• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Mass Shootings in the US

One day you will face the unthinkable and then you will have a come to Jesus moment that looks like this.

In all seriousness though, you live in a more docile part of the UK it appears. But that does not mean you will get to go through life conflict free. It seems like you do have an issue with violence and sexual offenses.

Detailed statistics for Gloucester City Centre, Gloucestershire Constabulary - Police.uk
1 million people, total violent crimes 849, not even getting close to 1%, or I have a 1 in 11,000 chance. I avoid Gloucester anyway as it's a shithole!

I'm unlikely to have a 'Jesus' moment being atheist!

Last edited:
But that does not mean you will get to go through life conflict free. It seems like you do have an issue with violence and sexual offenses.

Detailed statistics for Gloucester City Centre, Gloucestershire Constabulary - Police.uk
In a city of circa 130,000 people that data doesn’t really reflect a hellhole.

It’s a great pity that there is not more granularity to the information.

Still, going on what’s there: no murders, 34 weapons offences (probably knives), 849 violence/sexual offences etc.

Interesting thing is that the data is probably for “reported” offences as 61% of them resulted in no further action, 6% probably got a police caution for a trivial offence (probably public order, which could be littering, swearing, racial abuse, insulting etc) and only 20% ended up in court (probably mostly the magistrates court).

Doesn’t look as if the Sweedy are massively overworked. Nice to live in a lovely historic city where there are more than twice as many bicycle thefts as violent crimes.

In a city of circa 130,000 people that data doesn’t really reflect a hellhole.

It’s a great pity that there is not more granularity to the information.

Still, going on what’s there: no murders, 34 weapons offences (probably knives), 849 violence/sexual offences etc.

Interesting thing is that the data is probably for “reported” offences as 61% of them resulted in no further action, 6% probably got a police caution for a trivial offence (probably public order, which could be littering, swearing, racial abuse, insulting etc) and only 20% ended up in court (probably mostly the magistrates court).

Doesn’t look as if the Sweedy are massively overworked. Nice to live in a lovely historic city where there are more than twice as many bicycle thefts as violent crimes.

Crime in Wyoming 2016 Updated (2).pdf

Here is the data for my State and every county for 2016. Some reading but you might enjoy the research to compare and contrast.

1 million people, total violent crimes 849, not even getting close to 1%, or I have a 1 in 11,000 chance. I avoid Gloucester anyway as it's a shithole!

I'm unlikely to have a 'Jesus' moment being atheist!
Errh, umm. That data is for the city, not the county.

I haven’t been there for 25/30 years and thought it was OK. Probably not very safe for stray teenage girls who get invited down to see the new cellar though.

365 days a year brother, every day is a new opportunity so to speak~
Even worse, although we have ARV units, they don't drive around armed. The weapons are kept in a steel box in the boot. They require permission to arm up, and further permission to open fire, that last order is almost never given, even in London.

I live in good old Gloucestershire, we're a small county of around 900k to 1 million. As with similar police forces in the UK, we have ARV units (only a couple or so). I've never known in 40 years them fire a single round at a human, dogs, sheep and cows have all got the 'good news' but not a human. Plod next door in Avon had a bit of action the other month when somebody was waving what looked like a handgun around, that was enough for plod to remove him from the gene pool. Though that's the first time in over 10 years they've fired a round.
So why would I need any form of firearm to protect myself, if plod can't find a use for them when looking in the worst areas of cities.
living in the same county, and knowing a retired fire arms officer, I can assure you that they have come very near to using them
arresting Somalis, who have a habit of getting stabby towards authority and more recently when arresting a member of the travelling community, who in the usual manner of these brigands got his mates to use large vehicles driven towards the officers to prevent them seizing the vehicle and the useless pikey, once they were red dotted all the machismo stopped
but they did come very near to pulling the trigger all the way back

living in the same county, and knowing a retired fire arms officer, I can assure you that they have come very near to using them
arresting Somalis, who have a habit of getting stabby towards authority and more recently when arresting a member of the travelling community, who in the usual manner of these brigands got his mates to use large vehicles driven towards the officers to prevent them seizing the vehicle and the useless pikey, once they were red dotted all the machismo stopped

One of the guys who works in LE here told me that they (the Plod) spend 70 percent of their time dealing with the same 30 percent of the population. It does seem like it is a universal theme. The minority of the population that suck up police resources are also the ones who seem to blow up the statistics to make places appear worse than they are.

Still haven't though, in decades. You back on to one of the worst areas in Cheltenham as well!

Crime in Wyoming 2016 Updated (2).pdf

Here is the data for my State and every county for 2016. Some reading but you might enjoy the research to compare and contrast.
Interesting. Seems like a relatively calm state.

Still had 8 gun deaths though.

Against 26 in the UK in the same period. In a population some 120 times larger.

So roughly forty times the UK rate adjusted for population size.

Yes but we are also a state filled with guns! One would think that we would be killing each on the Chicago scale yearly.

How heavily armed is your state?

Please note those are only registered firearms.

Yes but we are also a state filled with guns! One would think that we would be killing each on the Chicago scale yearly.

How heavily armed is your state?

Please note those are only registered firearms.
It's sort of roles reversed here. Any hint of a firearm in a public place and the public will block the emergency lines to report it. Any handgun, real or imitation and you've given the police commanders an easy choice. Deploy ARV, drop it or be killed. They drop it.
Although, I'm sure you will approve, when we do deploy them, the HK range is very popular!

It's sort of roles reversed here. Any hint of a firearm in a public place and the public will block the emergency lines to report it. Any handgun, real or imitation and you've given the police commanders an easy choice. Deploy ARV, drop it or be killed. They drop it.
Although, I'm sure you will approve, when we do deploy them, the HK range is very popular!

Handguns are pretty common here. Carrying a rifle in public might get a contact with an officer. Open carry is legal but It is best to be discreet.

Last edited:

Chromosome Boy on the left is a little disturbing.

One of the guys who works in LE here told me that they (the Plod) spend 70 percent of their time dealing with the same 30 percent of the population. It does seem like it is a universal theme. The minority of the population that suck up police resources are also the ones who seem to blow up the statistics to make places appear worse than they are.
Exactly the same here

we have some amazing countryside around here, members of the Royal Family live in the county, lots of Lords and Ladies, and other notables, but in my town 4 particular families are always involved and kicking off

the dregs of the community ( drink driving, violence, drunkenness, theft,assaults, vandalism sexual assaults)

the drug addicts ( theft, assaults, general social problems)

the drug dealers and the new trend of cuckooing

those with mental health issues ( they tie up a great deal of police time)

criminals (general crime)

Itinerants, ( vehicle theft and dismantling, distraction burglaries, fraud, violence petty pilfering, blowing up cash-points, ram raiding, sheep stealing, farm burglaries, fuel thefts, theft of quad bikes and off road motorcycles, general disorder and contamination of public places)
gang members ( knife crime assaults, theft of property street robbery anti social behaviour murder, kidnap )

and our new EU criminal families and other talented visitors
the Albanians ( violent crime and drug control)
Romanians ( general thieving, cash point cloning, distraction burglaries and ugly women)
Vietnamese ( smuggling, prostitution, drug cultivation abstraction of electricity, people smuggling )
Somalis, drugs, theft, prostituition, violence with knives axes etc)
Mainland Chinese ( Prostitution, drug cultivation)

oddly Black males are 3 times more likely to be arrested than white males, which in an area with a minority of black people would be considered unusual, until you find that many of them have moved into the area to sell drugs, or control the sale of drugs ( usually from major cities)

we live in a nice part of a regency town, and living here for 19 years we have suffered, theft of a motor vehicle ( one of the 4 particular families involved)
theft of a motorcycle, later found hidden in a local council estate, nobody knew anything or saw anything ?
attempted theft of a motorcycle, that was resolved in house
3 attempted break ins while we where in the property, all resolved in house ( A gun would have been useful, but a Garden fork was handy)
theft from vehicle 3 times while parked on the drive, I now no longer will own a commercial vehicle as its an advert for the scum to steal my tools
wifes bicycle stolen as she unlocked the front door ( council estate yobs)
oh and a large quantity of firearm's and ammunition recovered from the shed backing on to our house ( one of the 4 problem families)

However nice as it may have been to own a handgun, I dont think that I would have been capable of controlling myself and shooting dead the scum who stole my Subaru and the scum who attempted to steal my motorcycle
in the first case I chased them off with an axe, but the car was beyond repair and they crashed it into a street pillar trying to get away, and the second case was resolved with a garden fork and dog interface

I do see our ARVs out an about, especially due to the high risk Government buildings in the area, recently we were in lockdown when one lot of scum shot out the windows of another lot of scum who had moved into a property in the area, and I saw the Police officers carrying rifles whilst patrolling as they expected the argument to continue
oddly a few days before I had spotted a car with the keys in the ignition , not a sensible thing to do, I rang the Police because the adjoining property where I was working is owned by a member of HM forces, they arrived and made enquires and removed the keys, that was the first they knew of one of the problem families moving into the area ( they tend to share cars around and leave keys in them ready)
2 weeks later it kicked off

but having the weapons in he hands of the Police tends to stem any of these tribal feuds from escalating, if they were allowed to own guns I hate to think what would happen

Still haven't though, in decades. You back on to one of the worst areas in Cheltenham as well!
Yes its can be a trifle exciting at times
But i used to Live in Brixton, so I never really notice
its a shame as their are a great many lovely people on the estate who just want to get on with life
one of them Killed a chap when he was racing on the local road
The Police had a drone overflying the area to locate the car

Isnt Wyoming one of those big open spaces with miles of countryside and ranches Cowboy country ?