Mass Shootings in the US

Nothing to do with the U,S, but came across this the other day and wanted to find out if this info chart is true from out UK denizens. @ugly @CptDanjou or anyone else ?

Shame Education didn't teach them to spell gauge.

Nothing to do with the U,S, but came across this the other day and wanted to find out if this info chart is true from out UK denizens. @ugly @CptDanjou or anyone else ?

Yes, that is correct as it stand at the moment.

There is a move for the government to "ban" anti-material rifles (their words) (.50, etc) as they say that there is no reason for civilians to shoot them and MARS (manually activated release systems) otherwise known as lever release as these are considered as rapid firing firearms by the uneducated.

If they are banned then the government has to pay compensation, however if they restrict the sale, import and transference of these firearms, they will die out with receiving any compensation.

The government has already ordered the MoD to ban the use of .50 rifles on military ranges.

Mine would be a final one for those who think their hobby is worth 1 dead kid let alone loads of them
So on that logic, you fully support the ban of privately owned motor transport?
Or how do you live with fact that about 250,000 people die each day as a direct result of the lack of fresh water?
How can 3000 deaths on Sep 11 be worth international air travel?

Last edited:

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
So on that logic, you fully support the ban of privately owned motor transport?
Or how do you live with fact that about 250,000 people die each day as a direct result of the lack of fresh water?
How can 3000 deaths on Sep 11 be worth international air travel?
My that is a nice straw man, did you build it all by yourself or did a grown up help?

ugly

LE

At the moment yes its accurate

I didn't know that, and I am a Yank. But again, why should I know that? Don't live there and am not interested (much) in primaries and crap like that.

All I know about VT is it has good maple syrup (though I still buy Canadian) and good ski resorts.
... and Ben & Jerry's!

You don't know what a straw man is clearly.
He does have a point about the vehicles. Drunk driving is an epidemic, but nobody is going to crack down on vehicles as a result.

Impaired Driving: Get the Facts | Motor Vehicle Safety | CDC Injury Center

I think most rational people realize it is not the fault of the vehicle but of the individual in control of it. Just like those nasty black rifles, and other firearms. It takes a person to pull the trigger, and if they were not available then other means would be used, firearms just make it easier and faster for most people.

You don't know what a straw man is clearly.
He does have a point about the vehicles. Drunk driving is an epidemic, but nobody is going to crack down on vehicles as a result.

Impaired Driving: Get the Facts | Motor Vehicle Safety | CDC Injury Center

I think most rational people realize it is not the fault of the vehicle but of the individual in control of it. Just like those nasty black rifles, and other firearms. It takes a person to pull the trigger, and if they were not available then other means would be used, firearms just make it easier and faster for most people.

Mine would be a final one for those who think their hobby is worth 1 dead kid let alone loads of them
Can anyone name a hobby that hasn’t resulted in at least one child fatality?
I don’t know if you can class “eating sandwiches” as a hobby, but that baguette could be a potential death trap.

Swimming’s pretty lethal, golf can be dangerous, skiing is risky and watching television rates a long term risk.

There may well be a problem with the USA and it’s guns, but you can’t straw man a statement that is already an absurd extremist position.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Can anyone name a hobby that hasn’t resulted in at least one child fatality?
I don’t know if you can class “eating sandwiches” as a hobby, but that baguette could be a potential death trap.

Swimming’s pretty lethal, golf can be dangerous, skiing is risky and watching television rates a long term risk.

There may well be a problem with the USA and it’s guns, but you can’t straw man a statement that is already an absurd extremist position.
Oddly enough Lawn Darts killed one child in the USA and were instantly banned, no special interest groups there I guess