Mass Shootings in the US

Why has Jonesy departed these hallowed shores?
Is that who the latest Deleted [numbers] is? I noticed quite a few posts from him at the start of the 'Iranian general gets the good news' thread, possibly related to that?

Toppet

War Hero
Why has Jonesy departed these hallowed shores?
Maybe because as someone pointed out, his position of "Wyoming is super safe" and "I need 23 firearms to defend me from all the nasty people in Wyoming" doesn't really work?

The fücking snowflake.

endure

GCM
Regardless of his position on guns I always thought he was an interesting poster. He was happy to take a bit of flak and provided a viewpoint that no-one else on here did. I shall miss him anyway.

Maybe because as someone pointed out, his position of "Wyoming is super safe" and "I need 23 firearms to defend me from all the nasty people in Wyoming" doesn't really work?

The fücking snowflake.
Does this mean we should expect a news story from the Wyoming area over the next few days?

"Witnesses said the shooter, described as sporting an unkempt ginger beard, staggered out of the bar clutching a bottle of whisky and waving a pistol. The shooter kept shouting about "Lousy Brits" and how they would "Never understand the Second Amendment".

It is understood the shooter was attempting to commit a mass shooting but was so drunk he only succeeded in shooting a shop window before spilling whisky down his front and falling asleep behind a Walmart."

Last edited:
Does this mean we should expect a news story from the Wyoming area over the next few days?

"Witnesses said the shooter, described as sporting an unkempt ginger beard, staggered out of the bar clutching a bottle of whisky and waving a pistol. The shooter kept shouting about "Lousy Brits" and how they would "Never understand the Second Amendment".

It is understood the shooter was attempting to commit a mass shooting but was so drunk he only succeeded in shooting a shop window before spilling whisky down his front and falling asleep behind a Walmart."
You forgot the final line about how 238 other people were killed or wounded 'defending themselves' with their guns after he fell asleep.

I was going to say that we can expect to see him appear again on this thread, but as a news story this time, but you've already covered it.

However, as humorous as that may sound, LJonesy seems the type who might actually do it if his life suddenly took a turn for the worse.

More likely though is the wife took away the key to his gun safe and deleted all his social media accounts until he's got all the painting an wallpapering done on the house they've recently moved into.

Regardless of his position on guns I always thought he was an interesting poster. He was happy to take a bit of flak and provided a viewpoint that no-one else on here did. I shall miss him anyway.
Christ! I sleep for a few hours and Jonsey is gone?

Nice enough bloke but as others have mentioned every topic being dragged down to everything would be better if everyone had a ton of guns got a bit wearing.

I challenged him on another thread about his deep and slightly creepy adoption of British military culture - idiomatic expressions, slang, terminology...yet, as others noted, asking deep NLP questions about sensitive programmes.

Toppet

War Hero
I challenged him on another thread about his deep and slightly creepy adoption of British military culture - idiomatic expressions, slang, terminology...yet, as others noted, asking deep NLP questions about sensitive programmes.
I wondered about him some time ago:
I reckon @LJONESY is someone’s spare account. He seems to know a lot about the British Army for a Yankee (not many Americans know that BFG refers to a place AND a book)- and looking at some of his older posts (he seems to appear/disappear every now and then for extended periods) his English has come on in leaps & bounds.

It was a contradicting account - a Good Ol" Boy with a love of the big outdoors, of guns and trucks- and Trump; Indeed almost a caricature. Yet the account could seamlessly become pseudo British soldier speak. Curious/suspicious.
It didn't go that far - I tried to explain to him last week the difference between using 'wanking' and '******' as an insult.

I wondered about him some time ago:
I think that things are getting into tin foil hattery at that point. It's not unusual for someone to pick up terms and phrases used on this site if he spends enough time reading it. As an example look at the use of "tin foil hattery" in my previous sentence. It's not something that I would have picked up in daily conversation where I live, but I know that it's something that the people I am talking to on this site can relate to.

I've never met LJonesy and have no idea who he actually is, but if he's pretending to be American when he's really from somewhere else then he's got "being American" down pat and his talents are wasted on trolling ARRSE. (Oh! Maybe he left because he got a promotion for his efforts! And we're into tin foil hat territory again).

As to why he spent so much time here, it's probably because, as hard as it may be to believe sometimes, the intellectual standard of discourse here is higher than on any other web forum that I've encountered. I would imagine that living in Wyoming must be mind-numbingly boring for anyone with more than two brain cells to rub together, and for all his narrow mindedness and limited view of the world, LJonesy didn't come across as a complete idiot and may have been looking for some intellectual stimulation.

If he was indeed someone other than who he claimed to be, then it doesn't bother me. I don't really know who the rest of you are after all, and you don't really know who I am either.

I think that things are getting into tin foil hattery at that point. It's not unusual for someone to pick up terms and phrases used on this site if he spends enough time reading it. As an example look at the use of "tin foil hattery" in my previous sentence. It's not something that I would have picked up in daily conversation where I live, but I know that it's something that the people I am talking to on this site can relate to.

I've never met LJonesy and have no idea who he actually is, but if he's pretending to be American when he's really from somewhere else then he's got "being American" down pat and his talents are wasted on trolling ARRSE. (Oh! Maybe he left because he got a promotion for his efforts! And we're into tin foil hat territory again).

As to why he spent so much time here, it's probably because, as hard as it may be to believe sometimes, the intellectual standard of discourse here is higher than on any other web forum that I've encountered. I would imagine that living in Wyoming must be mind-numbingly boring for anyone with more than two brain cells to rub together, and for all his narrow mindedness and limited view of the world, LJonesy didn't come across as a complete idiot and may have been looking for some intellectual stimulation.

If he was indeed someone other than who he claimed to be, then it doesn't bother me. I don't really know who the rest of you are after all, and you don't really know who I am either.
It was nice to have some cross-American debates with him....he thought the coasts were communist....

Jonsey is an American and he does live in Wyoming. That is all I'll say on that matter.

Latest Threads