Mass Shootings in the US

You are quick to quote population density and then move to land area when challenged.

Do you not understand what population density means?
Also, there is no explanation as to why this should affect behaviour. Why are Wyoming residences more violent with each other just because they have a low population density? In Scotland (and, I would imagine, in most places) it works the other way round, the lower the population density, the lower the tendency towards violent crime.

D

Deleted 24582

Also, there is no explanation as to why this should affect behaviour. Why are Wyoming residences more violent with each other just because they have a low population density? In Scotland (and, I would imagine, in most places) it works the other way round, the lower the population density, the lower the tendency towards violent crime.
I would imagine it having more to do with "community" and who belongs and who is just passing through or here for a short time. Not all folks that reside here really "belong" here.

Like the case of this gentleman who was shot in Vedauwoo which is a place I frequent in the summer and fall. Mr. Butrick behaved in a very aggressive manner and managed to get himself shot.

Well to beat this horse to death, you have no equivalent in the U.K. 65 million people packed into an island smaller than my state. Compared to less than 700,000 spread out over a larger area, with more exotic wild life to boot.
So why the fear of the 'other' that requires you to be more tooled up than most countries armies?

D

Deleted 24582

So why the fear of the 'other' that requires you to be more tooled up than most countries armies?
Well a Glock 19 is not exactly tooled up... PPW are mostly handguns or shotguns. A few folks insist on using an AR for home defense as is their right, but it might not be the best tool for the job.

D

Deleted 24582

Today? Probably - I'm in Jacksonville for the Gator Bowl so am having a leisurely one.

Normally? Doubtful.
Well I hope you enjoy the game.
But somehow I don't think you are the early riser.

Get some souvenirs and enjoy the sunshine.

Six is a bit late, hard to be a hunter if you want to sleep in!
I find it saves time when you don't have to strip, clean, reassemble and load your shaving gun, shitting gun, toothbrushing gun, shower gun, cornflakes gun etc.

Very personal question but to be candid a total of 23. Of which 4 are accessible without having to visit the gun safe.
Well a Glock 19 is not exactly tooled up... PPW are mostly handguns or shotguns. A few folks insist on using an AR for home defense as is their right, but it might not be the best tool for the job.
Is it one pistol or 23 firearms? Not being judgemental, but that is more than most county police stations hold*

*ETA because that's more than enough.

D

Deleted 24582

Is it one pistol or 23 firearms? Not being judgemental, but that is more than most county police stations hold*

*ETA because that's more than enough.
Not everything is pew, pew, tacticool. But I am not going to use a 20 bore to hunt geese. You hunt different species you tend to acquire an firearm suited for it. We also have a tradition of firearms being passed down from generation to generation or being gifted. The Glock is just a run of the mill vehicle pistol. By Murican standards my collection is rather puny, and run of the mill.

Not everything is pew, pew, tacticool. But I am not going to use a 20 bore to hunt geese. You hunt different species you tend to acquire an firearm suited for it. We also have a tradition of firearms being passed down from generation to generation or being gifted. The Glock is just a run of the mill vehicle pistol. By Murican standards my collection is rather puny, and run of the mill.
About the same as mine - you have more shotties probably.

Low IQ?

Latest Threads