Mass Shootings in the US

Thats the way gun threads like this go, there are two sides neither of which will ever be swayed by the others reasoning. And even if we did reach an agreement one way or the other who would really care in the real world.

But to go from discussing mass shootings in the US, to posting your target performance and favourite types of ammunition seems a stretch to me.
The thread usually goes dormant twixt massacres but I sure there will be another one along shortly, as for all the guns and ammo talk, if only there was a dedicated thread for gun owners, oh wait.

Do countries that allow decades of sexual abuse of children, qualify as 3rd world??
It's not sexual abuse if you're married to the children concerned.

Always remember, it's OK to rape an 11 year old and get her pregnant if she is your wife.

Of course, that was a while ago. Things are different now. Of course they are. The brides are even younger. Three ten year old girls were married in Tennessee in the last few years after the weddings were approved by judges who managed to put down their banjos for five minutes in order to make a ruling.

There is a bill before the Tennessee state legislature that would stop children marrying. Incredibly, it's being opposed by lobby groups within the state. What is Tennessee? some sort of vast colony of paedophiles?

Back on thread,

If only she had a gun etc etc.

It's not sexual abuse if you're married to the children concerned.

Always remember, it's OK to rape an 11 year old and get her pregnant if she is your wife.

Of course, that was a while ago. Things are different now. Of course they are. The brides are even younger. Three ten year old girls were married in Tennessee in the last few years after the weddings were approved by judges who managed to put down their banjos for five minutes in order to make a ruling.

There is a bill before the Tennessee state legislature that would stop children marrying. Incredibly, it's being opposed by lobby groups within the state. What is Tennessee? some sort of vast colony of paedophiles?

Back on thread,

If only she had a gun etc etc.
Holy crap, another Arkansas.... Well TN was never on the list to visit. I would rather go to Scotland!

Holy crap, another Arkansas.... Well TN was never on the list to visit. I would rather go to Scotland!
You only think you would rather go to Scotland. When you arrived in Scotland, you would realise that an arranged marriage to Rolf Harris at the Tennessee court house would be preferable.

It is not as easy as you think, and people will still drive illegally.
No, but the issue is recognised, there are restrictions in place. If your impaired or caught drink driving, fines, licence removal, retesting are all options. Like aircraft, the biggest problem now is human error, and that IS being designed out of cars as well (unless you walk in front of an Uber taxi!). I'm not keen on the slow creep of being less involved with driving, but I recognise that this will reduce the death toll on the roads, and the majority will lose a 'freedom' they had because there are a few who cannot be trusted.

It is not as easy as you think, and people will still drive illegally.
No, but the issue is recognised, there are restrictions in place. If your impaired or caught drink driving, fines, licence removal, retesting are all options. Like aircraft, the biggest problem now is human error, and that IS being designed out of cars as well (unless you walk in front of an Uber taxi!). I'm not keen on the slow creep of being less involved with driving, but I recognise that this will reduce the death toll on the roads, and the majority will lose a 'freedom' they had because there are a few who cannot be trusted.
So you're willing to give up being able to drive so that we can eliminate drunk drivers killing innocent people?

Sent from my Lenovo TB2-X30F using Tapatalk

So you're willing to give up being able to drive so that we can eliminate drunk drivers killing innocent people?

Probably not, but a licensing and insurance scheme for cars and drivers and mandatory speed limits prevent many deaths on the road.

Similarly, gun licensing would prevent SocalSapper's death next time he arrives home late, pi$$ed and having left his keys at work. It's a matter of time before his wife mistakes him for a burglar as he's trying to break in through an open window and he's unlikely to survive the resultant blast from the home protection Gattling gun that he keeps in the kitchen.

Most road deaths are due to human error, drink driving is a small part of it.
It's already taking over, the first autonomous item was ABS! Now we have collision avoidance, active cruise control, lane control. Autonomous vehicles are measured 0-5, you can buy level 2 already. Level 5 the manufacturers don't think we're ready in our own minds yet, but they are in testing (level 5 is called steering wheel optional, where apart from a destination, no further input required).

Most road deaths are due to human error, drink driving is a small part of it.
It's already taking over, the first autonomous item was ABS! Now we have collision avoidance, active cruise control, lane control. Autonomous vehicles are measured 0-5, you can buy level 2 already. Level 5 the manufacturers don't think we're ready in our own minds yet, but they are in testing (level 5 is called steering wheel optional, where apart from a destination, no further input required).
Drink driving causes an average of 29 deaths a day in the US.

Probably not, but a licensing and insurance scheme for cars and drivers and mandatory speed limits prevent many deaths on the road.

Similarly, gun licensing would prevent SocalSapper's death next time he arrives home late, pi$$ed and having left his keys at work. It's a matter of time before his wife mistakes him for a burglar as he's trying to break in through an open window and he's unlikely to survive the resultant blast from the home protection Gattling gun that he keeps in the kitchen.
Or, alternatively, shot by his own blinged up mo fo drug dealer's gun.

As they say, Where there's a will there's a way dead husband

Lord save us from absurd comparisons, but here we go.

I haven't looked deeply into this so other figures may be around but according to this:

Motor vehicle fatality rate in U.S. by year - Wikipedia

the 2016 figure of 11.6 deaths per 100,000 of the population is below the gun violence death rates in a good number of states, in fact nearly half the states have a higher gun death rate.

Firearm death rates in the United States by state - Wikipedia

And rootin tootin shootin Alaska tops them all. Must be dark winter nights.

And something else that UK citizens die less of than in the US. Road deaths per 100,000 is 2.9, less than a third of the US's.

List of countries by traffic-related death rate - Wikipedia

Yes it kills more people than gun violence. It is an epidemic here, guns don’t compare.
But that 9 year old I was reading about this morning who got into an argument with his sister about a play station controller didn't jump into his dads car and run her over he grabbed his dads gun and Boom head shot.

Latest Threads