Mass Shootings in the US

Or is it yet another example of SJW/progressive/antifa tactics targeting the sponsors on social media and other online arenas?

Hash tags are being used to cause a guilt by association link between the sponsors and NRA. This wips up even the slightest negative image which sponsors see as toxic and they bolt.

This isn't pressure groups arguing the facts. It is stoking public ignorance and fears to pit pressure on corporate bodies. They did the same thing on YouTube a few months ago.

This scares me. It is playing their own project fear games, without having to provide any hard facts to back up their argument.

All a bit Salem Witch Trials.

Er, it does say school shootings are rare.

So statistically that would be probable.

What you would need to do to prove the point I think you are making is to carry out a comparative analysis.

In any case, I posted a link on the other thread of a shooter walking into a police station knowing full well they could shoot back and he shot a cop before being killed himself. The cops having guns didn't deter him.

It could turn out the same for armed teachers.

Taking your argumentum absurdum to its ultimate conclusion, no point in arming soldiers as they could get shot.

Er, it does say school shootings are rare.

So statistically that would be probable.

What you would need to do to prove the point I think you are making is to carry out a comparative analysis.

In any case, I posted a link on the other thread of a shooter walking into a police station knowing full well they could shoot back and he shot a cop before being killed himself. The cops having guns didn't deter him.

It could turn out the same for armed teachers.
Suicide by cop scenarios are completely different and have completely different motivations from active shooters.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Or is it yet another example of SJW/progressive/antifa tactics targeting the sponsors on social media and other online arenas?

Hash tags are being used to cause a guilt by association link between the sponsors and NRA. This wips up even the slightest negative image which sponsors see as toxic and they bolt.

This isn't pressure groups arguing the facts. It is stoking public ignorance and fears to pit pressure on corporate bodies. They did the same thing on YouTube a few months ago.

This scares me. It is playing their own project fear games, without having to provide any hard facts to back up their argument.
Or alternatively people are finally sick of dead school kids, its a radical concept I know

Suicide by cop scenarios are completely different and have completely different motivations from active shooters.
How is a perp walking into a police station and shooting at cops not an active shooter whether the motive is suicide by cop or not?

And who's to say that the suicide by teacher 'syndrome' and motive wouldn't arise.

I think you're all dodging the research that seems to show more guns means more gun violence.

How is a perp walking into a police station and shooting at cops not an active shooter whether the motive is suicide by cop or not?

And who's to say that the suicide by teacher 'syndrome' and motive wouldn't arise.

I think you're all dodging the research that seems to show more guns means more gun violence.

Really simple.

Walk into a police station with a gun, gunplay will definitely ensue and you will assuredly end up lined in chalk.

Walk into a school, how do you know if anyone is armed and will shoot you?

The definition of 'suicide by cop' is attacking, or threatening to attack, armed police in order to be killed by them. The definition of an active shooter is someone who aims to kill as many people as possible, normally in a place where he has a grievance of some type.

Research often reflects the bias of those conducting it or those paying for it. There are other studies that show gun ownership reduces violence. Much easier to stick to the hard facts of the things that are actually happening and can be 100% proven.

Active shooter incidents have happened in schools and will continue to happen for the foreseeable future.

None of the 'whose to say' type scenarios that people are coming up with for concealed carry by teachers have actually happened in any of the schools that have concealed carry teachers.

Well, I had this forwarded to me today from one of my wifes family members who lives in California.. I believe it's going viral at present..

I think most people could see his point, no matter how gun barmy you might be?

Just a PR stunt, he didn't cut the valuable upper, just the can be replaced for under a hundred bucks barrel.

Just a PR stunt, he didn't cut the valuable upper, just the can be replaced for under a hundred bucks barrel.
So you think he was lying and all of that speech wasn't heartfelt and his genuine opinion?!

The shooters at Columbine abandoned their original plan and ran away from the armed police officer when he fired at them, as you well know because we have had this conversation before.
They came up with their plan in the knowledge that there was an armed guard on campus. It didn't deter them.

They went ahead with shooting kids. Tye presence of an armed guard didn't prevent the massacre.

As you well know because it was in all the papers.

They are reporting an armed deputy assigned to the school have resigned. Apparently he stayed in a 'defensive' position for 4-6 minutes until back up arrived. Standard procedure with active shooters is not to wait while people are being killed. If true, he is about to become a very hated man.
Depends if he was trained to deal with it, if he was not trained in mass shooting attacks, he could have possibly been shot ina blue on blue etc.

It’s funny how almost everyone would rush in with a 9mm, soft body armour and zero likelihood of backup once the building was entered.

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
They came up with their plan in the knowledge that there was an armed guard on campus. It didn't deter them.

They went ahead with shooting kids. Tye presence of an armed guard didn't prevent the massacre.

As you well know because it was in all the papers.
They came up with a plan knowing there might be an armed guard somewhere on the 45 acre campus.

In the case of Columbine it very nearly did, who is to know what might have happened if he had entered the building after them.

That is two incidents out of many active shooter incidents in the last 30 years. Here are three for you straight off the top of my head where an armed person on the scene stopped an active shooting incident, there are several others.

At least 26 dead in church shooting - CNN

Guard’s hands “didn’t even shake” as she shot gunman – The Denver Post

Uber driver, licensed to carry gun, shoots gunman in Logan Square

Whether any potential active shooters have decided against it because they knew there would be armed people in their preferred target is unknowable.

They came up with a plan knowing there might be an armed guard somewhere on the 45 acre campus.
And still went ahead. As did the Florida shooter.

That's at least three whackjobs who don't conform to the narrative that 'good guys with guns' would prevent spree shootings.

That's at least three whackjobs who don't conform to the narrative that 'good guys with guns' would prevent spree shootings.

Well, Cumbrias finest armed with a trusty truncheon, could only follow at a safe and discreet distance as Bird went on his murder spree.

Who has said the presence of an armed person would prevent 100% of active shooter incidents?

Who has said the presence of an armed person would prevent 100% of active shooter incidents?
Because it has to be 100% successful...otherwise it’s a failure/waste of time.

He knows exactly what he is saying - he just doesn’t mind lying, to score points.