Mass Shootings in the US

It's alright. Another day, more people killed with fire arms in the U.S. As an American I kinda inured myself to these incidents. Just a day in the life. If you are prepped for it, you deal with, else, what else can you do. The laws and politicians are too scared to do much about it. So just have to deal and listen to them. Kinda now is like car sound alarms. You almost really don't care too much about them. Just background noise Sad state of affairs really.

Hey ho, there are only so many massacres and incidents any brain can take.

Five dead.

Still, no need to examine firearms culture in the US, I guess. Thoughts & prayers, thoughts and prayers...
Half an hour ago, the link said 1 dead, 2 injured & the shooter apprehended.
There's no such thing as a "firearms culture" in the US, or at least among normal people who tend not to go round killing folk.

Half an hour ago, the link said 1 dead, 2 injured & the shooter apprehended.
There's no such thing as a "firearms culture" in the US, or at least among normal people who tend not to go round killing folk.
But there is massive accessibility for those who wish to do harm.

But there is massive accessibility for those who wish to do harm.
Unless you are willing to go door to door to confiscate them they will remain out there

We have 328,231,783 people in the USA as of tonight

Auto Fatalities outnumber gun homicide 40,100 in 2017 versus 10,982 Gun Homicides

Lexington and Concord were gun confiscation attempts

how did that go?

Why would it go any better today?

Bearing Arms is a US Constitutional right, You will not change that when Gun Homicides are 0.0033458063992541517% of the population

Also for the first time yesterday, I learnt that you can buy guns in Kroger! It certainly wasn't the case in the Krogers in my part of the world. I knew you can buy them in Walmart, but Kroger was a surprise for me.

'A gunman opened fire at a manufacturing plant in suburban Chicago, killing five people and wounding five police officers before he was fatally shot, police said.'

‘He was bleeding pretty bad’: Fatal Chicago shooting spree
Twas a Gun free zone according to the factory warehouse door sticker

Suspect was a convicted felon in Mississippi back in 95
Somehow legally purchased the handgun in Illinois in 2014
Applied for a CCW permit, State Police discovered the conviction about a 5 years ago

Now here's where the Illinois State Police f'ed up

Instead of going to his home (they had his address after all) they instead sent him a letter telling him to voluntarily surrender the firearm and did no follow up

Unless you are willing to go door to door to confiscate them they will remain out there

We have 328,231,783 people in the USA as of tonight

Auto Fatalities outnumber gun homicide 40,100 in 2017 versus 10,982 Gun Homicides

Lexington and Concord were gun confiscation attempts

how did that go?

Why would it go any better today?

Bearing Arms is a US Constitutional right, You will not change that when Gun Homicides are 0.0033458063992541517% of the population
OK, perhaps there are so many guns in the US it would be too much work to confiscate them.

Twas a Gun free zone according to the factory warehouse door sticker

Suspect was a convicted felon in Mississippi back in 95
Somehow legally purchased the handgun in Illinois in 2014
Applied for a CCW permit, State Police discovered the conviction about a 5 years ago

Now here's where the Illinois State Police f'ed up

Instead of going to his home (they had his address after all) they instead sent him a letter telling him to voluntarily surrender the firearm and did no follow up
I thought that there were so many guns in the US that a policy of confiscation wouldn't work? After all, criminals can always get guns, so why waste effort on fruitless gun confiscation programs just to help a few snowflakes feel better about themselves?

And before you start frothing about me planning to confiscate your guns, I haven't said that. I'm perfectly willing to accept the idea that Americans are inherently homicidal maniacs and there's nothing to be done about it.