Mass Shootings in the US

An interesting comparison, that since the restrictive firearms regulations enacted in Australia in the aftermath of the Port Arthur massacre in 1996, the total number of mass shootouts (3 or more fatalities) in the last 25 years, by terrorists or others, stands at 10, including gangland hits.
I wouldn't think that urban Aussies have much of a gun culture so to speak. I can see the Rural folks needing them. Everything in that damn country will kill you.

But how would you try to restrict the millions of semi auto firearms that are already in America without violating the Constitutional Rights of millions of citizens?

Yes but the Australians aren't idiotic enough to say God says it's ok to have a gun.

Nah, God says it's ok to have a beer, or three. Onya!

An interesting comparison, that since the restrictive firearms regulations enacted in Australia in the aftermath of the Port Arthur massacre in 1996, the total number of mass shootouts (3 or more fatalities) in the last 25 years, by terrorists or others, stands at 10, including gangland hits.
Different country, different culture, different availability of weapons, different political landscape, different outlook, just different. Plus all the failures to feed and difficulty aiming due to being upside down.

I suspect I'm closer to your position than Sam and Jonesy's but it really isn't worth the effort as it will just go round and round in circles. The thread's been going for over half a decade with no change in anyone's ideas or beliefs. At least this bit is relatively polite.

endure

GCM
I suspect I'm closer to your position than Sam and Jonesy's but it really isn't worth the effort as it will just go round and round in circles. The thread's been going for over half a decade with no change in anyone's ideas or beliefs.
Not true. I've learned a great deal about the US viewpoint on guns although I don't think I'd be safe with one myself.

You're talking to the man who murdered his French windows with a BB gun.

I wouldn't think that urban Aussies have much of a gun culture so to speak. I can see the Rural folks needing them. Everything in that damn country will kill you.

But how would you try to restrict the millions of semi auto firearms that are already in America without violating the Constitutional Rights of millions of citizens?

Amend the Constitution; it's not as if that hasn't been done before. It's not as if there was a popular vote/referendum before each other amendment was passed by the US Government.

Amend the Constitution; It's not as if it hasn't been done before.
Well that is part of the issue, millions don't want to amend it and terminate their rights. Mass shootings are not a problem in all parts of the country. So would those bits want to ban firearms and restrict their own rights when they are not viewed as a problem issue? Quite personally with the rampaging fanatics on the left looting and burning with abandon the idea of a black rifle doesn't seem like a horrible idea anymore. As millions of new firearm owners have shown.

Quite personally with the rampaging fanatics on the left looting and burning with abandon the idea of a black rifle doesn't seem like a horrible idea anymore. As millions of new firearm owners have shown.

Which illustrates nicely a country in fear of itself. You're well out of it in the wilds.

After being told Australians don’t have free access to guns, she described it as “amazing”, adding it left her “instantly stress free” and gave her a “sense of safety” she’d never felt before.

On her first day of school she was shocked to discover there were no metal detectors. Picture: TikTok/llarafourie

On her first day of school she was shocked to discover there were no metal detectors. Picture: TikTok/llarafourieSource:Supplied
After learning of Australia’s stricter gun rules she set she felt much safer. Picture: TikTok/llarafourie

E2A: ok, if you can't articulate your point beyond button-bashing ...

Last edited:
Well that is part of the issue, millions don't want to amend it and terminate their rights. Mass shootings are not a problem in all parts of the country. So would those bits want to ban firearms and restrict their own rights when they are not viewed as a problem issue? Quite personally with the rampaging fanatics on the left looting and burning with abandon the idea of a black rifle doesn't seem like a horrible idea anymore. As millions of new firearm owners have shown.
2A doesn’t need any amendment; it’s the convoluted and incomprehensible SCOTUS rulings on what 2A actually means that are the problem.

Which illustrates nicely a country in fear of itself. You're well out of it in the wilds.
Am I really? Denver is 100 miles away that is a hop, skip, and a jump for us.

ANTIFA did try to take it to the burbs in FoCo (Fort Collins) last summer that is only 50 miles away from me. Or a 40 minute drive. They want to go into areas like mine and stir the pot. With old Joey in office they are going to feel very bold indeed.

But Black rifles have more than purpose, I can go out and target shoot or hunt with them as well. They are just another tool in the gun safe to potentially be used.

Update on the FedEx MassCas, and thoughts on firearms regulation (or lack thereof).

'The suspect in the Indianapolis mass shooting at a FedEx Ground facility was a former employee there and, according to law enforcement sources, known to federal and local authorities prior to the attack.

'The suspect was identified as Brandon Hole, 19, who was last employed at the facility in 2020, according to Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department Deputy Chief of Criminal Investigations Craig McCartt. McCartt said Hole's name appeared in two previous police reports, including one last year from an incident in which a gun was seized. "We can confirm that the perpetrator was a former employee at the facility," company spokesperson Jim Masilak told CNN Friday, declining to name the suspect and directing further questions to the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department.

'A family member of the suspected shooter reached out to authorities warning about the suspect's potential for violence, according to three law enforcement sources briefed on the matter.'

2A doesn’t need any amendment; it’s the convoluted and incomprehensible SCOTUS rulings on what 2A actually means that are the problem.
Well I prefer the right to own firearms and not have the government infringe upon them in order to socially engineer society to the point where criminals have nothing to fear, and shoot God's creatures.

I didn't quote anything of the kind. I have it in my sig block and what I put in there is up to me. Especially if it pi$$es off people like you.

With regards to the "old son", It's just another British way of saying mate, sorry if it caused offence, I shall edit that post forthwith just for you.

Ok, so you have a 'slogan' on your sig block because that's obviously what all the 'cool kids' do. It doesn't equate to your views or values, but you feel the need to have one. How very sad.

Giving you another chance to hit the mong button.

and shoot God's creatures.

So you don't really hunt then? I ask because I was always led to believe that the animals were all your gods creatures as well :twisted:

So you don't really hunt then? I ask because I was always led to believe that the animals were all your gods creatures as well :twisted:
Oh I will put in for the tags every year, and hopefully we make a connection.

But this season might not happen for goats, and I am waiting to see what they say about the damn deer tags as well.

It seems like once every 5-6 seasons something happens and get the old middle finger from the beloved Game and Fish Gods...It is a cruel thing.

Oh I will put in for the tags every year, and hopefully we make a connection.

But this season might not happen for goats, and I am waiting to see what they say about the damn deer tags as well.

It seems like once every 5-6 seasons something happens and get the old middle finger from the beloved Game and Fish Gods...It is a cruel thing.

I'm an atheist...guilt free hunting and fishing seasons ;)

Ok, so you have a 'slogan' on your sig block because that's obviously what all the 'cool kids' do. It doesn't equate to your views or values, but you feel the need to have one. How very sad.

It's not a slogan, far from it, it's a piece written of history. Never been accused of being one of the cool kids but if you say so mate.

How would you know what my views or values are, you don't know me apart from on here which is nothing but pixels so tbh I really don't care what someone thousands of miles away thinks of me.

Giving you another chance to hit the mong button.

I was just following your lead on the mong button old chap. :smile:

Other than that, unless you have something sensible to say rather than spouting insults, you can go do one.

Last edited:
God bless America and keep your guns ffs.
I think that the liberty loving American patriot is a bulwark against lunacy, one of our better inventions.
Not being clever but the USA was started by non conforming Englishmen with a sense of adventure.

Last edited:

Latest Threads