Mass Shootings in the US

The thread usually goes dormant twixt massacres but I sure there will be another one along shortly, as for all the guns and ammo talk, if only there was a dedicated thread for gun owners, oh wait.
Looks like the bus has arrived, the radio is reporting another mass shooting at a school in Maryland

It can’t be as bad as some of the places I have been to....Unless I hear Dueling Banjos!
It's worse - duelling agony bags.

How many deaths by gun are there? I'll bet cars are used more often than guns.
Over 33,000 last year. On average about 100 shooting deaths per day.

32,700 deaths on the road in 2014.

There are more guns than cars in America although there are about three times as many car owners than gun owners. Many gun owners own more than one gun but few car owners own multiple cars.

There are more guns than cars in America although there are about three times as many car owners than gun owners. Many gun owners own more than one gun but few car owners own multiple cars.
How many hours are spent using the car, compared to hours of weapon usage? If you want to compare like for like.

How many hours are spent using the car, compared to hours of weapon usage? If you want to compare like for like.
That depends. I bet this bloke doesn't get out of bed at night to go for a pee without strapping on his mobile arsenal.

On the other hand, somebody is shot dead by a toddler aged under five on average once per week in America. Toddlers shoot more people than terrorists in America, and they don't spend much time driving.

But that 9 year old I was reading about this morning who got into an argument with his sister about a play station controller didn't jump into his dads car and run her over he grabbed his dads gun and Boom head shot.
Yup and poor parenting skills, to boot. If a 9 year old can easily access your firearm you have failed. Not to mention if the child feels like they can get it willy nilly, the parents clearly did not set some serious ground rules for the child. To be honest firearms education and respect or lack of, is a huge part of the problem here. I grew up with a 1SG for a parent. I would have gotten my ass handed to me for messing with the guns without his permission and him present.

We have two vehicles and I am trying to convince the wife to get a 3rd..... Most people here that have a family have at least two vehicles.

What, an armed guard at the school, and it still didn't deter a shooter.

Well that brings into question the idea that arming teachers will stop school shootings.
You cant be serious...

Thank God the shooter just stopped of his own accord and realized he was in the wrong.
Or he had a stoppage because he hasn't cleaned it since the day he bought it.

Here's today's bingo card

thoughts and prayers
good guy with a gun
arm teachers
now is not the time
lessons will be learned
mental illness
terrorism
immigrants
show again braincell
2nd amendment rights

There's a packet of Werthers Originals for the first with a full house.

Or he had a stoppage because he hasn't cleaned it since the day he bought it.

Here's today's bingo card

thoughts and prayers
good guy with a gun
arm teachers
now is not the time
lessons will be learned
mental illness
terrorism
immigrants
show again braincell
2nd amendment rights

There's a packet of Werthers Originals for the first with a full house.
Let's be realistic the next time the Dems sweep Congress and the Presidency a ban will be forthcoming. When they have the votes they will create a gun ban, and then the fun will start.