Mass Shootings in the US

How many were killed defending that then.

Yes and that there would be many, many martyrs is your opinion.
They havent gone door to door and Law enforcement are on the list of those who didnt register them...

They have made them felons though.

Oh damn i
Utter tripe' is your opinion. Look to NY, Connecticut and L.A cities bans and see what the compliance rate is - millions didn't comply and in L.A cities magazine ban...zero have been handed in. Zero in a city of 4 million.

Connecticut halts plans to round up firearms after finding most cops in the state are on the list – Call the Cops

Oh damn, If Dibble won’t comply in a docile state like Connecticut what do you think will happen in the Red States?

How many were killed defending that then.

Yes and that there would be many, many martyrs is your opinion.
No - because no sane person would do it. You tell a police unit 'lets go confiscate these guys guns...' Cops dont like serving warrants to criminals as it is.

I bet you didn't know it’s legal in some states to shoot police officers making entry to your property*.

* under a very precise set of conditions.

Last edited:
Once again I notice that the German press don't always check their facts as required by their own code of conduct.
As usual I hear that assault rifles are readily available in the States. The German press has obviously not heard of the 1934 National Firearms Act, plus the fact that various States have their own legislation prohibiting the possession of assault rifles. Minor details, but it is obviously easier to repeat parrot fashion what somebody else erroniously stated earlier.

Utter tripe' is your opinion. Look to NY, Connecticut and L.A cities bans and see what the compliance rate is - millions didn't comply and in L.A cities magazine ban...zero have been handed in. Zero in a city of 4 million.

Connecticut halts plans to round up firearms after finding most cops in the state are on the list – Call the Cops
Call the cops

Just so that we are all clear here, the site you linked to is a spoof site, nothing on that site is real and they make this clear on the link above.

Keeping it real is probably for the best.

Call the cops

Just so that we are all clear here, the site you linked to is a spoof site, nothing on that site is real and they make this clear on the link above.

Keeping it real is probably for the best.
Like all good satire there is a kernel of truth in it. The firearm registration in Connecticut isn't working very well and most people still aren't registered. Whether that is because they haven't registered or because the system isn't coping with the number of registrations isn't clear.

5 years in and there is still a back log of 20,000 registrations. State police gun registration system is backlogged more than 20,000

Can I ask a question of our American friends
this whole school shooting thing, when did it start ? or has it always been present in society ?
Good question.

There have been shootings (+stabbings etc) in US schools/campuses since the country was founded. However, these were mostly one-on-one type shootings with low death rates.

Usually a teacher/staff member/intruder etc going postal and settling a grudge/enmity and just happened to do it within the boundary of a school.

As someone posted above the University Of Austin could be regarded as the first spree shooting, in that it took place within an academic institution. Whitman was 25 when he shot 17 dead and wounded 31 having already killed his wife and mother and I think the university tower just happened to offer him a good platform. He could have gone postal anywhere.

The first spree shooting by disaffected teenagers was probably Springfield (the irony) in May 1988. Usual story - kid tops parents, drives to school and shoots at whatever he can. Only managed to kill 2 pupils but did wound 25, so probably a crap shot.

Or it could have been Westside School in March 1998. 5 dead and ten wounded.

I guess it is all a question of how much is a mass, what’s the definition of a spree etc.

However, Columbine certainly drew the blueprint (as @LJONESY posted above).

Have you seen the comments on there? If ever you want proof of why Americans shouldn't have guns read them.
I read a lot of the comments (certainly not all 900). Priceless.

No matter how many times someone posts “this is made up BS from a site whose home page states categorically that it is satire and BS” along comes the next poster with “ah will da fahting when the feds come fo mah rahfil”.

YCMIU.

I read a lot of the comments (certainly not all 900). Priceless.

No matter how many times someone posts “this is made up BS from a site whose home page states categorically that it is satire and BS” along comes the next poster with “ah will da fahting when the feds come fo mah rahfil”.

YCMIU.
Hey at least you did not get the Molon Labe memes yet, we can take this to a whole new level!

I gave up at this post.

God has already helped. He has allowed Free People to be armed. If you don't feel people need to be armed then you are going against God. If you feel there is no God, then you volunteer yourself to subjugation by man. If you feel there is no place in your life for God then you allow those places to be occupied by man and unless you are the
strongest man out there, you will fall under the control of those who are
stronger than you. The American 2nd amendment gives Free Americans the
mechanism to protect themselves. It is a Right and this Right was not given to
you by man or government, it was given to you by GOD.
That is somewhat batshit crazy.

I guess theology and biblical study is not his strong point,

Interesting article on why some Americans buy guns, and those Americans tend to be white and male.

Why Are White Men Stockpiling Guns?

Some take away points from it..

Research suggests it's largely because they're anxious about their ability to protect their families, insecure about their place in the job market and beset by racial fears
When Northland College sociologist Angela Stroud studied applications for licenses to carry concealed firearms in Texas, which exploded after President Obama was elected, she found applicants were overwhelmingly dominated by white men.
Both Froese and Stroud found pervasive anti-government sentiments among their study participants. “This is interesting because these men tend to see themselves as devoted patriots, but make a distinction between the federal government and the ‘nation,’ says Froese.
Unfortunately, the people most likely to be killed by the guns of white men aren’t the “bad guys,” presumably criminals or terrorists. It’s themselves—and their families......................
A gun in the home is far more likely to kill or wound the people who live there than is a burglar or serial killer. Most of the time, according to every single study that’s ever been done about interpersonal gun violence, the dead and wounded know the people who shot them. A gun in the home makes it five times more likely that a woman will be killed by her husband. Every week in America, 136 children and teenagers are shot—and more often than not, it’s a sibling, friend, parent, or relative who holds the gun. For every homicide deemed justified by the police, guns are used in 78 suicides. As a new study published this month in JAMA Internal Medicine once again shows us, restrictive gun laws don’t prevent white men from defending themselves and their families. Instead, those laws stop them from shooting themselves and each other.

The 2nd Amendment is not going to just simply "go away". Nor will banning firearms on a national level be an option as has been mentioned about 3400 times already. The States that are freaked out will ban away to their hearts content. While others like mine will not. Who is wrong and who is right will always depend on what political spectrum you view life through. But at least I can say my State is loaded with guns and we don't kill each other in droves like the more "civilized" places such as Chicago manage to do.
A quick google got me these links to stats for Wyoming:

Death by gun: Top 20 states with highest rates
According to CBS in this article, 6th highest for gun violence tying with Montana (presumably in the year relevant)
10 states where guns are most (and least) likely to kill people
This article puts Wyoming as 4th, with Montana 5th..

I'm curious to know what your opinion is on the validity of these articles? Not gunning for absolute facts (I could go through gunviolence.org reports if I wanted to do that), but I'm interested in your experience living where you do, as opposed to news reports..

Interesting article on why some Americans buy guns, and those Americans tend to be white and male.

Why Are White Men Stockpiling Guns?

Some take away points from it..
That last one is a deeply dodgy use of statistics that has been doing the rounds for years. Even Snopes has called it out for being untrue. FACT CHECK: 80 Percent of Murders Involve Interpersonal Disputes

Especially dodgy when you consider that people studying gang violence believe that up to 48% of gun homicides are gang related.

According to CBS in this article, 6th highest for gun violence tying with Montana (presumably in the year relevant)

I'm curious to know what your opinion is on the validity of these articles? Not gunning for absolute facts (I could go through gunviolence.org reports if I wanted to do that), but I'm interested in your experience living where you do, as opposed to news reports..
It’s bullshit to be honest. When you count suicides and play with the statistics it does make it sound like the bloody Wild West.

Update: CPD identify man killed by police Wednesday as Scott Addison

This guy was shot at the McDonalds near my home, but it seems this was more suicide by cop due to the nature of charges he was facing.

You are describing those numbers as 'gun violence' when in fact they are 'gun deaths'. Up to 60% of those deaths are suicides. In rural areas you get more people shooting themselves. In urban areas you get more gun crime. You would need to find the statistics for homicides to get a true picture for 'gun violence'.