Mass Shootings in the US

Did you ever realize that we do come up with solutions to our own problems, that don't involve mass firearm confiscation?
You may well come up with solutions to your own problems, but the annually rising death toll by gun violence in the US doesn't appear to indicate that... (and no, I don't include the average 22.000 plus suicides involving firearms in that number).

Again thinking, what is Mrs Sweetcheeks, the primary school teacher and NRA member who really does not know how complex and stressful conflict situations are, inadvertently shoots innocents by the magazine full because she is frightened? Dont say that scenario is unrealistic It is only a matter of time.
Well we are still waiting to see if the professionals in Texas managed to take anybody out in their 25 minute gun battle with the shooter.

Educate me, are weapons capable of automatic fire or semi-automatic fire legal in USA?
Semi automatic small arms are largely legal for private ownership in all states, with some restrictions on design and magazine capacity in several, and some with paperwork restrictions.

Fully Automatic small arms are governed by the National Firearms Act, which require them to have a tax stamp from BAFTE, prior to taking possession, which comes with some degree of reporting requirements once owned. They cannot be sold or traded without a repeat of the same process, nor can they be destroyed or taken across state lines again without paperwork reporting to BAFTE. They are further restricted by a ban on the sale of any automatic weapon manufactured post 1986, which in all reality makes them very scarce and extremely expensive to buy, and restrictive to actually take possession of. But after all that, they could be legally owned. Again, if the state the person lived in allowed. Some states do not allow possession of class 3 small arms systems (as designated by the NFA).

I'll give you a other stat often brought up here. As a group, those people with concealed carry permits are less likely, statistically, to be involved in a crime (any crime) than the general population, and funnily enough Law Enforcement Officers. As a section of society CCW permit holders are one of the lowest sections involved in any recorded crime figures.

The primary reasoning goes that knowing you have the option of lethal force, makes some groups of people far more interested in de-escalation and consideration/respect for others than those who exist largely defenseless. Smarter people than me can validate or not that assumption.

Again thinking, what is Mrs Sweetcheeks, the primary school teacher and NRA member who really does not know how complex and stressful conflict situations are, inadvertently shoots innocents by the magazine full because she is frightened? Dont say that scenario is unrealistic It is only a matter of time.
There is a possibility of an armed civilian hitting someone else by accident, same as there is of cops doing it. But it didn't happen in any of the active shooter incidents stopped by armed civilians in 2016 and 2017.

Educate me, are weapons capable of automatic fire or semi-automatic fire legal in USA?
They can be so can owning Tanks, Fighter planes like Mustangs and even Cannon with the right permits.

The point is though You cannot see why it should be allowed we in the USA have allowed it. In the 84 years of the National Firearms Acts existence, and with its over 380K registered Full Autos only 3 times have crimes been done with registered full autos.

All 3 utilized MAC-11's

All 3 were in the 70's-80's

2 were by Police Officers to Murder Confidential Informants
1 by a doctor to kill a love rival, another doctor

Thats 0.0007894736842105263% of the registry

Sorry but people dont buy a registered Thompson and bimble down to the 7-11 to rob Apu with a US$50K M1928A1

Hollywood aside

They can be so can owning Tanks, Fighter planes like Mustangs and even Cannon with the right permits.

The point is though You cannot see why it should be allowed we in the USA have allowed it. In the 84 years of the National Firearms Acts existence, and with its over 380K registered Full Autos only 3 times have crimes been done with registered full autos.

All 3 utilized MAC-11's

Sorry but people dont buy a registered Thompson and bimble down to the 7-11 to rob Apu with a US$50K M1928A1

Hollywood aside
Really?just 3 times?

All 3 utilized MAC-11's

Hollywood aside
I did say semi-automatic weapons too. I think the fatalities for semi-automatics are significantly higher too.

It is legal to own a spitfire aircraft in UK, provided that the machine guns are deactivated.

Would you spend thousand of dollars and a year to get a Class III permit, tens of thousands more for the registered firearm and then rob or Murder with it?
I did say semi-automatics too.

I did say semi-automatic weapons too. I think the fatalities for semi-automatics are significantly higher too.

It is legal to own a spitfire aircraft in UK, provided that the machine guns are deactivated.
I am surprised, no one needs one of those.

Legally owned machine guns have been used in two, possibly three homicides in the US since the '86 ban & one or possibly two of those responsible was a Police officer.

Semi auto rifles capable of killing are legal in the UK.

They may not be super duper deadly but a rimfire rifle is lethal at ranges normally seen in mass shootings.

Let's just be honest. Gun owners in America are perfectly fine with the status quo. Any suggestion that rules can be tightened or improved are immediately seen as "taking guns away from us so the government can take all of our rights away"

I'm rapidly reaching the point of "f*ck it, stop trying to reason with them, let them just shoot it out on the streets and whoever gets killed, tough shit"

You may well come up with solutions to your own problems, but the annually rising death toll by gun violence in the US doesn't appear to indicate that... (and no, I don't include the average 22.000 plus suicides involving firearms in that number).
It's not a "rising death toll". It's actually pretty much static, despite the population increase.
Homicides involving firearms are actually at about their lowest since some time in the 1960's.