Mass Shootings in the US

The problem with gun banners is ‘projection’

These are highly emotional people who don’t trust their own ability to control their emotions, and assume everyone lacks their self control.
What gun banners are really saying is.....’ I couldn’t trust myself not to go tonto if I had access to a firearm, so we need to ban guns to eliminate that risk’
Fair point. Given the chance, I'd shoot those two belters who brought rifles into a restaurant but I think it would be a mercy killing.

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Me on why Venezuela is a really shit example to cite in defence of lax firearms laws.

Because simply put Venezuela is a failed state.

A law that is not enforced, or cannot be enforced is a law in name only.

Venezuela is an institutional failure, corrption is endemic, 98% of all crimes fail to reach prosecution and the police, army, judiaciary, and politicians have a hand in all of it.

The police run death squads, killing 8,000 alone last year, are actively involved in the drugs trade, supply weapons to prisoners and criminals and fail to enforce laws of any sort.

The army runs its own Drugs Cartel -"Cartel of the Suns"

Cartel of the Suns - Wikipedia

Even the current President's family is involved in the drugs trade, his two nephews are currently banged up in the US for trading drugs to get money to keep their family in power.

Narcosobrinos incident - Wikipedia

It is not simply enough to say that Venezuela has banned guns and they haven't stopped violent gun so banning Guns doesn't work, without understanding the utter cluster **** that the country is.

The ironic part is that the world thinks we Americans are prone to violence....

I have family in NH, they keep guns in the house, including a loaded handgun to hand.
Violent Americans? Not really, but unlike the UK where the most dangerous animal you might find in the back yard is next doors dog, they have far more sporty ones to consider.

And this is something the 'why do Americans need guns' effete Europeans don't grasp, whereas the only remaining 4 legged predator across much of Europe is a red fox, in many States, including urban areas, Americans have Cougars, Bobcats, Bears, Coyotes and Wolves to consider.

whereas the only remaining 4 legged predator across much of Europe is a red fox,
Not round my neck of the woods, the wolf has been spreading across Germany from Poland for some years now, so far that I'm now in a designated wolf area and I'm only 30ks from the Cloggy border. then there's the lynx in the Harz mountains. The wild boar population has got out of hand, and they regularly invade residential areas.

I have family in NH, they keep guns in the house, including a loaded handgun to hand.
Violent Americans? Not really, but unlike the UK where the most dangerous animal you might find in the back yard is next doors dog, they have far more sporty ones to consider.

And this is something the 'why do Americans need guns' effete Europeans don't grasp, whereas the only remaining 4 legged predator across much of Europe is a red fox, in many States, including urban areas, Americans have Cougars, Bobcats, Bears, Coyotes and Wolves to consider.
You are also leaving out Trash Pandas, which can be a right pita.
Moose can be a bit of worry at times.

We had the tacticool discussion already.

The purpose of the tacticool gear is to make storage and reloading as uncomplicated as possible. That set up in the previous picture is pretty hard to feck up. Pistol magazines on the left front and rifle magazines in the left rear. As most of these folks prob understand this is a one way trip, they won't bother with a dump pouch to clutter things up. Nor the myriad of other gear. Same with the plate carriers. So it depends on the skill of the individual, but it still easier than digging through pants pockets or hauling around a backpack full of crap.

30 Rounds is the NATO standard for 5.56, but the 20 rounders can be more practical. The problem with limited capacity magazines it that it also applies to pistols as well. Ten rounds of 9mm ain't worth feck all if you have to use it. You could put 5-7 rounds into a person before they go down hard if not more.
It seems to me that there is the view within some of the US gun owning community that they see themselves as wannabe warriors.

I appreciate that many of them are probably ex veterans so should 'know their stuff' and keep up to scratch with guns and their use.

However, and I may have got this wrong, in the US there are those who appear to see themselves as Rambo esque neo mercenary 3 percenter gung ho militia warriors which I don't see as prevalent here in the UK, and possibly in most of Europe (though eastern Europe seems to have it's share of gung ho nuts). Because of this there's a big market for blinged up guns, tacticool gear of web belts/vests/holsters etc., , how to make silencers, the best bullet for killing zombies etc., etc., which feeds off and perpetuates this gung ho tacti cool warrior mentality for many.

Your post above and previously going on about gear and stuff is a part of that.

I appreciate that this is just a segment of the gun owning community but I feel it could be a factor in the gun debate as well as a possible influence in mass shootings. (and no I'm not an expert on this, I'm just giving my musings).

And the other danger in this is that a mentaility may have developed in many that a shoot out is the answer since it's them against the overbearing government, police or just any other hombre they don't agree with.

Though I should think some, if not many, may actually get a rude awakening when the bullets start flying their way or they start getting hit, bit like the fat knacker of a delusional dude in my post #8,097 who after killing two deputies with his pistol, retrieved his tactical vest and AR whatever and rushed out and starting shooting as though he was in some Nam or SWAT fire fight. I bet he thought his wet dream of being in a proper shoot out to settle an argument was coming true, until it came to a crashing end when he was wounded and then threw his rifle down.

It seems to me that there is the view within some of the US gun owning community that they see themselves as wannabe warriors.

I appreciate that many of them are probably ex veterans so should 'know their stuff' and keep up to scratch with guns and their use.

However, and I may have got this wrong, in the US there are those who appear to see themselves as Rambo esque neo mercenary 3 percenter gung ho militia warriors which I don't see as prevalent here in the UK, and possibly in most of Europe (though eastern Europe seems to have it's share of gung ho nuts). Because of this there's a big market for blinged up guns, tacticool gear of web belts/vests/holsters etc., , how to make silencers, the best bullet for killing zombies etc., etc., which feeds off and perpetuates this gung ho tacti cool warrior mentality for many.

Your post above and previously going on about gear and stuff is a part of that.

I appreciate that this is just a segment of the gun owning community but I feel it could be a factor in the gun debate as well as a possible influence in mass shootings. (and no I'm not an expert on this, I'm just giving my musings).

And the other danger in this is that a mentaility may have developed in many that a shoot out is the answer since it's them against the overbearing government, police or just any other hombre they don't agree with.

Though I should think some, if not many, may actually get a rude awakening when the bullets start flying their way or they start getting hit, bit like the fat knacker of a delusional dude in my post #8,097 who after killing two deputies with his pistol, retrieved his tactical vest and AR whatever and rushed out and starting shooting as though he was in some Nam or SWAT fire fight. I bet he thought his wet dream of being in a proper shoot out to settle an argument was coming true, until it came to a crashing end when he was wounded and then threw his rifle down.

Some tacticool gear is pretty practical. Some of the weapons lights are pretty handy, I know I prefer to have one on my pistol then go back to the flashlight in left hand an handgun in the right. Red Dot sights are pretty nice to, makes acquisition a bit faster which is helpful. In that way yes I can be quite the geardo. Now mounting a PEQ-15 on my AR is well a waste of money, because why in the **** would I need one? Same with a bumpstock, why am I trying to sustain a rof my rifle was not built for? So I can burn my barrel out that much faster, or just waste rounds suppressing paper and prairie dogs?

That guy in the video was a moron, he should have just barricaded himself in his house. Getting tagged in the real world is a bit of a life altering event, which he discovered quickly. But hand it to LE for not killing him.

I've seen some pretty desperate failing arguments, but the following ones posted here have really got to take the cake.

"Americans will be devoured by wild animals if they don't have a Glock 19 in their bed side table." One wonders how Canadians and Scandinavians manage to survive.

"Law abiding Americans are perfectly safe from being murdered and are as safe as Canadians." This assertion somehow fits into the same brain at the same time as "Unlike Canadians, law abiding Americans will be murdered by hooligans and criminals if they do not go about armed to the teeth at all times, and there is nothing to be done about it because America is in a virtual state of internal war." The same person manages to utter both assertions without seeing any contradiction between them. The doublethink here is stunning.

Three points on the magazine discussion.

1) It is possible that the Tuscan shooter may have actually killed more folks had he used a standard or limited capacity magazine, extended magazines are known for being unreliable. And, indeed, this is exactly what happened, he was tackled when feed problem disabled his weapon and before he could remedy the stoppage. It doesn’t take that long to reload a pistol which is working, even when only partially skilled,

2). As has been observed, the effectiveness of the magazine capacity is limited, as spree shooters tend to come equipped with more ammunition and magazines than they use. However, as a generally law abiding homeowner, I am not in the habit of tooling myself up in the normal run of things. When i’m at home in my pajamas, I carry precisely zero spare magazines. Basically, what’s in my firearm is all I get. In return for a dubious benefit in spree shooting situations, there is a very definite liability imposed upon collateral citizens.

3. Although 3D-printed firearms are still sufficiently pricey (especially for a highly reliable one) that it is a novelty and thus nobody really does it, 3D printed magazines are far cheaper to make. Even the spring, apparently, can be 3D printed, damned if I know how it works. That’s a pretty simple workaround, even before the earlier-mentioned issue of the amount already in circulation. I alone have a couple score of the things, even in a State where the manufacture and import of them is prohibited. (Acquisition or possession is not, it’s one of many strange laws in California with respoect to firearms)

Last edited:
Not round my neck of the woods, the wolf has been spreading across Germany from Poland for some years now, so far that I'm now in a designated wolf area and I'm only 30ks from the Cloggy border. then there's the lynx in the Harz mountains. The wild boar population has got out of hand, and they regularly invade residential areas.
We’re getting a bit of an issue with wild boar too, but the solution is obviously to tell people not to annoy wild boar, ban more guns and ban hunting.

A Representative Republic *is* a Democracy, idiot.
If you want to argue an arcane point, so is nazism.

Now, in your own time, explain the basic and fundamental difference between a representative republic and a popular democracy, a form of government the US founding fathers explicitly rejected.