Mass Shootings in the US

Indeed.

There is a lot of British vernacular in the posts.

Odd for a Wyoming (?) mountain boy. (Or is that the other ones?).
And for a Septic to be unaware of Straight Outta Compton?
One of my favourite albums when I was black.

Well here is a picture of some mass shootings, well center mass that is.....

The first is the Glock 17 ranges of 5-50 feet.

The second is the Sig MPX range of 50 feet, iron sights only.
The Sig group looks alright, but the Glock, all I can say is that my Browning would do better.

The Sig group looks alright, but the Glock, all I can say is that my Browning would do better.
The 17 is not to bad, I need to update the sights on it and get rid of the factory crap ones. It is pretty accurate and I blame the user for the dispersion but they are still in the body.... The JHP I use is much better than the 115 grain cheapo plinker stuff though.

Not a mass shooting, but one of the downsides to gun ownership:

Girl, 13, Shot Dead by 9-Year-Old Brother Over a Video Game
The police haven't released how the boy got access to the pistol. Or if it was legally owned.

Assuming it is legally owned this is more an issue with firearm storage than ownership. If they were legally required to keep it under lock and key then they failed and should face the appropriate consequences. If there was no legal requirement then this was a parenting failure to ensure the safety of their children.

Either way they have to live with the loss of the daughter and a son who will probably be damaged and stigmatised for life.

Very sad but avoidable if they had been more responsible parents.

I don't think this incident should be an argument for restricting firearm ownership. More an argument for safer storage and restricting access in the home.

The police haven't released how the boy got access to the pistol. Or if it was legally owned.

Assuming it is legally owned this is more an issue with firearm storage than ownership. If they were legally required to keep it under lock and key then they failed and should face the appropriate consequences. If there was no legal requirement then this was a parenting failure to ensure the safety of their children.

Either way they have to live with the loss of the daughter and a son who will probably be damaged and stigmatised for life.

Very sad but avoidable if they had been more responsible parents.

I don't think this incident should be an argument for restricting firearm ownership. More an argument for safer storage and restricting access in the home.
Of course. I can't disagree that it's an argument for safer gun storage, as well as maybe some dysfunctional family who have access to guns either legally or illegally, as well as any other variation of reasons.

The flip side is, it's a result of the availability of guns in the US and the laws or lack of which has enabled this to happen.

Poor taste is poor taste, regardless.
That's the price you pay for your right to bear arms, live with it, or change it. That poster and the pictures of others killed should be put up on the wall of any debate you have in the US about this issue, to remind you that this is why you are having this discussion in the first place. If you find it unpalatable, do something about it. Stop hiding behind the 2nd to justify the unjustifiable.

It is poor taste, it is even poorer taste to do nothing.

That's the price you pay for your right to bear arms, live with it, or change it. That poster and the pictures of others killed should be put up on the wall of any debate you have in the US about this issue, to remind you that this is why you are having this discussion in the first place. If you find it unpalatable, do something about it. Stop hiding behind the 2nd to justify the unjustifiable.

It is poor taste, it is even poorer taste to do nothing.

The 2nd Amendment is not going to just simply "go away". Nor will banning firearms on a national level be an option as has been mentioned about 3400 times already. The States that are freaked out will ban away to their hearts content. While others like mine will not. Who is wrong and who is right will always depend on what political spectrum you view life through. But at least I can say my State is loaded with guns and we don't kill each other in droves like the more "civilized" places such as Chicago manage to do.

The 2nd Amendment is not going to just simply "go away". Nor will banning firearms be an option as has been mentioned about 3400 times already. The States that are freaked out will ban away to their hearts content. While others like mine will not. Who is wrong and who is right will always depend on what political spectrum you view life through. But at least I can say my State is loaded with guns and we don't kill each other in droves like the more "civilized" places like Chicago manage to do.
Then you must accept these shootings as part of your 'freedoms'.

Latest Threads