Mass Shootings in the US

Saw this on the news this morning, fecking heartbreaking that learning this is considered normal for American kids

I’m in Canada and lockdowns are practised here too. I remember being shocked 16 years ago when my then JK son told me about lockdowns and fire drills at school.

Knowing they did the drill was one thing. Him telling me when I picked him up that they had, had a precautionary lock down that day. In an elementary school ffs.

It is one fucked up society that we have become.

Meanwhile, in Australia:

At least four people have been shot dead by a gunman in Darwin, northern Australia, police say.

Eyewitnesses said the gunman entered a motel in an inner suburb of the city and opened fire in a number of rooms before fleeing.

Police responded at about 18:00 local time (08:30 GMT) and arrested the man an hour later.

Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison said the shooting was not terror-related.

Police said they believed the man had acted alone and they were not looking for any other suspects.

So the first mass shooting (being equal or more than 4) since 1996. Gun legislation and basic background checks. Whopdee doo..no one can ever stop nut jobs or shootings but basic shit does work.
Nope. There have been at least four in that time.

Nope. There have been at least four in that time.
It is interesting to compare the number of victims:
Port Arthur, semi-automatic rifles - 35 dead, 23 wounded

Darwin, pump-action shotgun - 4 dead, unknown wounded.

Looks like a reasonable justification for Aussie gun laws to me.

Airbus deliberately crashed into the Alps. 150 dead.
Oklahoma city bombing 168 dead.
So now we ban civilian airliners and fertiliser.
What's next?

Airbus deliberately crashed into the Alps. 150 dead.
Oklahoma city bombing 168 dead.
So now we ban civilian airliners and fertiliser.
What's next?
Where did I suggest banning shotguns? I was pointing out that this nutter didn't have access to semi-automatic rifles as a result of Aussie gun laws. Consequently the number of victims is almost certainly smaller than it would have been if he did have an AR15 or SLR.

Where did I suggest banning shotguns? I was pointing out that this nutter didn't have access to semi-automatic rifles as a result of Aussie gun laws. Consequently the number of victims is almost certainly smaller than it would have been if he did have an AR15 or SLR.
Actually a 12 bore in a cqb scenario
with some OO or #4 buck is far more fearful then a varmint round.

Not really:

USA, handful of box cutters- 2,996 dead, 6,000 injured.

So you have unequivocal proof that he would have used an AR15 if he had been able to get hold of one or is the above statement pure speculation and conjecture based upon nothing more than your opinion?

So you have unequivocal proof that he would have used an AR15 if he had been able to get hold of one or is the above statement pure speculation and conjecture based upon nothing more than your opinion?
My, someone's touchy. No, I don't have unequivocal proof of anything, hence why I said "number of victims is almost certainly smaller". Which it is, unless there's a reason why all Western militaries are deliberately disadvantaging their troops by issuing rapid firing rifles rather than pump-action shotguns?

All over the news on Sep 11th.
I must have missed it, I only saw the planes hitting the towers. Clearly the lunatic running around murdering 3 thousand people with a Stanley knife was in some other news story. He must have been tired afterwards.

unless there's a reason why all Western militaries are deliberately disadvantaging their troops by issuing rapid firing rifles rather than pump-action shotguns?
Oddly enough, western militaries tend to issue pump action shotguns for close quarters fighting.

My, someone's touchy. No, I don't have unequivocal proof of anything, hence why I said "number of victims is almost certainly smaller". Which it is, unless there's a reason why all Western militaries are deliberately disadvantaging their troops by issuing rapid firing rifles rather than pump-action shotguns?
By your logic most mass shooting in, say the USA, would have been committed with a fully automatic machine gun. I take it you have never had anything to do with firearm procurement for the Armed Forces?

I must have missed it, I only saw the planes hitting the towers. Clearly the lunatic running around murdering 3 thousand people with a Stanley knife was in some other news story. He must have been tired afterwards.
Wah