Mass Shootings in the US

From their headline:
Take the politics out of it. By the numbers, what would we gain – and lose – if all firearms suddenly were wiped off the face of the planet?
Answer, simples someone would re-invent them, they're not exactly rocket science. The modern cartridge on which all firearms are based is more than 150 years old. Muzzle loaders are a tad older, about as old as black powder.

From their headline:
Take the politics out of it. By the numbers, what would we gain – and lose – if all firearms suddenly were wiped off the face of the planet?
Answer, simples someone would re-invent them, they're not exactly rocket science. The modern cartridge on which all firearms are based is more than 150 years old. Muzzle loaders are a tad older, about as old as black powder.
They also said that as part of this there was no way of getting them back. Obviously it’s hypothetical.

Having read the link, it seems almost like a joint Darwin/EM op, although the removal rate from the gene pool was a bit low. Must try harder.
I think it is a case of get to the Fucki*ng range and conduct some drills. One of the most annoying things to me is the folks who want to own these kinds of weapons, buy them and let them collect dust. Then when something happens can't use it correctly. One thing you have to remember is that you are also responsible for every round that you fire. So if you kill your neighbor that is on you.

I think it is a case of get to the Fucki*ng range and conduct some drills. One of the most annoying things to me is the folks who want to own these kinds of weapons, buy them and let them collect dust. Then when something happens can't use it correctly. One thing you have to remember is that you are also responsible for every round that you fire. So if you kill your neighbor that is on you.
True. What amuses me is the instruction booklet that goes with every Ruger gun purchase. The advice contained therein is amusing, it's the kind of thing that should have been laser engraved into the brain before purchase, or as one of the Americans with whom I shoot once said, the problem in the States is that every idiot can buy a gun.
My uncle being a prime example.

True. What amuses me is the instruction booklet that goes with every Ruger gun purchase. The advice contained therein is amusing, it's the kind of thing that should have been laser engraved into the brain before purchase, or as one of the Americans with whom I shoot once said, the problem in the States is that every idiot can buy a gun.
My uncle being a prime example.
Yes, I agree and it is the morons who make the news all the time! The folks that follow the rules, go through the training and do their best to be competent when it comes out of their pocket get slandered with the idiots in the above article.

Yes, I agree and it is the morons who make the news all the time! The folks that follow the rules, go through the training and do their best to be competent when it comes out of their pocket get slandered with the idiots in the above article.
Unfortunately that is what happens when you insist it is a right to own a weapon not a privilege.

Unfortunately that is what happens when you insist it is a right to own a weapon not a privilege.
The problem with privileges though is that they can be taken away at a whim, depending on the political climate Draz. I spend a good part of my day taking away people's privileges and restricting what they can and can't do. Bureaucracy is a damn scary thing, if it is abused.

Guns

ADC
Book Reviewer
And this is why I like it here in Canada where you have to go and do training and pass an exam. The people who offer the training courses and exams are all hunters or shooters and know that if they pass someone who is not fit they can loose their livelihood or damage the thing they love. The local guy here who I am looking to use was telling me that unless people like him ensure that people are well trained and competent then it will ruin it for others. Nice guy, even for a Leafs fan.