Mass Shootings in the US

And?
It doesn't classify as a mass shooting & was nowhere near as lethal as the stabbyness in France.
I couldn't find an appropriate thread, so posted her. Yes, it doesn't technically qualify as a mass shooting.

And I would get bored of repeatedly stabbing some people with a knife - much easier with a gun.

And don't even try and get into stats - the U.S. is far ahead on that front in terms of killings.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
And I would get bored of repeatedly stabbing some people with a knife - much easier with a gun.
You live and learn, I didnt know you could stab someone with a gun.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Drunks, guns and anger: a winning combination. I guess they felt they'd been disrespected, so needed to reassert their Alpha status.

'A manhunt is under way for two men who opened fire in a bar in Kansas, killing four people and wounding five others.

'Police officer Thomas Tomasic says authorities believe the shooting, around 1.30am local time on Sunday, at a Kansas City bar stemmed from an earlier altercation. He said the two gunmen had apparently gotten into a dispute with some people inside the bar, left, then returned with handguns.'

'A manhunt is under way for two men who opened fire in a bar in Kansas, killing four people and wounding five others.

'Police officer Thomas Tomasic says authorities believe the shooting, around 1.30am local time on Sunday, at a Kansas City bar stemmed from an earlier altercation.
KC is actually in Missouri. Don't ask me the details.

It does not have to involve guns.
Saturday night 4 homeless men were killed and a fifth homeless man is in critical condition.
The were killed by a homeless man wielding a three foot long, 15 pound metal bar.
He was homeless as he had been thrown out of his home after punching his grandmother and and then beating up his mother.
The murderer is Randy Rodriquez Santos. He came to the US from the Dominican Republic 4 years ago.

Ritch

LE
KC is actually in Missouri. Don't ask me the details.
Kansas City straddles both Kansas and Missouri but the bar is inside the dotted line, therefore being in Kansas.

Kansas City straddles both Kansas and Missouri but the bar is inside the dotted line, therefore being in Kansas.
Update:

'Early on Monday, police posted online that a suspect, Javier Alatorre, 23, had been taken into custody, but they released no other details about the arrest other than that police were assisted by other agencies including the FBI. Police also announced that a second suspect, Hugo Villanueva-Morales, 29, was wanted and they were each charged with four counts of first-degree murder.'

Well kinda like a lot of places then...where you when you put your foot across, you're in a different state or a country.

Just another Friday night in New York.

'Four men were killed and three others seriously injured in a shooting inside illegal gambling premises in Brooklyn, New York, early Saturday local time, according to New York City police.

'The shooting unfolded at what is believed to be an after hours club called Triple A Aces, a source told the New York Post. The club bills itself as a “private and social rental space”. NYPD Chief of Detectives Dermot F. Shea said two firearms have been recovered and more may be found.'

When oh when is America going to come to its senses, the 2nd amendment was fit for purpose in 1776, now some 200+ years later, its as outdated as quill pens and turn-ups in trousers. Many tens of thousands of innocent civilians will be gunned down by their fellow citizens in the years to come, platitudes will be spoken, crocodile tears shed, and congressmen will argue the toss with the NRA, and nothing will change. A country gets the government it deserves......think about it!

Toppet

Old-Salt
When oh when is America going to come to its senses, the 2nd amendment was fit for purpose in 1776, now some 200+ years later, its as outdated as quill pens and turn-ups in trousers. Many tens of thousands of innocent civilians will be gunned down by their fellow citizens in the years to come, platitudes will be spoken, crocodile tears shed, and congressmen will argue the toss with the NRA, and nothing will change. A country gets the government it deserves......think about it!
They won't. To many of them, pretending the still live in the Wild West is more important.

They won't. To many of them, pretending the still live in the Wild West is more important.
In much of the Wild West, people were required to surrender their guns to the lawful authorities when they entered a town.

Pretending they still live in the pretend Wild West and not the real one is more important to many of them.

Think on this..... If the UK adopted the same firearms legislation as the septic's, can you imagine the carnage in central city, that would ensue with guns, and not knifes?..... Thank god we haven't the same mind-set as Hank J Cheeseburger from wherethefuckarewe, Louisiana.

LJONESY

On ROPS
On ROPs
Think on this..... If the UK adopted the same firearms legislation as the septic's, can you imagine the carnage in central city, that would ensue with guns, and not knifes?..... Thank god we haven't the same mind-set as Hank J Cheeseburger from wherethefuckarewe, Louisiana.
I would imagine that would require a confidence with firearms that would be lacking by most in the U.K....

But hey BFN America tends to be a bit a safer then is ever mentioned in the news.

We do have a long list of rules here to abide by. One day I will have to snap a pic of them on my CC permit.

Just who are we to judge the US? The reason why the US exists is that for over 2 centuries europeansand brits have had enough of Europe and Britain and want to live somewhere without the overbearing we know better attitude that infests Europe, now more than ever before.

I would imagine that would require a confidence with firearms that would be lacking by most in the U.K....

But hey BFN America tends to be a bit a safer then is ever mentioned in the news.

We do have a long list of rules here to abide by. One day I will have to snap a pic of them on my CC permit.

I agree in part, your own situation out in the wilds of Wyoming requires a firearms, makes perfect sense, as your wildlife is a bit more serious than ours, that I understand, what I cannot fathom out, is why Joe citizen, living In a quite suburb of Huston, a big city, needs to have a sidearm. Or Joe schmuck in Manhattan needs one. Like the USA, there are Ex service personal who are conversant with firearms. Here in the UK, just about every man over 75 has had some military experience, either National service, or voluntary military service. My generation now in our late 60's and early 70's have seen service in NI, The Falkland's, Bosnia, Iraq, Belize, Aden, Cyprus, Kenya, and a hundred other war zones, but very few have an inkling to tote military grade firearms as civvies. I cannot begin to fathom out why an ordinary citizen, living and working in a town or city, needs to walk about with a gun in his belt.

Latest Threads