Mass Shootings in the US

I understand a fair amount; one of the reasons I didn’t suggest a ban.

Out of interest, what would it take for you to give up your guns personally?
Apologies was at the dentist, learning about what it feels like to be waterboarded.

Alzheimer’s or death. 1/4 of my firearms were given to me by family members. The memories can’t be replaced by money.

@LJONESY I`m sure you agree your country has a huge problem with the almost daily mass murders , what would your solution be to reduce this ?

Institute a waiting period for a few days unless you have a CC permit.

More concealed carry holders to confront mass shooters as quickly as possible.

Public execution for those that commit these crimes and survive.

Stop glorifying the shooters who think this is a video game, and just an opportunity to up the score.

Better train mental health professionals to spot the dangerous crazies, and not ignore them.

Since I am an ISTJ and upon further thought, one would also need to seriously consider removing progressives from the debate in the first place. They are the folks who also ensure changes will never occur. Their only solution is to ban everything and move the goal post as quickly as possible. We can’t have restrictions because instead of having one clear standard for all, it will be twisted so nobody can legally own anything. Look at California’s concealed carry laws. Their is no trust in the Democratic Party because disarming the American people is one of their stated goals. Bit by bit until nothing can be owned by anybody. They are one of the biggest obstacles to change and their own worst enemy.

Trump has been the worst enemy of the gun industry as of late, while BO was their best friend. If people don’t think they will nbe able to buy firearms legally any numpty will get one. While the more hardcore and vetted gun owners like me, continue to collect at a steady pace. The diffence though is that I have been vetted by the State and am less of a risk then people like Helm and Civvy Scum.

Last edited:
If this is the US and you just go straight in, how do you know which tooled-up lunatic with a gun to shoot? After all, there are supposedly all these armed polite people going after the bad guy on their own initiative presenting you with the potential problem of sorting out who shot who and who starting shooting first.

I'm not taking a pop at you, I'm just pointing out the potential problem when concept 'A' (everyone is armed and ready to go off half cocked) runs into concept 'B' (police rush in and look for someone with a gun).
Fair question, all I can say is that there aren't as many armed citizens about as the media would have you think for one. Most of the places where these shooting have happened are also "No Gun" zones. But for the sake of the discussion, the armed person would probably have already taken the shooter out by the arrival of the police. Most, I think, would be throwing their hands up as soon as the police showed. If not, then it's going to be an unfortunate accident, no 2 ways about it.

There's been firearms readily available in this country for over 200 years, "assault rifles" since the 60's, earlier if you count an M-1 Carbine with a 30 round magazine, high capacity pistols since the 60s and 70s as well (earlier really but Brownings didn't really catch on until then). The question should be why these shootings are happening now?

Fair question, all I can say is that there aren't as many armed citizens about as the media would have you think for one. Most of the places where these shooting have happened are also "No Gun" zones. But for the sake of the discussion, the armed person would probably have already taken the shooter out by the arrival of the police. Most, I think, would be throwing their hands up as soon as the police showed. If not, then it's going to be an unfortunate accident, no 2 ways about it.

There's been firearms readily available in this country for over 200 years, "assault rifles" since the 60's, earlier if you count an M-1 Carbine with a 30 round magazine, high capacity pistols since the 60s and 70s as well (earlier really but Brownings didn't really catch on until then). The question should be why these shootings are happening now?
The shooter picked his target well. The gun free zones really make it that much easier for people intent on mayhem. Granted booze and guns don’t make for a great combination.

Stop glorifying the shooters who think this is a video game, and just an opportunity to up the score.

Better train mental health professionals to spot the dangerous crazies, and not ignore them.

Since I am an ISTJ and upon further thought, one would also need to seriously consider removing progressives from the debate in the first place. They are the folks who also ensure changes will never occur. Their only solution is to ban everything and move the goal post as quickly as possible. We can’t have restrictions because instead of having one clear standard for all, it will be twisted so nobody can legally own anything. Look at California’s concealed carry laws. Their is no trust in the Democratic Party because disarming the American people is one of their stated goals. Bit by bit until nothing can be owned by anybody. They are one of the biggest obstacles to change and their own worst enemy.

Trump has been the worst enemy of the gun industry as of late, while BO was their best friend. If people don’t think they will nbe able to buy firearms legally any numpty will get one. While the more hardcore and vetted gun owners like me, continue to collect at a steady pace. The diffence though is that I have been vetted by the State and am less of a risk then people like Helm and Civvy Scum.
Yeay more idiots shooting wildly.

But most shot themselves so how would that deter them? Great public execution again now.

How about better regulations around registration of each gun owned and allowing the police to check it. Regular re-registration of gun license or even having a license in some places. I know crazy, better let kiddies die than that.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer

Ok, exactly how am I a risk? Please try and give a coherent answer, a big ask I know.

Yeay more idiots shooting wildly.

But most shot themselves so how would that deter them? Great public execution again now.

How about better regulations around registration of each gun owned and allowing the police to check it. Regular re-registration of gun license or even having a license in some places. I know crazy, better let kiddies die than that.

Yes, and then register and license knives, and axes, and baseball bats.
And why stop there?
Register and license all sticks, sticks can be used as clubs or even sharpened!
Perhaps we can have an assault stick ban?

Even more polite if we load up with grenades I guess
And Arclight on call for when the etiquette lesson really needs emphasis.

Ok, exactly how am I a risk? Please try and give a coherent answer, a big ask I know.
I'd also like an answer to that question. Allowing that I live on the other side of the Atlantic and own no guns at all and thus it's completely unpossible for me to go on a gun-based killing spree, regardless of whether or not my mental state was tonto.

Unless you mean the idea of gun control is some sort of threat. Although why the vast majority of the civilian population of a civilised country actually need guns on a daily basis is beyond me. Unless you're paranoid, which should be sufficient grounds to bar you from owning any kind of firearm in the first place.

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
“Guns don’t kill people, people kill people.” Well yes, but guns help!
Do any other countries have similar records of mass shootings? What is it about the US culture that makes this such a common occurrence? Other countries have less restrictive gun laws but don’t have the massacres.

This latest attack happened only a few miles away from where some cousins live - All ok, but I think they knew of one of the victims.

Yes, and then register and license knives, and axes, and baseball bats.
And why stop there?
Register and license all sticks, sticks can be used as clubs or even sharpened!
Perhaps we can have an assault stick ban?
And when precisely was there last a double figure mass killing that involved a single nutter using a knife, axe, etc.? How many double figure mass killings of that type occur on an annual basis. What is the annual death toll from those sorts of crime? In comparison to the bloodfest that is modern day well armed and oh so polite 'murica?

Perhaps you should stop posting NRA propaganda? Allowing that the numbers will be subject to rounding, this ought to make any rational person think that something is not quite right in the good ol' US of A:

So giving up my firearms is going to reduce the death toll how?

Any sort of U.K. or Australian style ban would lead to a spike in gun violence and deaths.
Why would that be? When the current gun control regime was implemented in the UK, such a scenario didn't happen. At the risk of answering my own question, why is your citizenry going to react in such an uncivilised fashion?

Note also that after the guns were removed from society, you also wouldn't have the constant 5 figure annual death toll that your country "enjoys".

As gun supporters, the NRA etc have repeatedly said, what's needed is more armed guards in schools, public spaces and other potential targets.

If there'd been an armed former serviceman in that bar, say a US Marine, with a legally held weapon who'd recently passed all the tests for mental illness then this wouldn't have happened, would it?

Sorry Jonesy, I have to ask. Why are American gun owners so stupid that they can't understand the difference between better licensing and control and a ban?
Because they are so stupid?