Mass Shootings in the US

Well then you are a very lucky person, I hope your streak continues and that you never have to worry about anything like this.

But to the American mind set.

Better to have, and not need, than to need, and not have.”

Franz Kafka

Sums it up perfectly. Most of the time you won't need to worry about having to defend yourself or your family. However that one time out of a million when some shady individual decides to try to let them self in your home, or a mass shooting occurs less than a 1/4 mile away from your house and you arrive home about 8 minutes after the fact.... Guns become a great thing.
I don't think I'm being very lucky. It's not as though bullets have been peppering around me and overhead all my life and I'm just lucky to never have been hit.

It's that statistically, as I'm not in the business of looking for fights I'd be very very very unlikely to come across any violence or be a victim of it. Yup, if I went into the centre of town on a Saturday night I may occasionally see some scraps between other testosterone fuelled fights. But no shoot outs. Also, whilst there may have been a burglary or two in my area, over the years I've lived here there's been no violent entry resulting in death or even injuries and I live on the edge of a reasonably large city

And this is probably the same experience for the vast majority of residents in the UK.

If one lives in a crappy rough area, or a bit jack the lad or involved in crime and violence, then yes you're likely to get thumped, stabbed or even shot.

Yes its can be a trifle exciting at times
But i used to Live in Brixton, so I never really notice
its a shame as their are a great many lovely people on the estate who just want to get on with life
one of them Killed a chap when he was racing on the local road
The Police had a drone overflying the area to locate the car
Is that the prick that got pissed and killed the mentally handicapped bloke near the cemetery?

I was 'next door' this time last year in Salt Lake! Never been to CA, but NY is a shithole like London, I'm not a big city type of person!
Not a huge city person either, our goal is to move out into the boonies and own a few acres before I hit 40. Longer commute to work and no more pizza delivery but, I would prefer not to have neighbors closer than 500 meters either.

My bold...FFS do you actually bother to read what is stated in the Guardians article
Did you? Already discussed 3 weeks ago - link. It's already been pointed out but 'gun crime' makes for nice headlines, the murder rate in London has actually decreased over that period.

try it again The Met Police's figures showed there were 2,544 gun crime offences from April 2016 to April 2017 compared to 1,793 offences from 2015 until 2016
So hardly one shooting going up to two giving you the 100 % you are desperately trying to push. The increase is significant and IMHO worrying.
From the data in the article you linked which is available here - link

Gun crime - up to 2,544 offences from 1,793 - this is anything involving a firearm, imitation firearm, replica, air rifle or anything suspected of being a gun
Gun crime lethal barrelled discharged - up to 306 from 239 - anything where a firearm or air rifle has been fired so that's already 88% of your 'gun crime' figure not involving anything actually being fired
Murder - down to 102 from 103 - that is any murder, not just firearms.

Needs or wants. Maybe the wants has generated the feeling of needs.
Its clear you dont comprehend the 2nd amendment. Your circular point doesn't achieve anything.

Yes, it is not weird at all to talk to a complete stranger and carry on. We don't have those kinds of taboos here.
When Deborah first moved there, she said it took a little while to re adjust after living in a Major European City
She said it was like living in a Cohen brothers film, lots of landscapes and interesting and helpful people
Although we Brits like to Knock the USA for its differences, we must be thankful for the assistance given by so many young men from places Like Wyoming Virginia etc in keeping us free from opression and tyranny
Theres a lot of names and places in France that are testament to that

When Deborah first moved there, she said it took a little while to re adjust after living in a Major European City
She said it was like living in a Cohen brothers film, lots of landscapes and interesting and helpful people
Although we Brits like to Knock the USA for its differences, we must be thankful for the assistance given by so many young men from places Like Wyoming Virginia etc in keeping us free from opression and tyranny
Yes there is a huge difference in attitudes.

Wyoming’s Long Tradition of Service | WyoFile

We punch above our weight for lowly populated state full of Rednecks.

Yeah Josh.

We know all that.

The “America, it’s all a bit weird” thread shows the amount of affection most Brits have for the US. I love the place. I would like to have some fish and chips from the van and a beer with @LJONESY in Wyoming but I would still tell him I thought he was a gun nut.

That affection doesn’t mean that I/we can’t be critical of aspects of their society any more than we cannot be critical of a brother that starts injecting heroin.

Yeah Josh.

We know all that.

The “America, it’s all a bit weird” thread shows the amount of affection most Brits have for the US. I love the place. I would like to have some fish and chips from the van and a beer with @LJONESY in Wyoming but I would still tell him I thought he was a gun nut.

That affection doesn’t mean that I/we can’t be critical of aspects of their society any more than we cannot be critical of a brother that starts injecting heroin.

Don't worry my wife tells me that all the time. But oddly enough she does not chew my ass and tell me to stop...
Guns are cheap compared to some other toys out on the market......

This is a loosely themed military website with a bunch of people spouting about all kinds of crap. Really what do you think we are going to actually achieve then.
We are not going to achieve anything - but its a forum/discussion board. I have tried explaining it to you and you keep returning to silly points - Its not about what you feel or what kids in Florida think...

Americans have a right to own and use them. If America chooses to change that, there is a legal process to achieve that. At this point, there is no where near the popularity needed for getting rid of the 2nd amendment. Not even close.