Mass Shootings in the US

endure

GCM
I think there's an enormous amount of tinfoil hattery going on here. Jonesey is a bloke who lives in Wyoming who's curious about the world outside redneck America and who is willing to expose himself to alternative opinions.

The fact that the people who express those alternative opinions confuse debate with ridicule is a loss to all of us.

The fact that the people who express those alternative opinions confuse debate with ridicule is a loss to all of us.
I may or may not have agreed with everything he said (which I agreed to lots of times), but living in a bubble surrounded by everybody who conforms to what you agree with and opines similar views is dangerous. It's nice to have a debate going back and forth.

I think there's an enormous amount of tinfoil hatter going on here. Jonesey is a bloke who lives in Wyoming who's curious about the world outside redneck America and who is willing to expose himself to alternative opinions.

Something many of the Canadian/English posters should note, unless you like being in an echo chamber of a forum.

A different view from someone who actually lives in the country, that is the subject of the thread. He has some really good posts regarding artillery/ strike brigades/Armoured tactics ( from his time in an actual military unit...) as well.

From personal experience - a lot of the posts on here are bordering on anti American tedium. Likely you just bored him away.

Last edited:
He's your son in law, admit it.
Well I reckon if he was I could've done a lot worse. However we have three sons, no daughters though.

I think there's an enormous amount of tinfoil hattery going on here. Jonesey is a bloke who lives in Wyoming who's curious about the world outside redneck America and who is willing to expose himself to alternative opinions.

What raised my suspicions was the frankly bizarre responses to the (latest) London Bridge Attack and the Harry Dunn death where it was claimed that Americans weren't safe in the UK, because of Russian activity. Previous postings were sane whereas these became increasingly hectoring and provocative. Moreover, the style of English used had changed. But that's crime-ridden Wyoming for you...

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Well I reckon if he was I could've done a lot worse. However we have three sons, no daughters though.
They might identify as a different gender on private.

No shit, I've been told that by one of the braindead as proof that "most people aren't heterosexual" !

No shit, I've been told that by one of the braindead as proof that "most people aren't heterosexual" !
Told that by a gay guy trying to pick me up years ago, if it was the other way around it would be a hate crime.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Told that by a gay guy trying to pick me up years ago, if it was the other way around it would be a hate crime.
What, he'd have hated you be pomp him ?

Are you sure there isn't one from previous liaisons that's not talked about?
As sure as anyone can be that there isn't.

Knowing my three, I don't think so. If you met them I reckon you'd agree. None of them thinking they are never wrong and always wanting to give advise is a pretty good indicator.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Knowing my three, I don't think so. If you met them I reckon you'd agree. None of them thinking they are never wrong and always wanting to give advise is a pretty good indicator.
I don't doubt you in the least.
But according to some clown who claimed to belong to one of the seventy-three other fantasy genders, "the majority of people aren't hetero."

The symbols show it simply enough, men are from Mars, women are from Venus.

All the rest are from Uranus.

But according to some clown who claimed to belong to one of the seventy-three other fantasy genders, "the majority of people aren't hetero."
Well I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion regardless of chosen gender. If something like that which the clown puts forward was put to me, I'd be inclined to ask for the scientific/medical evidence to back the claim up.

All the rest are from Uranus.
Aye I reckon I've met a fair few Uranians in my time and it has nothing to do with chosen gender.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Well I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion regardless of chosen gender. If something like that which the clown puts forward was put to me, I'd be inclined to ask for the scientific/medical evidence to back the claim up.
That wouldn't have been forthcoming.
Pseudo-science perhaps.

That wouldn't have been forthcoming.
Pseudo-science perhaps.
As is the way with most of this stuff. As I said though, each to their own until it starts interfering in my life, that's when I get the bottle of fuk off tablets out.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Actually the planetary symbols are pretty good, though some imagination is necessary.
Mars being a spear and shield:

Venis is supposed to be a mirror with a handle. Later a Christian cross was added.

And Uranus, appropriately enough, is an arse:

Not that any of this has much to do with multiple shootings in the US.

Latest Threads