Mass Shootings in the US

Let’s have a look, shall we?

Transporting a Firearm Into / Through the State of New Jersey | New Jersey State Police Firearms Information

Maryland is broadly the same and even D.C. can be safely navigated as long as you’re not an utter gowl about it.

Their state, their rules. It’s curious how some 2A fetishists get all drippy about ‘small’ government here (non-Federal) when they exercise their ‘States Rights’. They’re all ******* libertarians until it’s their school district or infrastructure project, hospital or library that’s cut.

Know the rules when crossing state lines and act accordingly. You know...that whole responsibility thing? Yeah. That.
I lived on the Maryland/PA border and popped into the weigh station to speak with the state police there when intending to travel through the State. They told me it was effectively OK, but to be a tad wary of over enthusiasm on the part of some of their colleagues. I sent an email to the State Police HQ and received a response clearing my intended travel and carried that with me in a file - pistols were locked in a Pelican case with two seperately keyed padlocks, keys for which were locked in a lock-box, and the key for that in a ziplock locked in the glove box - the pelican case was locked and chained into the load-space of the SUV.

The same State Police, admittedly Maryland, told me to avoid the Beltway and anything DC. An acquaintance of mine in Alexandria who works for the office of 'someone in the fed structure' also advised against travel through DC just in case I had a puncture, was involved in an accident, or attacked by a band of roving Cheyenne. Because the last thing I needed to be doing was explaining to the police who I was and why I had 'guns'.

The NJ problem is such that the people who took the wrong road were invariably carrying a loaded concealed firearm - because their concealed permit said they can. I believe to be legal to transit through NJ they need to be unloaded and locked away.

I have never had an issue. I take responsibility for transporting potentially lethal items and munitions and always travel with said items locked inside a locked and chained pelican case. That way I can never get into trouble. An instructor friend of mine has gone a step further and installed a proper small office type safe in the back of his pick-up suitably welded/framed in and camouflaged, also with a roller top to the bed of the pick up.

You can travel to most states with firearms, you just need to play it very safe with some.

Last edited:
Let’s have a look, shall we?

Transporting a Firearm Into / Through the State of New Jersey | New Jersey State Police Firearms Information

Maryland is broadly the same and even D.C. can be safely navigated as long as you’re not an utter gowl about it.

Their state, their rules. It’s curious how some 2A fetishists get all drippy about ‘small’ government here (non-Federal) when they exercise their ‘States Rights’. They’re all ******* libertarians until it’s their school district or infrastructure project, hospital or library that’s cut.

Know the rules when crossing state lines and act accordingly. You know...that whole responsibility thing? Yeah. That.
Normally I agree with you but if you can be convicted of a felony for taking a wrong turn or trying to pass through that state with your legally owned firearms... it’s crazy. I would never move to those leftist holes, but try and pass through on the way to somewhere else... there is no common sense.

And this coming from someone dumb enough to live in CA.

Last edited:
Normally I agree with you but if you can be convicted of a felony for taking a wrong turn or trying to pass through that state with your legally owned firearms... is crazy. I would never move to those leftist holes, but try and pass through on the way to somewhere else... there is no common sense.

But you have money and tanned women everywhere!

As I've already pointed out, I have done. There are any amount of detailed reports from the ONS and Home Office that run to a dozen pages or more. I've read them. The issue is they don't go back further than the mid 2000s. There are older reports available that cover the right period but they don't specify homicide by weapon type. Which is why I asked you to show where you got the information from.

You carack on keep repeating that as much as you want, it doesn't make it true. Still, I suppose it's easier than admitting the '5 minute google' to find the stats was bollocks ;)
Still denying the inescapable.

You just carry on...:roll:

Don't panic Oddbod.

You are British and have therefore won first prize in the lottery of life.

For you, this is a liberal.

Rest assured that Vince and the other liberals do not want to take your guns. Not least because, aside from the odd fowling piece, you're not likely to have any guns worth worrying about in the UK.
Oh I dunno.
I have a rather nice Accuracy international for starters & a rather posh hunting jobbie:

DSC_1145.JPG

DSC_1366 (2) (Medium).jpg

Oh & then there's the .22 & the shotguns....:razz:

....... The man had a record of 113 arrests since he was 16. It is unclear why a person with his record was on probation rather than serving a custodial sentence. The officers canine partner was also shot but survived surgery at a vets and is being retired into the care of a retired police canine officer.
This kind of "liberal" attitude towards criminals kills & damages more people than increased gun control could ever "save".
The same screamers for more "gun control" are the ones who advocate & administer lenient sentences to scum who should be spending their lives behind bars, or preferably no longer living.

I lived on the Maryland/PA border and popped into the weigh station to speak with the state police there when intending to travel through the State. They told me it was effectively OK, but to be a tad wary of over enthusiasm on the part of some of their colleagues. I sent an email to the State Police HQ and received a response clearing my intended travel and carried that with me in a file - pistols were locked in a Pelican case with two seperately keyed padlocks, keys for which were locked in a lock-box, and the key for that in a ziplock locked in the glove box - the pelican case was locked and chained into the load-space of the SUV.

The same State Police, admittedly Maryland, told me to avoid the Beltway and anything DC. An acquaintance of mine in Alexandria who works for the office of 'someone in the fed structure' also advised against travel through DC just in case I had a puncture, was involved in an accident, or attacked by a band of roving Cheyenne. Because the last thing I needed to be doing was explaining to the police who I was and why I had 'guns'.

The NJ problem is such that the people who took the wrong road were invariably carrying a loaded concealed firearm - because their concealed permit said they can. I believe to be legal to transit through NJ they need to be unloaded and locked away.

I have never had an issue. I take responsibility for transporting potentially lethal items and munitions and always travel with said items locked inside a locked and chained pelican case. That way I can never get into trouble. An instructor friend of mine has gone a step further and installed a proper small office type safe in the back of his pick-up suitably welded/framed in and camouflaged, also with a roller top to the bed of the pick up.

You can travel to most states with firearms, you just need to play it very safe with some.

This.
The NJ statutes do have some flex but you’re right when you say that some of the cops are mongs about it. In my experience their ‘discretion’ is directly proportional to the amount of ‘sovereign citizen’ bollocks the directionally challenged driver tries to pull.

Simple as ****. Don’t get pulled over in the first place by driving like a knob.

‘Spontaneous utterances’ are the Captain’s cloak of law enforcement.

Normally I agree with you but if you can be convicted of a felony for taking a wrong turn or trying to pass through that state with your legally owned firearms... is crazy. I would never move to those leftist holes, but try and pass through on the way to somewhere else... there is no common sense.

You comply with your state laws, no?
This is all this is.

There was me thinking that Wyoming is pure unadulterated nature. Maybe all that coal that you burn is responsible.
Says he living next to the worlds biggest open cast mine and just down the road from the Ruhr.
Well to be quite honest Winter lasts forever here, the only month I have not seen it snow is August. The Air quality is great though, the wonderful thing about Coal is we just sell it to everybody else!!

Still denying the inescapable.

You just carry on...:roll:
Denying what? I've made it clear that I can't find the statistics on handgun murders before and after the ban. That's why I'm asking you for them, given you are so happy to claim that they increased after the ban.

It is amusing that you have put so many content-free posts in here, despite the '5 minutes googling' it would take to find the statistics. Unless of course you were talking bollocks?

Ten killed in shooting at Ore. community college

To take a leaf from the UK's book of good intentions, a doctor's declaration relating to the sanity of the citizen attempting to acquire firearms before any purchase can be made. You might get it under Obamacare.
No doctor in the U.S.A. would issue such a letter simply because if the holder of said letter shot someone deliberately or accidentally , the doctor would end up being sued and their insurance costs are already enormous .