Mass Shootings in the US

Because if they can vote at 18, join the military at 18 - it is denying them a right.

Most school shooters are teenagers? I don’t think that is true, unless you have a link to evidence supporting that.
Do you know whether the NRA has ever challenged the constitutionality of age limits for purchasing guns? If so, what was the outcome?

I don't think he's arguing but there would perhaps be more of a ruckus if private ownership of firearms was banned by an overbearing county/state/government/police state/jack-booted tyrant/Commie/etc which if you apply, erm, well something, the second amendment is supposed to prevent, because, erm, bad/good?

People (or kids to make it emotive) die in greater numbers in most African states every day from poor governance/law and we don't care so I'm genuinely curious why some get so upset about guns in the US.

Not my country, not my problem.

Details are emerging from the White House from POTUS Policy Team working on the 'guns for teachers' policy:

. . a later draft:

. . . . well, they made me laugh . . .

Last edited:
Alas, not true Stonker.

2015 numbers are AIDS 760,000 (second largest cause of death) and malaria 394,000 (third largest).

Both diseases are on a downward trend (AIDS deaths are down from one million in 2010).

The mortality timebomb lies in the 25.5million Africans living with AIDS.

For obvious reasons all numbers are best estimates.

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Today it's been 22 years since Thomas Hamilton killed 17 people at Dunblane Primary.

Still remember it well. Was working in the 6th year Chemistry Lab that day, radio blaring, checking up on the home brew, and playing with explosives in the fume cupboard.

22 years since that day.

22 years.

To protect children it's illegal to drive passed a school bus,But quite easy to endanger them by taking a gun to school.
Both are illegal and both still happen.

Today it's been 22 years since Thomas Hamilton killed 17 people at Dunblane Primary.

Still remember it well. Was working in the 6th year Chemistry Lab that day, radio blaring, checking up on the home brew, and playing with explosives in the fume cupboard.

22 years since that day.

22 years.

A shooting that could have been avoided if D/Sgt Hughes had been listened to.
I wonder are the files are still sealed?

Call to lift secrecy on Dunblane murderer

snip
"It was suggested at the weekend that the reputations of a well-known politician and a prominent lawyer could be damaged by the report written in 1991, five years before Hamilton murdered 16 primary one pupils and their teacher at Dunblane Primary School.
Mr Matheson, the SNP deputy justice spokesman, and open government campaigners intend to lobby Scotland's most senior law officer Colin Boyd QC, the Lord Advocate, to persuade him to allow access to the report written by Paul Hughes, who was then a detective sergeant with the Central Scotland Police.
The official reason the report has been classified is that it was closed in order to protect the identities of children named as alleged victims of abuse at the hands of Hamilton.
Mr Hughes, who took early retirement on medical grounds in December last year after reaching the rank of superintendent, had asked his superiors to consider revoking Hamilton's firearms' licence five years before the killings. He had also recommended that Hamilton should be prosecuted over his conduct at a children's camp.
Douglas McMurdo, then the Deputy Chief Constable at Central, decided not to take any action and the local procurator fiscal ruled that it was not in the public interest to prosecute Hamilton
."

I guess some in the states are planning for when guns are banned, they're making bombs instead:

Three package bombings in Austin appear connected, police say - CNN
Biggest mass murder at a US school in history was with bombs

The 1927 Bombing That Remains America’s Deadliest School Massacre | History | Smithsonian

We've had bombers from the FALN (Puerto Rican terrorists), Anti castro terrorists, pro castro terrorists, croats, arabs, jews, irish, italian, anarchists, russians, RW, LW, christian, Ku Klux Klan, black nationalist, neo nazi. you name the group over time we've had nutter factions making bombs