Mass Shootings in the US

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Typically the BBC equates firearms with weapons. Encyclopedia Britannica defines weapons thus: "Weapon, an instrument used in combat for the purpose of killing, injuring, or defeating an enemy."
Ah, but firearms are weapons, but not all weapons are firearms!

endure

GCM
The thread is about mass shootings and several mongs are posting every example of gun violence, suicide, accidents etc.

The thread is entitled 'mass shootings in the US' ;-)

WALT

War Hero
I for one am looking forward to seeing the reports of gangsters armed with muskets forming squares to settle their differences.
Having been on the firing point with several blackpowder revolvers firing simultaneously, I've always thought that their use in a bank robbery would be very effective. Loosing a couple of those off in an enclosed space would provoke mayhem.
Finding the exit door would, however, be problematic.

I for one am looking forward to seeing the reports of gangsters armed with muskets forming squares to settle their differences.
Even better if they're up against mounted plod armed with sabres.

The thread is entitled 'mass shootings in the US' ;-)
So why are the mongs including every incident involving a firearm ( and some not even) in this thread?

Last edited:

endure

GCM
Its interesting to note that the estimated numbers of illegal firearms is much higher, I know its from the mirror Britain has 4m guns on streets – and 4,000 youngsters have shotgun licences
snip "A Mirror probe into firearms in the UK found there are 1.3million legal shotguns in England and Wales alone - and around 500,000 illegal guns"
And given that even the NCA Illegal firearms - National Crime Agency seized 893 guns/firearms as a result of NCA activity in 2017/18 . No one really knows the scale of the problem.
Take counts of "illegal guns" with a grain of salt unless you have seen a breakdown of what the numbers are assumed to mean. For example, suppose someone with a few rifles used for hunting or target shooting dies of old age. His widow is now technically in possession of guns which are not registered to her and which she may not be aware she was required to do something about. These may be counted in the stats as "illegal guns". There are all sorts of variations on this such as the paperwork being incorrect due to a clerical error, or not renewed on time due to personal circumstances, etc. Or it can even be as simple as the guns are all registered correctly with all the proper paperwork, but they are not stored in a manner which meets current regulations. I've seen figures for "illegal firearms" in Canada which when examined in detail turned out to be almost entirely things like that.

The same goes for guns seized as part of an investigation. When someone is taken into custody all of his firearms are automatically seized whether they were relevant to the alleged crime or not, and they then go on the stats of "seized firearms" even if they get returned to him later.

So, take big numbers with a grain of salt as very often the story behind most of the cases is something very pedestrian.

The thread is about mass shootings and several mongs are posting every example of gun violence, suicide, accidents etc.
An act of desparatation when they have no logical arguments? The problem with internet forums in general is that they easily become the playground of fuckwits less fortunate members of society.

Or lack of self-control on the part of some posters...

But hey, at least it keeps the mongs in one place.
I am not sure about that bolded part.

I am not sure about that bolded part.
They are, all nice and comfortable in USA. Have you patrolled the garden? Put pickets out? or do you prefer claymor?

Last edited:

Latest Threads