Mass Shootings in the US

You seem to think that anyone with an interest in firearms has a mental health issue.
......and the fruitcake with more guns and ammo than the Alamo isn't a contender for the funny farm? FFS nobody in the world needs or could use that much firepower, its obscene. You lot in the colonies need to re-evaluate your lifestyle choices, and stop comparing gun ownership with cock size, the bigger the gun, the bigger the.........
As you've got a dick you must be a rapist, you've been near children then you must be a kiddy fiddler. You own a car so you must be a drunk driver. There's acid in your car battery then you must be planning an acid attack.
So when are you going to hand yourself into the police you kiddy fiddling, raping drunk driver?

Sent from my Lenovo TB2-X30F using Tapatalk

As you've got a dick you must be a rapist, you've been near children then you must be a kiddy fiddler. You own a car so you must be a drunk driver. There's acid in your car battery then you must be planning an acid attack.
So when are you going to hand yourself into the police you kiddy fiddling, raping drunk driver?

Sent from my Lenovo TB2-X30F using Tapatalk
Wilfred old son, your logic emulates your avatar, nobody in the world, maybe a government or two, needs or requires the amount of kit that lady had in her house.

The Lieutenant Governor in Texas sounds like he's off on a cause, but actually he's got a couple of good points.
Except that all of those are present in societies with much lower levels of violence let alone gun crime.

......and this was only one of many gun owners, multiply this across all the USA, and the on-going murder of school kids, and innocent shoppers will continue until the 2nd amendment is revoked,....so.....not any time soon.
The second amendment will never be revoked. IIRC from previous posts it would require a 2/3 majority of all of the states to do so hence you are quite correct.

It will be "re-imagined" as soon as politicians find it expedient to do so. I doubt that many politicians are so keen on protecting the rights of gun nuts that they'd be willing to sacrifice their careers.

It all depends on how well organised the anti-gun brigade can become before the US elections in November. At the moment they seem to be fragmented into small, largely ineffective groups like Everytown and Moms Against Guns. Compared with the lobbying leviathan that is the NRA, their efforts are hopelessly inadequate.

Nobody wants to see these massacres and virtually nobody believes that the status quo will reduce the killings. As I stated in a previous post, if a lot of pro gun politicians lose their seats in November then the rest will be climbing over one another to approve gun control legislation before the presidential elections. If that doesn't happen, then American voters have nobody to blame but themselves.

The Lieutenant Governor in Texas sounds like he's off on a cause, but actually he's got a couple of good points.

Violent video games (and not reported here but violent media especially those who portray violent characters in film and TV), broken families, irresponsible gun owners, all contribute to the "culture" of guns and the seeming lack of consequences.

Not sure where removing religion from schools and the number of abortions fit in, but he seems to speak well

Texas lieutenant governor blames abortions and violent video games for school shootings, but not guns
He is an idiot.

He seems keen on the 2A but not the separation of religion and the state (“taking religion out of schools”) so he is pretty selective about the constitution.

Video games have nothing to do with spree/school killers. Reactionary politicians have blamed virtually every type of media for violence (comics, bubble gum cards, TV, films, the internet, video games etc).

And yet, despite the increasing availability and proliferation of more violent films, TV and games, crime/murder is dropping in most Western societies.

Ironically the overall reduction in crime/murder in the US can (in all probability) be partially attributed to the rise in abortions following Wade v Roe. Two generations of potential criminals have been hosed away.

Says the disarmed , scared Brit. Generalizations don’t help.
Who's scared? When I sent my kids off to school the only real worry I had about them was traffic. They have never needed to be taught what to do in case of a school shooter, never seen one on the news, never had to have a clear backpack to stop weapons being smuggled in - what's scary about that?

And when I visit the US my hosts tell me what I need to do should I ever get stopped by the police to avoid the possibility that I'll be shot should they think I'm going for a gun. Guess what, back in the UK getting shot by plod does not worry me at all.

If you own 8 or more firearms
Who he F*** needs more than
Says the disarmed , scared Brit. Generalizations don’t help.
Don't need guns where I live, nobody else has them, only the local farmers, i can walk the streets knowing that I am not going to get slotted by a nutter with a semi automatic, or hand gun. To be disarmed, you have to have held firearms on licence to start with. We here in Albion (Google it) can walk without fear of spams with attitude.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Who's scared? When I sent my kids off to school the only real worry I had about them was traffic. They have never needed to be taught what to do in case of a school shooter, never seen one on the news, never had to have a clear backpack to stop weapons being smuggled in - what's scary about that?

And when I visit the US my hosts tell me what I need to do should I ever get stopped by the police to avoid the possibility that I'll be shot should they think I'm going for a gun. Guess what, back in the UK getting shot by plod does not worry me at all.

Our police are routinely armed and only once, no I’m wrong twice have I had a police firearm pointed in my direction.
Both times by drunks.

And yet in Northern Ireland where over 10,000 people are walking around with a personal protection weapon and 50,000 other people own firearms (the highest rate in the UK) we still haven't had an active shooter incident. On the Mainland after they banned semi-autos then banned handguns they had another active shooter incident using a shotgun and a .22 rifle.

I would also like to see one of these famous videos of heavily armed men walking into schools and no-one being able to do anything about it. You keep telling people these videos exist but yet no-one else has ever seen one.
Nobody has ever been shot in Northern Ireland?

Mind you they prefer bombs over there