Mass Shootings in the US

Hmm using the FBI Homicide data tables there were only 11,004 Gun Homicides in 2016 out of a population of 322,762,018

Thats 0.0034093230883195185% of the population murdered by Guns

2014- 8,312
2016- 11,004
Expanded Homicide Data Table 4

According to the FBI Murder is up in 2017 1.5% (Preliminary jan to june 2017) Of course that include ALL methods of Homicide not just guns
Table 3
These number are very reassuring, when extended out by average US life expectancy of 78.74 years. Only one in 373 will die as the result of a fiearm murder.

Sensible legislation to deal with issues that put the public at risk. You should consider that.
Oh on some things I am willing to compromise Draz. I have no problem banning bump stocks and all magazines with a capacity that exceeds 30 rounds. Background checks for all transactions minus family or CC permit holders. Hell I could even do a 2-3 day waiting/cool off period before taking possession of a firearm once it has been purchased. But the other side has to come up with reasonable offers as well, besides banning "Assault weapons/Semi Autos etc" blah blah blah.

You had me once but I’m pretty sure I never said that. If I had a wild animal that was intent on killing me then yes I would like a gun. Or preferably be sitting in a tank. But I can honestly say that it’s unlikely for me. How about you.
Who knows - There have been Mountain lion attacks 25 miles from where I sit right now. I have two camping trips in the next 6 weeks (in mountain lion country) and I live in a Urban metro area, where the last time i called 911, it took 30 minutes.

I get you are a hermit and dont go out/live in a utopia - some of us still have lives left to live and also dont want to let the 2 legged predators access to our families. Your post indicated knives are dangerous, but have practical uses, but guns can be banned as they dont have a practical use. You are clearly wrong again.

But it doesnt really matter, as you are only interested in a gun ban.

Oh on some things I am willing to compromise Draz. I have no problem banning bump stocks and all magazines with a capacity that exceeds 30 rounds. Background checks for all transactions minus family or CC permit holders. Hell I could even do a 2-3 day waiting/cool off period before taking possession of a firearm once it has been purchased. But the other side has to come up with reasonable offers as well, besides banning "Assault weapons/Semi Autos etc" blah blah blah.
The other side only wants compromise from the law abiding gun owners - CA started with the stuff you are talking about, the encroachment never stops though.

The other side only wants compromise from the law abiding gun owners - CA started with the stuff you are talking about, the encroachment never stops though.
Yes and that is the problem, no solution will ever be reached because the Liberal goal is total disarmament. Which you and I both know will never fly. I can live without the 100 round drum's, those are more of pain than anything else. Bump stocks do circumvent the law per say, but if it came down to it make it a class 3 item and that will weed out those that can own them.

Yes and that is the problem, no solution will ever be reached because the Liberal goal is total disarmament. Which you and I both know will never fly. I can live without the 100 round drum's, those are more of pain than anything else. Bump stocks do circumvent the law per say, but if it came down to it make it a class 3 item and that will weed out those that can own them.
And before you know it, there is 'may issue' CCW ( which means only politicians/celebrities and major donors), Hand gun safety rosters ( with no new hand guns..because they aren't safe apparently), background checks for ammo, violence taxes on ammo, 10 rd mags only, Bullet button mag releases, background safety fees, no shooting on BLM land because of environmental issues, 11 day waiting periods (regardless of owning other firearms or CCW) and a whole other range of restrictions that you need to be a lawyer to understand.

No more for me. My Semi autos will be registered 'assault weapons' from next month and cant be sold or handed down in the state.

Who knows - There have been Mountain lion attacks 25 miles from where I sit right now. I have two camping trips in the next 6 weeks (in mountain lion country) and I live in a Urban metro area, where the last time i called 911, it took 30 minutes.

I get you are a hermit and dont go out/live in a utopia - some of us still have lives left to live and also dont want to let the 2 legged predators access to our families. Your post indicated knives are dangerous, but have practical uses, but guns can be banned as they dont have a practical use. You are clearly wrong again.

They don't understand or know Socal.

https://www.wyomingnews.com/news/lo...cle_92d02fde-c058-11e7-a31d-dfcbdfe3bd19.html

They can be damn dangerous critters.

And before you know it, there is 'may issue' CCW ( which means only politicians/celebrities and major donors), Hand gun safety rosters ( with no new hand guns..because they aren't safe apparently), background checks for ammo, violence taxes on ammo, 10 rd mags only, Bullet button mag releases, background safety fees, no shooting on BLM land because of environmental issues, 11 day waiting periods (regardless of owning other firearms or CCW) and a whole other range of restrictions that you need to be a lawyer to understand.

No more for me. My Semi autos will be registered 'assault weapons' from next month and cant be sold or handed down in the state.
Hand gun safety roster?? Please tell me what that is all about?

The state of California requires all handguns to pass certain " safety requirement " prior to being approved for sale to the public .
And one of the safety requirements for new models, involve microstamping each bullet and case... you know... 'Standard features' on your average Glock.

Microstamping & Ballistic Identification in California | Giffords Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence

That POS schwzenegger signed it as well.

There are no new models of pistol for sale in CA - hasn't been in 10 years or so. We are stuck on Gen3 Glocks.

Old prepper/survivalist tip Sapper - before venturing into the countryside, thouroughly rub yourself all over with a piece of raw steak. You'll then be able to walk among dangerous carnivores in complete safety. I always do this and I've never been attacked by badgers, our largest meat eater.

Old prepper/survivalist tip Sapper - before venturing into the countryside, thouroughly rub yourself all over with a piece of raw steak. You'll then be able to walk among dangerous carnivores in complete safety. I always do this and I've never been attacked by badgers, our largest meat eater.
We can only hope your trusted method fails one day...

And one of the safety requirements for new models, involve microstamping each bullet and case... you know... 'Standard features' on your average Glock.

Microstamping & Ballistic Identification in California | Giffords Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence

That POS schwzenegger signed it as well.

There are no new models of pistol for sale in CA - hasn't been in 10 years or so. We are stuck on Gen3 Glocks.
Gen 3 only!! How barbaric. You poor out of date heathens.

Gen 3 only!! How barbaric. You poor out of date heathens.
Its ok... its for 'safety' reasons. No new Sigs either, no M&P 2.0s, VP9s. Unless you are law enforcement. Obviously they can handle these dangerous firearms..

What about 20 round magazines? If it was good enough in Vietnam?

Why would you need 30rds of 5.56? Unless your in LE, or military?

Its ok... its for 'safety' reasons. No new Sigs either, no M&P 2.0s, VP9s. Unless you are law enforcement. Obviously they can handle these dangerous firearms..
You can always leave.

I don't believe the term "designed to kill" is that inaccurate. From the very beginings of the development of firearms, their primary purpose was seen in their ability to kill or injure "opponents" at a greater distance. The same can't be said for knives, which were specifically developed primarily as helpful tools.

MsG
The primary purpose for the original firearms was as a helpful tool for remodelling castle walls, so the attackers could get in and stab the people inside with knives. Only later developments facilitated the ability to target people directly.

What stage of the design process do you want to pick on?

Swords were developed from knives with the express purpose of killing people. Is an epee or a foil designed to kill, on that basis? Or are they exempt because they derived from tools? Or because they cannot cause injury? How about a federschwert?