Mass Shootings in the US

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

ex_colonial

On ROPS
On ROPs
Its interesting to note that the estimated numbers of illegal firearms is much higher, I know its from the mirror Britain has 4m guns on streets – and 4,000 youngsters have shotgun licences
snip "A Mirror probe into firearms in the UK found there are 1.3million legal shotguns in England and Wales alone - and around 500,000 illegal guns"
And given that even the NCA Illegal firearms - National Crime Agency seized 893 guns/firearms as a result of NCA activity in 2017/18 . No one really knows the scale of the problem.

And to continue the "mong" like thread diversion!!
This old article in the BBC's favourite newspaper, sorry, Propaganda sheet Firearms: cheap, easy to get and on a street near you
snip "The gun shown here, a Webley, is up for sale in London for £150, one of hundreds of such weapons that are easily and cheaply available on the streets of the UK's big cities, a Guardian investigation can reveal.
The variety of weapons on offer in Britain is extensive and includes machine guns and shotguns, as well as pistols and converted replicas. A source close to the trade in illegal weapons contacted by the Guardian listed a menu of firearms that are available on the streets of the capital.
"You can get a clean [unused] 9mm automatic for £1,500, a Glock for a couple of grand and you can even make an order for a couple of MAC-10s," he said. "Or you can get a little sawn-off for £150. They're easy enough to get hold of. You'll find one in any poverty area, every estate in London, and it's even easier in Manchester, where there are areas where the police don't go"

If the pedants on here don't like it they can ask for a new thread "British gun crime" and all non USA related stuff moved there, I can't be bothered!

This old article in the BBC's favourite newspaper, sorry, Propaganda sheet Firearms: cheap, easy to get and on a street near you
snip "The gun shown here, a Webley, is up for sale in London for £150, one of hundreds of such weapons that are easily and cheaply available on the streets of the UK's big cities, a Guardian investigation can reveal.
The variety of weapons on offer in Britain is extensive and includes machine guns and shotguns, as well as pistols and converted replicas. A source close to the trade in illegal weapons contacted by the Guardian listed a menu of firearms that are available on the streets of the capital.
"You can get a clean [unused] 9mm automatic for £1,500, a Glock for a couple of grand and you can even make an order for a couple of MAC-10s," he said. "Or you can get a little sawn-off for £150. They're easy enough to get hold of. You'll find one in any poverty area, every estate in London, and it's even easier in Manchester, where there are areas where the police don't go"

If the pedants on here don't like it they can ask for a new thread "British gun crime" and all non USA related stuff moved there, I can't be bothered!
America does have a unenvious reputation for mass shootings, especially in schools.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
America does have a unenvious reputation for mass shootings, especially in schools.
It seems to have become more popular since it's been "wrong" to punish children there.
We have a high incidence of firearms ownership, but aren't afraid to give a misbehaving child a deserved klap.

And the wikipedia is cited again...
Hey, America is a violent place compared to the UK, they do like branding up schools. However if I lived there I’d own a long gun, shotgun and a reliable 9mm.

If I lived in Northern Ireland
It seems to have become more popular since it's been "wrong" to punish children there.
We have a high incidence of firearms ownership, but aren't afraid to give a misbehaving child a deserved klap.
Its a phenomena for America, maybe it’s the instant wealth culture that is perpetually broadcas.

Gun ownership in Europe which is prevalent hasnt seen the same grassing up of schools, he vast firearm deaths are terrorist related, with criminal against criminal a close second.

I mean what country is proud to produce a society were gunning down kids is a national hobby.

The same country also enabled a peado to become a reality tv star, with his own gun show.

In my opinion a lot of people see guns as toys, those have never had to use one in anger, this is especially prevalent in America.

On a side note there a few Youtude channels that are so far right in there content and opinion I truly expect to see a civil war in America.

The following quote from your link is revealing. Just what do people think about the British Forces?
" Why do these people have to kill for nothing? If they want to kill people, why don't they join the army?"
Slight misconception there.

Are there any on spelling and the evils of exaggeration?

Just asking.
Just sad old men on the internet, who choose to ignore.

Slime

LE
The following quote from your link is revealing. Just what do people think about the British Forces?
" Why do these people have to kill for nothing? If they want to kill people, why don't they join the army?"
Slight misconception there.
ACC?

I would guess that criminals in UK have an ability to get guns but a far more limited access to ammunition, especially for obsolete calibres. Just a hunch.

Choose to ignore what?

English - do you speak it?
Native along with German and polish, do You have any cognitive input into why Americans seem to enjoy shooting kids?

That'll be Polish with a P.

And no, I do not have any cognitive input into why anyone would make such a ridiculous statement as 'Americans seem to enjoy shooting kids.'

That'll be Polish with a P.

And no, I do not have any cognitive input into why anyone would make such a ridiculous statement as 'Americans seem to enjoy shooting kids.'
No, I think it was polish; just difficult to tell whether furniture, shoe or metal (e.g., Brasso) that he's using.

EDIT: Moved here as it is more appropriate:

In the past month or so there have been mass shooting in the UK but not a cheep out of you about any of them.
I genuinely cannot remember a mass shooting being reported in the UK - could you provide a link a the news story?

I live in London, so on balance it probably wasn't too far away...

Moved here as it is more appropriate:

Deflection and fake news from the other side of the pond; who'd have thunk it. The last I can think of was Moss Side in 2018, with fortunately, no fatalities IIRC.
Having searched for a bit, the only reference I can find was three people shot at a party in Essex on 13 June. None died.

I wonder how many similar shootings of 3+ people happened in the US in the past month? Their population is 5 x larger, so I would expect it to match.

97, according to Wikipedia. List of mass shootings in the United States in 2020 - Wikipedia

I will give @Steamboat his due, however - none this year in Wyoming.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Having searched for a bit, the only reference I can find was three people shot at a party in Essex on 13 June. None died.

I wonder how many similar shootings of 3+ people happened in the US in the past month? Their population is 5 x larger, so I would expect it to match.
That's a such a sweetly naive way of looking at things, please change your username to Poppet.

That's a such a sweetly naive way of looking at things, please change your username to Poppet.
Not naive, but in very simple terms. Stats can tell you anything if you torture them enough.

I like the US - I have tried (and failed) to get the 'Odd things about the US' thread on track. It has a bit of an issue with people killing each other with firearms though.

Good ad hom, mind. Carry on.

Latest Threads