Mass Shootings in the US

I note with interest the NRA are losing major corporate sponsors and patrons.
Although events in the US are seen through a prism, the reaction to the latest outrage does seem to be different.
A Damascene moment when people are actually questioning the influence of the NRA, and the consequences of their influence?

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Although events in the US are seen through a prism, the reaction to the latest outrage does seem to be different.
A Damascene moment when people are actually questioning the influence of the NRA, and the consequences of their influence?
Meerkatz thinks there will be a rush to fill the void, so it's safe to believe there won't.

It appears to be a youth movement driving the current protests, it may take a couple of generations but I suspect they will keep it up and eventually negate the NRA's influence.

The fall out from this is not going to help with convincing people that not having firearms in the school and relying on the police response is the way to go.
The only people who think that arming teachers is a good idea are people so stupid they shouldn't be allowed to live without a full time carer.

There was apparently an armed policeman at the school. He didn't go into the school for whatever reason. I'm not going to judge him for that because nobody knows how they'll react in that situation until it happens to them. That doesn't mean it's a good idea to tool up the geography department.

The fall out from this is not going to help with convincing people that not having firearms in the school and relying on the police response is the way to go.
I think the people who wouldn't be convinced include a large subset of people who wouldn't be convinced if every mass shooter in history said arming every civvie in Christendom wouldn't have deterred them.

The fact remains that there have now been armed 'good guys' on site in more than one mass shooting who have not managed to deter the shooters in any way. The theory has not stood the test of reality.

The only people who think that arming teachers is a good idea are people so stupid they shouldn't be allowed to live without a full time carer.

There was apparently an armed policeman at the school. He didn't go into the school for whatever reason. I'm not going to judge him for that because nobody knows how they'll react in that situation until it happens to them. That doesn't mean it's a good idea to tool up the geography department.
The parents of the children at the hundreds of schools that have allowed concealed carry for years disagree.

I think the people who wouldn't be convinced include a large subset of people who wouldn't be convinced if every mass shooter in history said arming every civvie in Christendom wouldn't have deterred them.

The fact remains that there have now been armed 'good guys' on site in more than one mass shooting who have not managed to deter the shooters in any way. The theory has not stood the test of reality.
But it’s the perfect quick answer from Trump to appease the NRA and other morons who think it will , would, could actually work.

Move on , also notice the US has also just added stronger sanctions onto NK and Trump has more golf to play.

Nonsense. The most recent example; At least 26 dead in church shooting - CNN . There are plenty more.

Or perhaps they just have a better understanding of the reality of the current situation than you do? I take it all the police departments who provide training to teachers for concealed carry in schools are 'morons' too?

It’s hard to find many armed good guys in gun free zones.

So when the average mass shooting is over in three minutes and it takes 5-8 minutes for the police to arrive ( if they decide to enter) - I bet your next solution involves something PRC in style, like mass round ups of ‘armed good guys’?

There are been several shootings stopped by armed civilians - you just have to let them carry.

The fact is - Law enforcement dropped the ball so many times on this, convincing me that giving them more control and power over us, is a bit of a tough sell.

Most Americans treat their weapon like their car, too be flashed about after enough beers are consumed, but, unlike the car if it is stolen, it's not worth reporting.

The only way America knows how many Americans bought new guns in a year is by asking the manufacturers to deduct foreign sales figures from total sales.

The reckon there are 89 guns per 100 people in the US of A, if I was one of the last 11%, I would now buy a gun.

Last edited:
It’s hard to find many armed good guys in gun free zones.

So when the average mass shooting is over in three minutes and it takes 5-8 minutes for the police to arrive ( if they decide to enter) - I bet your next solution involves something PRC in style, like mass round ups of ‘armed good guys’?

There are been several shootings stopped by armed civilians - you just have to let them carry.

The fact is - Law enforcement dropped the ball so many times on this, convincing me that giving them more control and power over us, is a bit of a tough sell.

I refer the noble gentleman to a robbery attempt in Texas some years ago where the wannabe gang banger found himself the centre of attention for a dozen armed diners.

Most Americans treat their weapon like their car, too be flashed about after enough beers are consumed, but, unlike the car if it is stolen, it's not worth reporting.

The only way America knows how many Americans bought new guns in a year is by asking the manufacturers to deduct foreign sales figures from total sales.

The reckon there are 89 guns per 100 people in the US of A, if I was one of the last 11%, I would now buy a gun.

Contrary To Hollywierd, you can't go 'flashing' guns about in America, especially when intoxicated.

Sorry, not in public then.... but with 3 Budweisers in them, they want to show their RED-SPOT add-on too their brushed finished Colt 45, just take it out the box and start waving it around.....

Funnily enough, it seems to work in Northern Ireland.
See the muppet robbing a petrol station and found out one of the bystanders in the petrol station was an armed off duty policeman.