Mass Shootings in the US

if the 2nd amendment is a protection against a corrupt over bearing government- what do you expect to happen?
That hopefully people have a reality check

Unless you buggers can buy surplus A-10 s etc and the bangy bits to go on em then even your bumpstocked piece isn't going to help in sticking it to the Man ( That was very glib but you get the point ) .

That hopefully people have a reality check

Unless you buggers can buy surplus A-10 s etc and the bangy bits to go on em then even your bumpstocked piece isn't going to help in sticking it to the Man ( That was very glib but you get the point ) .
No I dont, but ok.

If it got to that ridiculous point - you think the Military ( a lot of constitution swearing shooters...) will succeed in quelling a population, that the U.S military couldn't do in Afghanistan?

I don't but that's the point ; the US hasn't had that kind of problem since way back when ; looking at how state law can trump federal laws etc etc I cant see how a centralised government can impose its will over essentially 50 different countries .
As a matter of interest ; weve all seen the stats on these spree killings etc but is there any stats that support the idea that an armed civvy has prevented such ??

I don't but that's the point ; the US hasn't had that kind of problem since way back when ; looking at how state law can trump federal laws etc etc I cant see how a centralised government can impose its will over essentially 50 different countries .
As a matter of interest ; weve all seen the stats on these spree killings etc but is there any stats that support the idea that an armed civvy has prevented such ??
It does happen, unfortunately most mass shootings are 'Gun free zones'. that obviously reduces the chance of someone stopping an attack.

It does happen, unfortunately most mass shootings are 'Gun free zones'. that obviously reduces the chance of someone stopping an attack.
Reason I ask is some of the more vocal supporters chuck out that hypothesis at every given turn and I'm intrigued if theres the facts to back up their Roger Ramjet like fantasy of offing the bad guy and saving the day

More proof (if needed) Americans don't do irony
Gun advocates 'exploiting' Florida tragedy

It's clowns like him that will ensure more kids die in schools this year
I heard big chunks of LaPierre on PM. I thought it was pretty appalling.

The solution to hundreds of dead kids and tens of thousands of other people seemed to be TUTT. Tool Up The Teachers.

Jeezus. Mrs TS1 was a teacher and I have met (probably) hundreds of teachers. I wouldn’t trust any of them with a spud gun.

I wonder if the best handguns for school defence are the same as the best handguns to take to church?

My wife is a teacher (language proctor) and is not a gun person at all. After the news yesterday, she said " I would volunteer to be armed - why wouldn't you'?
Of purse she did

Reason I ask is some of the more vocal supporters chuck out that hypothesis at every given turn and I'm intrigued if theres the facts to back up their Roger Ramjet like fantasy of offing the bad guy and saving the day
I know of one old lady that shot a sexual motivated attacker (not fatally). I know another that shot and missed two 'messicans' trying to break into his house. And a customer of mine killed two Burglars a few years back.

That is my only contact with gun violence. I keep at least one firaem loaded for night time intruders or when the wife is at home alone.

I live in the First World so I normally just lock the doors before I go to bed.
My buddy did that and woke up to two shocked faces and a crowbar, prying open his door. I live in a place where we can shoot intruders in my house/property. I dont feel bad for them TBH.

I know of one old lady that shot a sexual motivated attacker (not fatally). I know another that shot and missed two 'messicans' trying to break into his house. And a customer of mine killed two Burglars a few years back.

That is my only contact with gun violence. I keep at least one firaem loaded for night time intruders or when the wife is at home alone.
Wow.

Apart from police officers I doubt if more than a handful of Europeans (if that) could say the same as you do in your first paragraph.

I’m glad that your “only” experience is two misses, one wounding and two deaths.

Wow.

Apart from police officers I doubt if more than a handful of Europeans (if that) could say the same as you do in your first paragraph.

I’m glad that your “only” experience is two misses, one wounding and two deaths.
In my opinion - they are positive experiences.

You would rather my friends granny was raped? You think my customer should have let them break in ( again - it was a repeat set of punks robbing an old man) ? You think my buddy should have hid in his bathroom and waited for them to steal anything/do anything they wanted in his house?

an amendment if you will .
Look, it's one thing to amend the Constitution but amending an amendment is just unthinkable!

you think the Military ( a lot of constitution swearing shooters...) will succeed in quelling a population, that the U.S military couldn't do in Afghanistan?
The flip side is that a heavily armed civilian population never succeeded in getting rid of corrupt and overbearing government in Afghanistan either.

Last edited:
Castle Doctrine by chance?
Yep. Even here in ultra liberal Los angeles with all the strictest gun control laws in the country - if you are in my house, its assumed you are there for nefarious reasons. They get shot quite often and as long as you dont go batshit and chase them down and finish them off on the street - perfectly legal.

It also counts as one of those gun homicides, when they quote the numbers killed.