Mass Shootings in the US

Florida again.

'A man fatally shot a woman and a child inside a Florida supermarket Thursday before killing himself, authorities said, causing dozens to flee the store in panic.

'The shooting happened shortly after 11:30 a.m. at a Publix located in a strip mall that also houses small shops and restaurants.

'Detectives are reviewing security video and talking to witnesses, said Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Teri Barbera. She said investigators believe the shooter and the victims may have known each other. No names have been released.'

Jesus H christ....i am so glad i live in the UK.

Just another weekend in the land of the polite society. I wonder if there was alcohol involved?

'A suspect is on the loose following a mass shooting that has left 13 people injured on a street famous for its nightlife in Austin, Texas.

'The attack began shortly before 1:30am local time (7:30am BST) on Saturday along 6th Street in downtown Austin. Police said two of the victims are in a critical condition but there have been no deaths so far.

'The city's iconic entertainment district is home to plenty of bars, restaurants and music venues. Police Chief Joseph Chacon said the street had been barricaded to keep out vehicles at the time of the shooting. It is currently unclear what sparked the shooting or how many attackers were involved, however there has been one suspect described to officers.

'One of those injured was taken to an urgent care facility with gunshot wounds, the police chief added. 11 of the victims were taken to a local hospital while the other was taken to a separate hospital.

"Our officers responded very quickly," Mr Chacon said. "They were able to immediately begin life-saving measures for many of these patients, including applications of tourniquets, applications of chest seals." He added that some officers drove patients to hospital in their police cars due to the nature of the scene. Mr Chacon explained that it was difficult to get ambulances to those who needed them as a crowd, which was difficult to contain, had gathered where the attack took place.

'The suspect, believed to be a man, remains at large but the description given to police was "not very detailed".'

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
@SkippedOnce
Do you scan US news feeds for these incidents or do you have an alert on shootings ?

@SkippedOnce
Do you scan US news feeds for these incidents or do you have an alert on shootings ?

No, and if you took the time to look at the article above, you'd see it comes for a UK media outlet anyway.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
No, and if you took the time to look at the article above, you'd see it comes for a UK media outlet anyway.
Chill, it's just that many, if not most, of these incidents are posted by you, so I wondered if you had them flagged.

And yes, that particular article was from a UK source but many are from US ones.

Cromarty

War Hero
Chill, it's just that many, if not most, of these incidents are posted by you, so I wondered if you had them flagged.

And yes, that particular article was from a UK source but many are from US ones.

So you have nothing to say about the shootings just about who posts that they happen. Typical deflect, deny or downplay tactic.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
So you have nothing to say about the shootings just about who posts that they happen. Typical deflect, deny or downplay tactic.
It was a request for information as to how another poster gets so much gen on one particulat type of news.
Had it been in the Russian troop movements or RFA new builds threads I could have asked the same question.

If you know the answer you could answer my question, or are you just spoiling for an argument ?

The truth is, awful though these events are the majority of the US public don’t really care enough to enact a seismic political change on guns. Though there are lots of shootings, and tragic deaths there just aren’t enough yet.

Cromarty

War Hero
The truth is, awful though these events are the majority of the US public don’t really care enough to enact a seismic political change on guns. Though there are lots of shootings, and tragic deaths there just aren’t enough yet.

More than one a day, on average, isn't enough? 610 mass shootings in 2020.

RaiderBoat

Old-Salt
Lots of those are gang related involving The Class Which Shall Not Be Blamed, as well as numerous other crimes occurring, so…yeah. Don’t care if they shoot each other up. You can’t teach Stupid. And we aren’t allowed to show the race of the suspects UNLESS they are White. If it is listed, then it’s “possible. Unconfirmed.” Etc.

We are just as tired of it as everyone else, but you tell us how to get illegal guns off the streets. Especially now when we are all but forbidden to talk to blacks.

The other ones, involving mental health, family issues, those are a shame and we need to get services for them. No excuses.

Cromarty

War Hero
Lots of those are gang related involving The Class Which Shall Not Be Blamed, as well as numerous other crimes occurring, so…yeah. Don’t care if they shoot each other up. You can’t teach Stupid. And we aren’t allowed to show the race of the suspects UNLESS they are White. If it is listed, then it’s “possible. Unconfirmed.” Etc.

We are just as tired of it as everyone else, but you tell us how to get illegal guns off the streets. Especially now when we are all but forbidden to talk to blacks.

The other ones, involving mental health, family issues, those are a shame and we need to get services for them. No excuses.

It's not for me to tell you how to get illegal guns off the streets. I just can't believe what the American public are willing to accept. You can't even have a discussion about anything to do with guns. Even suggesting that guns should be locked away when the owner isn't home is somehow a government grab for your guns.

But you lot aren't doing anything about any of those things. Even background checks aren't universally required.

It's not for me to tell you how to get illegal guns off the streets. I just can't believe what the American public are willing to accept.

And they certainly seem to be willing to accept a lot.

'One person has died and nine others injured after a mass shooting took place in Chicago, just hours after 13 people were shot in Austin, Texas.

'The Chicago attack took place in Chatham on the south side of the city just after 2.00am local time this morning, June 12, when two male suspects approached a group of people on South Prairie Avenue and opened fire.'

Neither flagged nor alerted. I use newsnow.co.uk as a compiler site (there's a US version available for those who want to look for more US-centric articles). US mass shooting events regularly (too regularly) appear, either individually or as a category, in their 'Hot Topics'.

Not enough to spur the masses to do anything about it. They care, just not enough.
It's a curious thing.

The numbers of those killed over time in UK by legally owned firearms are dwarfed by the numbers killed by legally owned motor vehicles.

The former are banned, pretty much, yet the latter . . . .

. . . . . and I'm reasonably confident that you can't operate a pistol or rifle at the same time as a mobile phone.​
. . . . not so with motor vehicles.​

It's a curious thing.

The numbers of those killed over time in UK by legally owned firearms are dwarfed by the numbers killed by legally owned motor vehicles.

. . . . . and I'm reasonably confident that you can't operate a pistol or rifle at the same time as a mobile phone.​
Why weren’t you promoted?

It's a curious thing.

Perhaps because some people (obviously not you) perceive there's a difference between death by negligent driving/accident and murder.

Perhaps because some people (obviously not you) perceive there's a difference between death by negligent driving/accident and murder.
Yet the UK ban on legal ownership of handguns has not impacted the rate of murder by firearms, because the vast majority of such killings have always been down to people with illegal access to handguns.

And having narrowly avoided being run down one clear calm August morning, by a dozy cow driving her Audi without watching the road, I have to say I don't have that much sympathy with those who kill with their cars

Cromarty

War Hero
Yet the UK ban on legal ownership of handguns has not impacted the rate of murder by firearms, because the vast majority of such killings have always been down to people with illegal access to handguns.

And having narrowly avoided being run down one clear calm August morning, by a dozy cow driving her Audi without watching the road, I have to say I don't have that much sympathy with those who kill with their cars

Having more guns in circulation available to be stolen, used by legal owners to kill family who ate the last sausage or other heat of the moment incidents is a better option?

Did you report the dozy cow to police? I have no sympathy for drivers who kill or injur innocent people. Penalties should be harsher for drink drivers and anyone driving with illegal substances in their system should suffer lengthy bans.

Getting a licence in Australia is far too easy and can be taken in whatever language you want. It seems you don't even need to see over the steering wheel.

Latest Threads