda than said yes.

It was a splendid illustration of the value of 'No.'

On the contrary. We saw it in action at the last Presidential election, when millions more Americans said no to your preferred agenda than said yes.

It was a splendid illustration of the value of 'No.'
Biden ran as centrist, and promised to maintain the statues quo which was quite nice. Now that Biden has fibbed and unleashed an agenda the masses don't want buyers remorse is kicking in. So MAGA is far from dead and looks to be making a comeback over the next few elections.

Biden ran as centrist, and promised to maintain the statues quo which was quite nice.
Apart from the manifesto promises which you've been slating him for attempting to deliver, of course.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Biden does not have a mandate to implement the current agenda that is being rejected by the nation. He was elected as a caretaker nothing less and nothing more.
So Biden was not actually elected legitimate president through a free election then? Come on Steamy. Go that one tiny step further and tell us that Biden stole the election using Italian satellites or whatever other bat shit insane theory it is you believe in that "proves" that Biden isn't actually just as much the legitimate president as Trump was.

So Biden was not actually elected legitimate president through a free election then? Come on Steamy. Go that one tiny step further and tell us that Biden stole the election using Italian satellites or whatever other bat shit insane theory it is you believe in that "proves" that Biden isn't actually just as much the legitimate president as Trump was.
You seem to fail to grasp what a mandate is and is not. If you think that Biden does have a mandate to implement radical change then I am afraid you are mistaken. Besides the rest of the GOP is determined to make the man a half term president as it stands. Republicans seem to be pretty united in detesting the man and the progressive wing of his party.

You seem to fail to grasp what a mandate is and is not. If you think that Biden does have a mandate to implement radical change then I am afraid you are mistaken. Besides the rest of the GOP is determined to make the man a half term president as it stands. Republicans seem to be pretty united in detesting the man and the progressive wing of his party.
Once again, you are wrong.

Biden certainly does have a mandate (if you don't believe me, look up the meaning of the words you like to use).

What he doesn't have is a majority in one of the houses of government.

My advice to you is to stop trying so desperately to look clever.

Here's a clue.
Armed insurrectionists who try and hijack the elected government by force are traitors.
End of.

Here's clue for you. To date, out of the 521 people charged, no one has been charged with treason.

Now away with you and give your head a shake you wibbling racist idiot.

Once again, you are wrong.

Biden certainly does have a mandate (if you don't believe me, look up the meaning of the words you like to use).

What he doesn't have is a majority in one of the houses of government.

My advice to you is to stop trying so desperately to look clever.
He doesn't even have his party unified to pass his ambitious agenda. A tie senate, and a 5 rep advantage does not equate to having a political mandate to implement radical reform old bean. It does show however that the country was in favor of divided government that can't do SFA. Try to keep up Draz.

He doesn't even have his party unified to pass his ambitious agenda. A tie senate, and a 5 rep advantage does not equate to having a political mandate to implement radical reform old bean. It does show however that the country was in favor of divided government that can't do SFA. Try to keep up Draz.
That's not what "mandate" means. Please stop shifting goalposts.

That's not what "mandate" means. Please stop shifting goalposts.
This is not the UK where 50.5 percent has full control to do whatever they want. Learn to read the tea leaves. If a party does not have 60 votes in the Senate legislation can't be passed unless the filibuster is nuked. The Executive branch has only so much power in domestic affairs to do certain things. If Biden had a mandate he would have 60 senators and at least 300 representatives in the House who were Democrats. He has divided government which means the public voted for bipartisanship from a Centrist not Europe Light.

This is not the UK where 50.5 percent has full control to do whatever they want. Learn to read the tea leaves. If a party does not have 60 votes in the Senate legislation can't be passed unless the filibuster is nuked. The Executive branch has only so much power in domestic affairs to do certain things. If Biden had a mandate he would have 60 senators and at least 300 representatives in the House who were Democrats. He has divided government which means the public voted for bipartisanship from a Centrist not Europe Light.
Still not read what the word means then, or is it a case that your Republican dictionary has the wrong definition, the same as it confuses the meanings of Republic and Democracy?

Still not read what the word means then, or is it a case that your Republican dictionary has the wrong definition, the same as it confuses the meanings of Republic and Democracy?
You seem confused about how things work in this part of the world. Let me hold your hand and take you on a journey.

Our form of governance protects all of the citizens who live in it. It protects me from the tyranny of the majority and it protects people like you from becoming an endangered species.

You seem confused about how things work in this part of the world. Let me hold your hand and take you on a journey.

Our form of governance protects all of the citizens who live in it. It protects me from the tyranny of the majority and it protects people like you from becoming an endangered species.
Yes, I know. You copied it off our system, simpleton - having a written constitution doesn't actually make any real difference to how the system works.

Yes, I know. You copied it off our system, simpleton - having a written constitution doesn't actually make any real difference to how the system works.
The Constitution was influenced by the Magna Carter and the English Bill of Rights, not copied verbatim old son. But the Constitution was also strongly influenced by the state declaration of rights that arose from the failures of your Constitutional Monarchy.

Drazyl, your post there reminded me of something I thought about years ago and so I went to the library and looked things up*

Both the Magna Carta of 1215 and The United States Bill of Rights and the US Constitution came about through insurrection, rebellion and war.

In England they had the rebellious Barons who renounced their fealty to King John and rebelled which led to the creation of Magna Carta. Then there was the colonists who rebelled against the British crown, out of that came The Bill of Rights and the U.S. Constitution.

Not looking to score points mate, I just thought it an interesting point is all.

* Before the days of the internet.

If you want to argue that you don't like the way that Biden is running the country and that you hope his party gets voted out at the next election, fine, that's a legitimate argument and normal mainstream politics.

What makes you sound like a fruit loop is where you waffle about almost but not quite joining in with the other nutters who stormed the legislature in Washington.

You lost the vote. Suck it up and perhaps look into what you can do to help the party you do support.

Latest Threads