Mass Shootings in the US

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
If you bothered reading any of the links you put up you would have seen that several children died and thousands had been injured but the Government didn't ban them. One parent lobbied the Government and they found that most of the manufacturers hadn't put the safety warnings on the boxes that they had been told they were mandatory. Then the metal tipped ones got banned, other types are still available. Oddly enough no-one other than the manufacturers fought the ban because no-one needs a lawn dart for work, hunting or self defence.

The whole 'one child got killed and the government banned them' thing is a myth.
mmhmm sure, you didn't read the links then, shocker
CLAIM

The U.S. government banned the sale of lawn darts in the aftermath of a child's death.

RATING

True

I await your next blustering wibble with interest

That information is right there in your links. As is the fact that even though the metal tipped ones are banned, you can still buy them.

CLAIM

The U.S. government banned the sale of lawn darts in the aftermath of a child's death.

RATING

True

I await your next blustering wibble with interest
Try copying and pasting from further up that same link genius;

Three children — ages 4, 7, and 13 — are known to have died in lawn dart-related incidents. An estimated 670 lawn dart injuries are treated each year in U.S. hospital emergency rooms. Three quarters of the injured are under 15 years old. The types of lawn darts associated with the three deaths will be banned by the CPSC action.
Or even try reading your third link.

Nothing says you can't own a vehicle here.....you just have to be able to legally drive it and in the case of a Class C vehicle just pass a basic written test and road test. The Class A and B vehicles require a bit more to be licensed.

I can have it both ways though. Firearms ownership is an enshrined right here. You screw with that at your own peril.

NRA-ILA | Wyoming Gun Laws

Shockingly with our progressive firearms laws here we don't have the issues that are stricter brethren in other states have.
Yeah, it certainly is, just ask the good citizens of NY, New Jersey and California.

The easy way of doing it is to pre-qualify individuals for purchase by having them go to the local police to have an official check those things they tick on the ATF Form 4473. Give them an authority to purchase ID and the problem of underaged, wife beating, junkie, terrorist, criminals buying guns will be somewhat alleviated.

Don't get me wrong, I like shooting as much as anyone but, commonsense needs to kick in here sometime, hopefully.

Yeah, it certainly is, just ask the good citizens of NY, New Jersey and California.

The easy way of doing it is to pre-qualify individuals for purchase by having them go to the local police to have an official check those things they tick on the ATF Form 4473. Give them an authority to purchase ID and the problem of underaged, wife beating, junkie, terrorist, criminals buying guns will be somewhat alleviated.

Don't get me wrong, I like shooting as much as anyone but, commonsense needs to kick in here sometime, hopefully.
The subjects of those states voted for that status in life........but hey they can keep their dildos and weed.

Why do you feel such a strong need to be armed to the teeth to "defend yourself"? Why do people want to kill you?
Why do criminals break laws? Why has man been killing each other since they could walk upright? Why did Cain kill Able? As a species we are hardwired for violence.

Armed to the teeth hardly, it is not the Christmas shopping season. Prepared to defend me and my own yes, a handgun for concealed carry is not looking for a fight.

You are also forgetting the non two legged critters, which can be quite mean.

Why do criminals break laws? Why has man been killing each other since they could walk upright? Why did Cain kill Able? As a species we are hardwired for violence.

Armed to the teeth hardly, it is not the Christmas shopping season. Prepared to defend me and my own yes, a handgun for concealed carry is not looking for a fight.

You are also forgetting the non two legged critters, which can be quite mean.
Why do you, living in Wyoming, feel your life is endangered while most of the rest of use living elsewhere in places like the UK and Canada don't? Are your fellow Americans genuinely more murderous than the average UK or Canadian resident?

Why do you, living in Wyoming, feel your life is endangered while most of the rest of use living elsewhere in places like the UK and Canada don't? Are your fellow Americans genuinely more murderous than the average UK or Canadian resident?
Yes we are. That is a no brainer.

However you are also talking about societal norms that are a holdover from the Viking era. All free men in Norse society were armed it was a status symbol. IF you were not allowed weapons you were a slave.

Nowadays it is the difference between being a Citizen and a Subject. Even my sibling who is a teacher and the most progressive in the family is armed and has pistols and a black rifle.

A man’s duty is to protect his family, and out here a Louisville slugger ain’t gonna cut it. Firearms reign supreme and not owning them puts you in the outsider group. Besides only a window licker handicaps himself against the likely threats you will face. LE response times are not going to be fairly rapid, so a prudent man prepares for that.

Besides having a heavily armed society makes for a very polite one. Everybody knows that bad behavior will get you killed. So fewer people are willing to take those kinds of risks.

However you are also talking about societal norms that are a holdover from the Viking era. All free men in Norse society were armed it was a status symbol. IF you were not allowed weapons you were a slave.

Nowadays it is the difference between being a Citizen and a Subject. Even my sibling who is a teacher and the most progressive in the family is armed and has pistols and a black rifle.

A man’s duty is to protect his family, and out here a Louisville slugger ain’t gonna cut it. Firearms reign supreme and not owning them puts you in the outsider group. Besides only a window licker handicaps himself against the likely threats you will face. LE response times are not going to be fairly rapid, so a prudent man prepares for that.

Besides having a heavily armed society makes for a very polite one. Everybody knows that bad behavior will get you killed. So fewer people are willing to take those kinds of risks.
Why do you think that Americans, such as the ones which live in Wyoming, are more murderous than the average UK or Canadian resident?

Like that’s not happening everyday,

Why do you think that Americans, such as the ones which live in Wyoming, are more murderous than the average UK or Canadian resident?

We are not in touch with our inner feelings and drink Bud Light and Seven and Seven. You’re to pc anymore.

However Wyoming is a pretty tranquil place. To be honest you unskilled ruffians are a bad influence. It’s not that your people don’t try to kill each other, your avg member is society just sucks at it.

The issue is more with LE & Gov't ineptitude & inefficiency than anything else, as the NICS check should highlight those proscribed from purchasing firearms. It sometimes doesn't because of failures by those administering the system.
Not IMO a good reason to put further restrictions on the vast majority.
Look at firearms homicides; More than 80% of the recovered weapons were possessed illegally, which is something no law can fix, though a mandatory 5 year sentence might be a start for illegal possession, rather than a plea-bargained 2yrs probation.

Ask the armed criminals.:roll:

Crimea now belongs to the Russians so nowt to do with EU. It's just that "conventional wisdom" dictates that such shootings can only happen where firearms laws are lax. Definitely not so in that neck of the woods, which could be one reason why American liberals are not interested as that event hardly supports their theories.
As for the EU it was briefly reported on German TV but only the bare facts and without further comment. Almost a a case of being a non event, the same thing happening anywhere in the States would of course be big news, because armed Americans are bad.
I believe that shotgun licenses are comparatively easy to get in Russia, it is rifle and pistol licenses that are harder to qualify for. The guy in Kerch bought a pump shotgun with pistol grip and either no stock or a folding stock, along with 150 rounds of ammunition 2 days before he went on his spree.

You can only get a rifle license after you have had a shotgun license for a number of years, and there may be additional restrictions on top of that.

Shotgun licenses are so much easier to get than rifle licenses in Russia that there are special shotguns designed specifically for the Russian market to take advantage of these rules. Firearms with Paradox rifling are considered to be "shotguns" under Russian regulations. Here are some examples of Russian "shotguns". These are not the one which the fellow in Kerch used (his was more conventional), but they are examples of what can be a "shotgun".

Molot VPO-208 shotgun.

Kalashnikov TG2 shotgun

Kalashnikov TG3 shotgun

Molot VPO-213 shotgun

These all use the 9.55 x 39mm (.366) TKM cartridge, which is designed for guns with Paradox or Lancaster rifling. These may have a bullet (technically a "slug" since it is a shotgun) or shot.

These are made specifically for the Russian market due to the greater difficulty in getting a rifle license and the loophole provided for Paradox rifling.

Again I want to emphasize that the above aren't what the guy in Kerch used, but they are illustrative of how the Russian market isn't as restricted as it may appear at first sight. There appears to be a lot of IPSC style shooting in Russia, and there are conventional rifles and pistols specifically made for that market in Russia.