Mass Shootings in the US

I'm not sure what your point is. "Pandemic" means having spread across the globe ("pan" means "all", and "demos" means "people"), while "epidemic" means it is affecting a large number of people ("epi" means "above", which can be understood in this instance as "more than one individual").

"Epidemic" is widely used as a figure of speech in the US to mean something other than just a literal medical problem, although it usually has negative connotations.
Actually, if you spent less time searching google to score minor points and started bitching about the Republican Senator (From Latin Senex... meaning "old") that wants to lift the ban on Bump-stocks... this thread would then be going back towards it's original direction.

Romanes eunt domus!

Last edited:
Actually, if you spent less time searching google to score minor points and started bitching about the Republican Senator (From Latin Senex... meaning "old") that wants to lift the ban on Bump-stocks... this thread would then be going back towards it's original direction.

Romanes eunt domus!

I wasn't trying to score points off you, I was pointing out that "epidemic" is a common figure of speech in the US and it's use in that context with respect to suicides is not unusual.

As for unbanning bump-stocks, they're a gimmick that I suspect mainly appealed to people who felt that by having one they are giving the finger to "the authorities". I don't think they are all that useful in conducting a mass shooting, in comparison to simply having a semi-automatic rifle with a large magazine capacity.

The latest fad on the market in the US is "arm braces", which skirt around the rules on cut-down rifles by pretending that they're actually pistols. Now that is something that could actually be useful in conducting a mass shooting, and I would not be surprised if they also ended up on the ban list.

No matter what is said, or will occur...... it all comes back the 2nd Amendment every time. A single American has the right to own the firepower of a 1776 Infantry Regiment......... just now over far longer distances.

"Out of my dead cold hands"..... I do not have a problem with that..... American civvies can't hit a barn door with a banjo.

Last edited:
No matter what is said, or will occur...... it all comes back the 2nd Amendment every time. A single American has the right to own the firepower of a 1776 Infantry Regiment......... just now over far longer distances.

"Out of my dead cold hands"..... I do not have a problem with that..... American civvies can't hit a barn door with a banjo.
Mick, you seem like a nice (but slightly mental) bloke. Please stop, you make yourself look a little thick with these comments.

You would be fun at the range.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Mick, you seem like a nice (but slightly mental) bloke. Please stop, you make yourself look a little thick with these comments.
They don't make him look a little thick.

At which end? The target area might be a good start.
Did the sharpshooters course at Bisley, Regular pistol users course (Bodie and Doyle but with real ammo) at Bally K and the All Arms Air Defence at Hohne..... I fancy my chances over yours.

Last edited:
Did the sharpshooters course at Bisley, Regular pistol users course (Bodie and Doyle but with real ammo) at Bally K and the All Arms Air Defence at Hohne..... I fancy my chances over yours.
Yawn.
All Arms Air Defence? What with?

lol.gif

I'm glad that I'm not the only one to find certain posts amusing. A bit of light entertainment is welcome.

Ungrateful patient as he shoots nurse then security guard inside hospital...

Latest Threads